Taylor swift

brettredmayne

21 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

How sad.

people willing to pay £100 odd quid to sit there and watch a screen. Madness. Go see a gig at a smaller venue and support artists that aren’t gouging fans by charging that much for no view whatsoever what I say.

There are seats in that spot on sale for $1500 at the remaining US dates at this very moment

43 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yep. also I still don’t buy the idea that they’d spend millions on rebuilding the Annie Road end with more seats, hospitality etc just to continue having the concert stages at that end. Would be a complete waste. 

The redevelopment includes better load in and out that end. It's logistically easier having the stage that end but doesn't make sense capacity wise.

26 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

How sad.

people willing to pay £100 odd quid to sit there and watch a screen. Madness. Go see a gig at a smaller venue and support artists that aren’t gouging fans by charging that much for no view whatsoever what I say.

There's some sort of extreme collective insanity going on re this Taylor Swift madness. Yes she's clearly talented, but not to such an extent to warrant such extreme adoration.

As far as I can see her greatest talent is marketing.

You're spot on with this:

Madness. Go see a gig at a smaller venue and support artists that aren’t gouging fans by charging that much for no view whatsoever what I say.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

There are seats in that spot on sale for $1500 at the remaining US dates at this very moment

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee Donkey what the f**k is going on with the world today

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

There's some sort of extreme collective insanity going on re this Taylor Swift madness. Yes she's clearly talented, but not to such an extent to warrant such extreme adoration.

As far as I can see her greatest talent is marketing.

Her ONLY talent is marketing from the garbage I’ve had the misfortune of hearing so far. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Then why are you in here? 

Because it’s an opinion forum - why are you in here?

last time I checked this thread should be in the bin as TS now can’t play Glastonbury - should at least be out of this part of the forums.

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

Because it’s an opinion forum - why are you in here?

last time I checked this thread should be in the bin as TS now can’t play Glastonbury - should at least be out of this part of the forums.

I just don't get going to a specific thread when you don't like the artist. That's all.

Let people be happy and excited. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I just don't get going to a specific thread when you don't like the artist. That's all.

I don’t get how someone can moralistically charge their fans that much money to not even see her ‘perform’. I’m just commenting on what is blatant profiteering by the artist - yes I don’t like her but there you go.

if you think I’m weird you should’ve seen Neil on the GnR threads.

Just now, mungo57 said:

I don’t get how someone can moralistically charge their fans that much money to not even see her ‘perform’. I’m just commenting on what is blatant profiteering by the artist - yes I don’t like her but there you go.

if you think I’m weird you should’ve seen Neil on the GnR threads.

The prices mentioned were resale prices and from pictures you can still 'see' her even though its from a side point of view, better view than the nosebleeds. 

As for Neil, I'm very aware. 

I Went To Taylor Swift 'Eras Tour' Alone & Here Are My Top Tips

7 hours ago, michslo said:

I’m looking to buy 2 tickets in the Midnights presale, I have my code. Really we want Cardiff tickets, but thinking that it might be worth playing it safe and also trying to get London tickets in the earlier sales. Giving more chances to be successful.

What I’m wondering is whether, if I secure 2 London tickets, I can still try for 2 Cardiff tickets later. The FAQs seem to suggest that the code is valid for a total of 4 tickets, and there’s nothing to suggest that couldn’t be 2 tickets for one date and 2 for another.

I guess it might just be a case of seeing what happens. Anyone else thinking of trying for 2x2 tickets?

I am wondering the same

I wanted to try for 2 tickets to a June London show and 2 to an August London show

Still only 4 total tickets but not sure if that counts 

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The prices mentioned were resale prices and from pictures you can still 'see' her even though its from a side point of view, better view than the nosebleeds. 

As for Neil, I'm very aware. 

I Went To Taylor Swift 'Eras Tour' Alone & Here Are My Top Tips

Bet you the face value wasn’t cheap.

You can clearly also see only when she’s on the central walkway. Unless she’s on there the entire gig then that’s f**kery of the extremest sort.

4 hours ago, august1 said:

There was a pic on here showing tickets behind the stage at Anfield, just the sides of the road end stand. If people are willing to be there to see f**k all. Maybe put a screen up for them 

Get the chairs out in the car park. Call it 50 quid a pop and with a fair wind, you’ll probably still can hear bits of it 👍

4 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Bet you the face value wasn’t cheap.

You can clearly also see only when she’s on the central walkway. Unless she’s on there the entire gig then that’s f**kery of the extremest sort.

The face value eas not cheap. For the above image seats they were about $300 each after fees. 

more and more artists are selling semi obstructed or stage adjacent seats and charging a premium because youre "closer" to the stage and artist

1 minute ago, Comfy Bean said:

Get the chairs out in the car park. Call it 50 quid a pop and with a fair wind, you’ll probably still can hear bits of it 👍

Thats been happening the whole tour over here and now people are rushing the gates at the end of the night to try and get in there even for 2 minutes. 

also the confetti from the concerts has spur ed its own black market. So resale for seats that are close to the confetti cannons fetch more of a premium.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Thats been happening the whole tour over here and now people are rushing the gates at the end of the night to try and get in there even for 2 minutes. 

also the confetti from the concerts has spur ed its own black market. So resale for seats that are close to the confetti cannons fetch more of a premium.

🤣

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The face value eas not cheap. For the above image seats they were about $300 each after fees. 

more and more artists are selling semi obstructed or stage adjacent seats and charging a premium because youre "closer" to the stage and artist

The fun thing is that standing tickets for her UK gigs will be less than that.

Happy independence 

It is some kind of weird hysteria. 

Look at how tickets for wilko johnson were going for a couple of hundred quid when people thought he was dying. Tour after that didn't sell out at £30. Frankie boyle when he was The one to watch was ridiculous. Now hes still frankie boyle but go and see him wherever you want. Jake bugg etc etc.  Bloody bay city rollers. Its fomo entwined with some weird human thing. And marketing works. Even if we think we are immune from this side of it there will be something we fall for where others wouldn't. 

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I’ve never paid premium for an artist only to not be able to see the sodding stage…… just because ‘more and more’ do it doesn’t mean she should, if she cares about her fans as much as her marketing team lets on then she would t get involved in such f**kery.

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Jesus wept

Personally I don’t see the issue with artists selling the restricted view seats. For artists with such phenomenal demand, these type of seats are giving thousands more people the opportunity to ‘see’ them perform live.

Yes, the pricing should probably be much more heavily reduced for these seats, however it is an open market and people are aware of these seats before purchasing - it’s not as if they turn up to be randomly allocated there.

If the punters are happy to buy these to at least be in the same venue and soak up the atmosphere, then I think it’s fair enough for me. Although I’d personally never buy them in a million years!

16 minutes ago, st dan said:

Personally I don’t see the issue with artists selling the restricted view seats. For artists with such phenomenal demand, these type of seats are giving thousands more people the opportunity to ‘see’ them perform live.

Yes, the pricing should probably be much more heavily reduced for these seats, however it is an open market and people are aware of these seats before purchasing - it’s not as if they turn up to be randomly allocated there.

If the punters are happy to buy these to at least be in the same venue and soak up the atmosphere, then I think it’s fair enough for me. Although I’d personally never buy them in a million years!

I often buy RV seats for the theatre as some of them are quite good value. Not at $100 a ticket or whatever though when you’re effectively paying to watch it on the telly 

Edited by mungo57

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

I’ve never paid premium for an artist only to not be able to see the sodding stage…… just because ‘more and more’ do it doesn’t mean she should, if she cares about her fans as much as her marketing team lets on then she would t get involved in such f**kery.

Jesus wept

She only cares about the bottom line if that wasnt obvious enough. I think youll see that when next weeks charts are released with sales figures. Gonna sell a million vinyl records and they werent cheap. She did the bare minimum which was to not allow dynamic pricing for this tour. I mean she had taken the $100 million in crypto money til the deal got pulled.

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

The fun thing is that standing tickets for her UK gigs will be less than that.

Happy independence 

You have to get those tickets first before you can talk about cheap or not. Will be interesting to see how the resale market ends up when the dust clears in a week.