All Points East 2023

gfa

Strokes day is looking good; Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Amyl and Black Midi all big draws for me. Plus I missed the Strokes at Primavera last year as they cancelled the first weekend. Last year I ended up either winning loads of tickets, or getting them cheaper off Twickets and the 2-4-1 deal so I probably won’t buy straight away. 

3 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Oh so they think there will only be field day + stormzy + strokes? Certainly there must be other ape dates tba

There will be more coming, i think crimson meant only strokes/field day are being announced this week

Florence is likely we think - tba once her uk tour is done

1975 could also be similar, currently doing their uk tour too

Edited by gfa

8 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Any thoughts on Bjork potentially playing this. I know Coachella is hardly an indicator but with Fossora out for nearly a year by APE surely she'll be planning to play some European shows around then? 

Definitely been long enough for her to come back - anyone remember how her day sold last time?

19 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Any thoughts on Bjork potentially playing this. I know Coachella is hardly an indicator but with Fossora out for nearly a year by APE surely she'll be planning to play some European shows around then? 

I would imagine bluedot is half the capacity of APE, that didn't sell out. 

11 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

30k ish. 
There was a great thunder storm in the middle. 

Sounds like a decent rebooking then if its on a good day - she was on Sunday last time too. The undercard she had was pretty stacked to be fair

5 hours ago, evilduck said:

Strokes day is looking good; Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Amyl and Black Midi all big draws for me. Plus I missed the Strokes at Primavera last year as they cancelled the first weekend. Last year I ended up either winning loads of tickets, or getting them cheaper off Twickets and the 2-4-1 deal so I probably won’t buy straight away. 

Tempted by this- I have never seen the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

How much will the tickets be?

51 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

How is the sound for this? Few other posts around the glastonbury section saying that its bad for headliners

can anyone corroborate?

Strokes day was notoriously bad last time and Foals had some issues last time they played, but I didn't really have any issues last year and I went to a few of the days so not sure if they've found a sweet spot for it. It's a site that benefits from moving around a bit to get the best sound.

It's in a residential area and so I imagine there's a lot of watching dB levels as the evening goes on.

31 minutes ago, evilduck said:

I found the sound for Chems was pretty bad and I moved around a bit. Gorillaz and Nick Cave were good, but I was right at the front for both. 

Weirdly when I saw The Strokes there we had good sound. Maybe we were under the single cranked up speaker? 😂

It was good for me too at the strokes

key thing is to move about - think i've been very lucky as i have never really had any issues

if it wasn't full of talkers the sound wouldn't matter as much anyway!!