Taylor swift

brettredmayne

On 6/17/2022 at 8:55 AM, JoeyT said:

Right, so I was also told in this exact fashion "a certain Mr M Mathers" is booked in to stay at Babington House as well.

My response (not knowing any of Kendrick's stuff that well or even if their is a link between the two) was to initially laugh then express my disbelief as I see no way in a million years he'd do a secret set but followed up by saying perhaps he'll come on with Kendrick as a special guest or something.

But having looked online this morning there doesn't to be anything suggesting that apart from they've ever performed together live, unless anyone who knows Kendrick / Eminem's stuff better?

Also, does Kendrick do special guests? I have no idea.

Anyway, my mate then said (he definitely believed what he was told even if I didn't!) he wondered if it might be a case that Eminem isn't necessarily performing but coming over to watch Kendrick / scope out the festival because perhaps he's been asked to perform next year?

I'll leave it for you guys to tear apart now!

Worrh digging out this old chestnut from a few months back...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Technically, Doja Cat, Paramore and GNR are new to the festival and it's female representation inside the top two's. Chances are the Doja sub would be of similar too given how long GNR play.

I don't mean new to the festival. I mean current acts that have emerged in the last 10 years or less. Doja is the only one you've listed. This year you had Billie Eilish, Sam Fender, Megan Thee Stallion, Kendrick Lamar and Lorde.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Worrh digging out this old chestnut from a few months back...

Yeah this is the only thing that makes me consider Eminem as remotely likely tbh. Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve heard murmurs of an act being present or rumoured one year only for them to turn up the next. Still seems kinda nuts to me, and Elton seems far more likely, but given his track record it wouldn’t at all surprise me if he just didn’t ever play the festival. 

Maybe the GNR rumour is wrong and Eminem is in for Swift.

Also at this point saying 'in for Swift' is probs just wrong cos they must have known all along that she wasn't available this year if those dates are correct.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this is the only thing that makes me consider Eminem as remotely likely tbh. Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve heard murmurs of an act being present or rumoured one year only for them to turn up the next. Still seems kinda nuts to me, and Elton seems far more likely, but given his track record it wouldn’t at all surprise me if he just didn’t ever play the festival. 

There's that and the flurry of rumours a couple of weeks back. Noone on here gave them much credence but they went wider than just The Sun.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Maybe the GNR rumour is wrong and Eminem is in for Swift.

Also at this point saying 'in for Swift' is probs just wrong cos they must have known all along that she wasn't available this year if those dates are correct.

I imagine they had her pencilled in fairly early/she said she’d do it in 2023 after 2020 fell through but her plans just didn’t end up going that way. If it’s GnR or Eminem I can’t imagine they were late in the day bookings.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't mean new to the festival. I mean current acts that have emerged in the last 10 years or less. Doja is the only one you've listed. This year you had Billie Eilish, Sam Fender, Megan Thee Stallion, Kendrick Lamar and Lorde.

I know what you meant. Lorde isn't new, she subbed Other before hand. Self Esteem are going to play fairly high too.

Just now, thewayiam said:

I know what you meant. Lorde isn't new, she subbed Other before hand. Self Esteem are going to play fairly high too.

You say you know what I meant but then say Lorde isn't new because she's played before. As I said, I don't mean new to the festival. I mean an act that's still pretty fresh in their career. Tbf Kendrick and Lorde are both pretty established at this point but my overall point still stands that there'll be more current acts in the top slot than just Doja Cat as you suggested.

Think its funny that people keep wanting to say "taylors replacement". Who said she had a spot locked up for 2023 and cancelled? Anyone? Only time you could say somebody took her place was this  year when Billie came onboard, thats it. Other than that, its a free for all again. Its amazing that it was supposed to just be some boring headliner talk cause you thought things were so automatic. But theyre not, welcome to reality, the Eavii dont have magical pixie dust to get everyone that you want.

Edited by Suprefan

Of course I was all excited for Taylor's appearance on Graham Norton and I come across this development right as it starts.

I'm gutted. I know it was never guaranteed, but I'm gutted. Kind of takes the pressure off next week's t-day but it's galling to think of how long a wait it will be to see her on the Pyramid.

Just keep thinking back to that day she was first confirmed.. I was a fan then, and was thrilled, but I've become an even bigger fan in the three years since. Argh! 

fhuz97f39tg01.png.0803f600bd053a18abab9323a8b8a032.png

40 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Think its funny that people keep wanting to say "taylors replacement". Who said she had a spot locked up for 2023 and cancelled? Anyone? Only time you could say somebody took her place was this  year when Billie came onboard, thats it. Other than that, its a free for all again. Its amazing that it was supposed to just be some boring headliner talk cause you thought things were so automatic. But theyre not, welcome to reality, the Eavii dont have magical pixie dust to get everyone that you want.

It’s amazing how pressed you get here. Have you ever thought about not acting like a throbber?

• Like 1