Taylor swift

brettredmayne

39 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Do we know why no golden circle for Anfield? Is it a slightly smaller stadium or something?

I assume it's because of a logistical issue that makes it unfeasible. Maybe not enough access points or there isn't a safe way to divide into sections etc. 

Edited by thatTFBguy

Kicking myself over these tickets. Must have entered my email address wrong for presale so missed on that last week. I registered 3 email addresses for all UK dates in the main sale and got waiting list for each one. Appreciate its a long shot, but if anyone has a spare code / attempting tickets and can grab 2 more tickets for any UK show I can pay immediately, and would be forever grateful!! Will pay up to £200 per ticket! 

Not to rub it in if anybody here is still trying to get tickets this week, but feeling very fortunate to have had the pre sale last week after today. Seeing lots of people claim it's basically just VIP packages left now, and even the low 1,000s in the queue being left with nothing but £600 packages. 

• Like 1

Just now, thatTFBguy said:

Not to rub it in if anybody here is still trying to get tickets this week, but feeling very fortunate to have had the pre sale last week after today. Seeing lots of people claim it's basically just VIP packages left now, and even the low 1,000s in the queue being left with nothing but £600 packages. 

That's scary, sounds like they must have put the vast bulk of tickets up in the pre-sale.

I think today has managed to be the only day of my life so far, where I feel a TINY bit sorry for Ticketmaster - for the flak they seem to be getting over unavailablity of 'normal' tickets and prevalence of VIP tickets instead.  

We seem to have a situation where anybody in the UK could have signed up last October, completely free of charge, for a presale which seems to have delivered close to a 100% chance of being able to get tickets at face value.  

Then in the general sale, it sounds like 95% of those who registered were waitlisted.  Of the 5% who are getting through, most are finding that normal tickets are sold out, and only £600 VIP tickets are left.  And they seem to be blaming Ticketmaster for this.

The idea that Taylor Swift - the artist with probably the most clout, and most control over pretty much every aspect of everything she does - isn't (a) aware of these VIP tickets, (b) wouldn't have blessed them, (c) will be collecting the revenue from them, and (d) is most likely the architect - just isn't a credible position.   

If you think £600 VIP tickets are a ripoff (and they are - essentially just normal tickets being sold for £500, with a £100 merch box thrown in) - it's important to be clear that Taylor Swift is 90% the one ripping you off here.  Ticketmaster are just the facilitator - and it seems, the provider of a level of deniability...

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Yeah that code was a god send. Certainly feels like the majority of tickets were shifted last week, which while that would be frustrating if you were in the general sale it has seemed to benefit the “true” fans.

• Like 1

Only made the waitlist for Wembley and Anfield. Good to see a lot of success on here but pretty frustrating to have just missed the midnights sign-up when it happened all those months ago. Looks like that made all the difference.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I can't believe they are taking that entire set to Cardiff for 1 night only, madness. 

I was surprised, having tried for all London shows, how comparatively easy a ticket it was. Managed to get mine after about 15mins and went back in 3 hours later and bought 2 more (making the max of 4) for a friend who'd been at a funeral and, understandably, forgotten about it. 

Can only assume the midweek factor reducing the demand.

16 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Same with Madrid. Let’s just hope it’s the full show and not a reduced version in any way …

Really does make you wonder why Madrid demand is so low.  There are 2 nights in Lisbon even!   And it isn’t like she’s also doing Barcelona, to split demand in Spain.  

It must be demand driven - so is Spain alone in just not really finding her a big deal?

19 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Really does make you wonder why Madrid demand is so low.  There are 2 nights in Lisbon even!   And it isn’t like she’s also doing Barcelona, to split demand in Spain.  

It must be demand driven - so is Spain alone in just not really finding her a big deal?

Even if the local demand isn’t huge, for a place like Madrid there should surely be enough people willing to travel and make a long weekend out of it. Looking at the gap between Lisbon and that single Spanish night - there was clearly an expectation of adding more shows there, and maybe they still will, eventually 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I get this is to stop touts but what about people that wanted to sell via twickets or people that bought the tickets for someone else? Seen a lot of younger people on twitter saying the tickets are in their parent's name but they're not coming. We were hoping to get tickets through twickets if we're not successful on Wednesday but now I'm unsure if they'll even let us in.

Screenshot_20230717-185857_Twitter.jpg

26 minutes ago, OddRon said:

I get this is to stop touts but what about people that wanted to sell via twickets or people that bought the tickets for someone else? Seen a lot of younger people on twitter saying the tickets are in their parent's name but they're not coming. We were hoping to get tickets through twickets if we're not successful on Wednesday but now I'm unsure if they'll even let us in.

Screenshot_20230717-185857_Twitter.jpg

But also this. The help page has disappeared btw. They might be updating it. Its really way too early to and its not as if they dont understand theres teenagers who got tickets via their parents who arent attending. I swear harry styles had the same and nothing happened. 

Evening all. What was the general consensus on best approach. One device, one tab?

Also what are you presented with when you hit the link, all tickets types available? or do you search based on preference without knowing what remains?

Anxiety is worse than G day. 

24 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

Evening all. What was the general consensus on best approach. One device, one tab?

Also what are you presented with when you hit the link, all tickets types available? or do you search based on preference without knowing what remains?

Anxiety is worse than G day. 

For presale on Ticketmaster you were presented with a page like this, with a list of all the different ticket types (the prices for each ticket type appear once you put your code in but I didn’t get a screenshot of that) 

IMG_0018.png

From there you had to go through and search for the best available ticket in any category you chose. You were only allowed a limited number (think it was five) of searches before you got booted out and told to rejoin the queue, though, so don’t go in expecting to be allowed to be too fussy. And there’s no option to just search for the best available ticket across all the categories at once, unfortunately, you have to pick and choose which categories to search under. 

If you’re willing to try for the VIP packages, best to read up and decide in advance which packages you’re willing to pay for, because they’re all quite similarly worded and you don’t want to waste any time deciphering which one is for you. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Thanks 1

Do think the whole VIP ticket malarkey is essentially surge pricing by stealth.

i was able to view the tickets block by block row by row for edinburgh after the initial rush was over during the midnights presale and there are a LOT of seats allocated to the vip packages. even “less desirable” seats you would not call premium ones are held back for the packages. 

if and when some of the £660 dont sell, later down the line they will just convert them back to normal tickets and sell them at the relevant GA price for that section, inviting random people off the waitlist to buy.

they will do the same with production holds closer to the time

Hello - 

I'm considering travelling from overseas to UK to attend Taylor Swift in Edinburgh at Murrayfield. I have never been to the venue and have consulted the seating chart for the concert but am confused as to where row AA would be in section 221? Would it be on the floor? Would it be front row? Might there be people standing right in front of me? I've consulted the View From My Seat website but can't quite find what I'm looking for there either. 

Any information or feedback from those of you more in the know would be very much appreciated! Thank you:)

21 minutes ago, Barbara Milmine said:

Hello - 

I'm considering travelling from overseas to UK to attend Taylor Swift in Edinburgh at Murrayfield. I have never been to the venue and have consulted the seating chart for the concert but am confused as to where row AA would be in section 221? Would it be on the floor? Would it be front row? Might there be people standing right in front of me? I've consulted the View From My Seat website but can't quite find what I'm looking for there either. 

Any information or feedback from those of you more in the know would be very much appreciated! Thank you:)

There is no section 221 in Murrayfield. I'd be very suspicious of any site advertising tickets there.

But generally speaking - row AA would be the 27th row. There are exceptions to this but it'll usually go A-Z, and then AA, BB, CC etc.