Taylor swift

brettredmayne

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Also keep smirking at the general response to the initial album being ‘this is too long’ and then a whole second part dropping, although seems like she’s done exactly as she undoubtedly hoped and broke a whole bunch of streaming records on the first day. 

Looking more and more like a tactical faux pas- folk didn't have enough time to digest the album proper before the second tranche arrived - and whether deserved or not the latter 15 tracks will always have an air of also rans about them.  She should have put a bit more breathing space between them.

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Weren't half of them just re-release Taylor versions?....but still there is a big point to it. I would guess it means she is around next year though. Imagine Glastonbury having to choose between Taylor and Olivia having already got Rihanna. I don't think she'll agree for the money anyway now myself yet. I mean she's only 34.

No - she has now had 11 original studio albums plus 4 re-recordings. She started as a teenager! 

On 4/19/2024 at 2:55 PM, LinvoyPrimus said:

I'm a fan of hers but this left me underwhelmed. 

Does nothing interesting or unusual with the double album format, a lot of the 31 tracks are same-same, Antonoff's production is pretty formulaic and predictable at this point. Probably her most cohesive work yet, but there aren't a lot of highs – very few standouts on first listen which is unusual for a Taylor Swift album.

As is almost always the case with double albums these days, if you'd pulled the best bits from both 'sides', this could have been a great album.

Ah man. I've been apprehensive about this one and I'm saving it for an evening where I can really delve into it with the earphones. Your comment is identical to two of my mates who love Swift. I'll still give it a whirl obviously, but I'll probably end up blasting Lover straight after it to recalibrate.

Now the dust has settled a bit on the new album, how many and which songs do we think will be making the European leg of the Eras tour? 
Expecting around 4/5 .. would say that ‘Fortnight’ and ‘Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?’ are dead certs. 

16 minutes ago, st dan said:

Now the dust has settled a bit on the new album, how many and which songs do we think will be making the European leg of the Eras tour? 
Expecting around 4/5 .. would say that ‘Fortnight’ and ‘Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?’ are dead certs. 

My daughter helpfully curated an 11 track version for me as the full album was boring me. It has since expanded to a 12 track “extended mix”. I have told her it’s one in one out for any further changes. This is the track listing currently, and I am enjoying it:

image.thumb.png.2577964c82f59ee4a96477149b19abba.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

My daughter helpfully curated an 11 track version for me as the full album was boring me. It has since expanded to a 12 track “extended mix”. I have told her it’s one in one out for any further changes. This is the track listing currently, and I am enjoying it:

image.thumb.png.2577964c82f59ee4a96477149b19abba.png

That is more or less the exact playlist I would create too and the only songs I’m actually returning to listen to. If she had released this as the album I think it would have been very well received!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, st dan said:

That is more or less the exact playlist I would create too and the only songs I’m actually returning to listen to. If she had released this as the album I think it would have been very well received!

I will tell her that her father and one other internet user thinks she has created a great playlist 😂

Suspect we all have our own, but the following reprogramme is what I've been listening to.

Works terrifically well as an album this way (I think) - to the point it's now solidly right up there with my favourites of hers:

image.png.52b25545344a32a1c162c8dec66691aa.png

I think Down Bad, Daddy I Love Him, Guilty as Sin and So High School are all in the very first rank. Fortnight, TTPD, So Long, London, The Bolter and Chloe or Same also terrific.

• 2 weeks later...

First night of the Europe leg tonight - plenty of choices were made. Six songs cut to make room for TTPD, mostly from Folklore and Evermore 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/taylor-swift/2024/paris-la-defense-arena-nanterre-france-6baa46ba.html

Long Live we will remember you 💔

can certainly live without The Archer or Tolerate It, but Tis The Damn Season and Long Live being removed while Look What You Made Me Do, Karma, You Need To Calm Down and Bad Blood remain is just baffling . . .

The real villain remains All Too Well taking up the space of three songs rather than one, but by this point I’ve made my peace with that. 

Cut some of my favourites from folklore/Evermore + the archer 😞 gutted.

really sad that last great american dynasty, tis the damn season, the 1 and The archer have been cut.

I need to listen to the new album more.  Feel swamped by songs to be honest the only 2 that stuck were Fortnight and Florida.  Will try again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Cut some of my favourites from folklore/Evermore + the archer 😞 gutted.

really sad that last great american dynasty, tis the damn season, the 1 and The archer have been cut.

I need to listen to the new album more.  Feel swamped by songs to be honest the only 2 that stuck were Fortnight and Florida.  Will try again.

Keep at it. Would suggest making a playlist and trimming it down to the songs in the screenshot above as a starting point. It’s not ‘clicked’ with me and I love it, although don’t bother listening to around half of it. 

• Upvote 1

I was really hoping she might play the Tortured Poets songs last meaning me and my pal can bounce after the bonus songs and avoid the rush. Slicing Folklore and Evermore to add songs puts even more salt in the wound to be honest. Cardigan being shortened being the icing on the crappy cake.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Might just leave after Wildest Dreams **

** okay I definitely won’t, but not exactly stoked about that final hour of mid albums, even if she does seem to have picked some of the more notable songs from both.

It’s certainly an interesting strategy to make the last hour comfortably the weakest part of the show. Wouldn’t be surprised if empty seats start appearing immediately after the surprise songs, especially in cities like London where people need to make the last train home. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It’s certainly an interesting strategy to make the last hour comfortably the weakest part of the show. Wouldn’t be surprised if empty seats start appearing immediately after the surprise songs, especially in cities like London where people need to make the last train home. 

Weirdly I'm in a very different boat. Lover as an opening to me (with the exception of Cruel Summer) is a rough start but Midnights I think from start to finish may be in her top three albums. 

Guessing from your user we're both in the exact same boat when it comes to the opener though (I genuinely cannot wait to see Paramore again).