Taylor swift

brettredmayne

9 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Seem to be loads of people on Twitter with no email at all. I still have no email for either account that registered. 

Two scenarios: only a certain number of people get waitlisted and others hear nothing, or TM have screwed up under weight of demand and thousands of people just didn’t get registered. 

Which do we think? I was under the impression everyone would get an email one way or another. 

No email for me either but I thought that was because I got Midnights presale tickets. Maybe a system error. I would have expected to know one way or the other

I’ve had a AXS email confirming I’m waitlisted. Different email to my Midnights code last week though.

I have to say I’m now very happy to have even got tickets this week as next weeks sale looks fairly horrific.

I could have sworn people previously were told their number in the waitlist? Nothing of the kind for me, just an email to say I’m waitlisted.

EDIT: AXS, not TM. Which is odd as the email came from TM last week letting me know I’d hear about waitlist etc today. 

Edited by DareToDibble

4 hours ago, panda97 said:

I registered on a few accounts, one I made with my mum's email, literally created it 10 minutes before registering and that is the only one that has successfully got codes so far

Yeah, tracks perfectly. Probably shouldve told all of you to make burners. They actually only care about a different mobile number here but you can keep using the same name/mailing/billing address along with the diff email.

59 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Man I really hope so. I’m trying not to get carried away on the set lists though in case there are some tweaks for the next leg of the tour. There’s a chance she drops 1989 before the U.K. shows and that could really throw things up in the air.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Man I really hope so. I’m trying not to get carried away on the set lists though in case there are some tweaks for the next leg of the tour. There’s a chance she drops 1989 before the U.K. shows and that could really throw things up in the air.

I think she’s definitely announcing 1989 at the end of the US leg, but I don’t think it will impact the setlist. Look at Speak Now - she only added one song! So if you’re adding a 1989 song Taylor please do New Romantics

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jparx said:

Agree with your pessimism but difficult to know what from 1989 she’d deem essential to add. Unlike with Speak Now, all the big singles are already there. Definitely wouldn’t mind All You Had To Do Was Stay being added at the expense of one of the album tracks from Midnights though.

22 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

I think she’s definitely announcing 1989 at the end of the US leg, but I don’t think it will impact the setlist. Look at Speak Now - she only added one song! So if you’re adding a 1989 song Taylor please do New Romantics

I want out of the woods please 

Someone on reddit shared a screenshot from Ticketmaster that indicated it was a max of 4 tickets per HOUSEHOLD, does anybody know if this is actually a thing? It was the first I had seen of it and i've not seen it mentioned anywhere else

Also if so, how likely are they to actually care if the tickets are purchased by different people with different names, emails, cards, accounts etc but the same address.

3 minutes ago, panda97 said:

Someone on reddit shared a screenshot from Ticketmaster that indicated it was a max of 4 tickets per HOUSEHOLD, does anybody know if this is actually a thing? It was the first I had seen of it and i've not seen it mentioned anywhere else

Also if so, how likely are they to actually care if the tickets are purchased by different people with different names, emails, cards, accounts etc but the same address.

Don’t see how they would even know. If you paid with PayPal like we did there was no point at which we gave Ticketmaster our address. 

43 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Don’t see how they would even know. If you paid with PayPal like we did there was no point at which we gave Ticketmaster our address. 

They’d know if you used your card and had to input a billing address. 

re: the maximum - no one knows if they will cancel the tickets yet but it just says they MAY

42 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Theres still an address registered with paypal ya know. Your banking info has no registered address to it? They can crosscheck if they choose to do so.  Not like TM doesnt have access to payment methods and the pertaining info.

46 minutes ago, panda97 said:

Its definitely a thing. Its called "scrubbing" when they go and check orders for an onsale and find anything they deem suspicious. Fred Again had it done for his gigs. Taylor can have it done if they had the intention of curbing resale for the euro/uk tour. The Cure obviously had it done for their tour. Its a wait and see approach right now.  And they can care as much as possible because if your household snagged 20 tickets while others got nothing, who is to say you arent a reseller just using everyones names and such.

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Theres still an address registered with paypal ya know. Your banking info has no registered address to it? They can crosscheck if they choose to do so.  Not like TM doesnt have access to payment methods and the pertaining info.

Its definitely a thing. Its called "scrubbing" when they go and check orders for an onsale and find anything they deem suspicious. Fred Again had it done for his gigs. Taylor can have it done if they had the intention of curbing resale for the euro/uk tour. The Cure obviously had it done for their tour. Its a wait and see approach right now.  And they can care as much as possible because if your household snagged 20 tickets while others got nothing, who is to say you arent a reseller just using everyones names and such.

I get the idea of doing it for unusually large purchases like your example of 20

But someone buying 6 tickets spread over multiple different shows feels a bit different 

To curb reselling surely the best method would be to just cancel tickets that appear on resale websites above retail price. Standing might be a little more difficult to do but seated tickets they can just cancel the ticket for that show and that seat if it shows up on a resale website above face value

I think maybe the original communication from AEG was incorrect? 
Have they not essentially categorised all those who registered into:

(a) those who have been provided a code, (bthose on the waiting list
(c) other

I don’t think it would make much sense having everybody who registered and not selected for a code just to be automatically added to a waitlist, as surely this will need some sort of priority and order too?

The email received did make it seem like everybody would receive an email regardless, and that’s clearly not the case at all. 

Edited by st dan