Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just fandom innit.  No different to, e.g.

I also thought Brit pop was embarrassing. Nothing wrong with being a fan or even a die hard but flocking to massive acts to give them a number 1 to be better than other artists is just weird. Your point is?

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I also thought Brit pop was embarrassing. Nothing wrong with being a fan or even a die hard but flocking to massive acts to give them a number 1 to be better than other artists is just weird. Your point is?

My point is that sneering at kids for being enthusiastic isnt massively clever.  Fandom exists in weird and wonderful ways.  For example, we're talking at this very moment on a fan forum for a festival, which is pretty fucking odd in the grand scheme of things.

• Upvote 1

I'm not as obsessed with this album as I have been with other Taylor albums. I'm finding the themes in the lyrics a bit too similar to previous albums and i don't find the sound as arresting as I was hoping it would be.

it doesn't feel like a big enough departure from 89/rep/lover era. Those eras themselves were quite different sounding from each other but this one is sort of a mashup of all three and it's not as exciting as I was hoping it would be.  

How is everyone else feeling on 5/6/50th listen?

6 minutes ago, MK1 said:

Does somebody know when to expect any tourdates? This week or the next??

There was someone here who claimed that a Ticketmaster source said early November.

But it might be earlier: The UK presale code thing was extended to Thursday 27.10. 5am. On top, some festivals that booked her for 2020 start their ticket sale soon. Open'er in Poland on Friday (they recently started to follow TS on Instagram again), Rock Werchter on Saturday (they had TS for a day event in 2020, now she might play the main festival). Oh and NOS Alive in Portugal started to follow her again on Instagram as well. Furthermore this adds up with her appearance on the Graham Norton show on Friday.

Long story short: Consensus is there will be a tour. And it'll be announced soon.

34 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

I'm not as obsessed with this album as I have been with other Taylor albums. I'm finding the themes in the lyrics a bit too similar to previous albums and i don't find the sound as arresting as I was hoping it would be.

it doesn't feel like a big enough departure from 89/rep/lover era. Those eras themselves were quite different sounding from each other but this one is sort of a mashup of all three and it's not as exciting as I was hoping it would be.  

There are seven tracks that I am playing a LOT and I know will remain in regular rotation from here on (1-5 on the main album, Bigger than the whole sky and Would've) - the rest I am just not into.

2 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

There was someone here who claimed that a Ticketmaster source said early November.

But it might be earlier: The UK presale code thing was extended to Thursday 27.10. 5am. On top, some festivals that booked her for 2020 start their ticket sale soon. Open'er in Poland on Friday (they recently started to follow TS on Instagram again), Rock Werchter on Saturday (they had TS for a day event in 2020, now she might play the main festival). Oh and NOS Alive in Portugal started to follow her again on Instagram as well. Furthermore this adds up with her appearance on the Graham Norton show on Friday.

Long story short: Consensus is there will be a tour. And it'll be announced soon.

Yea the Taylor camp is very secretive and things don’t seem to leak at all 

38 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

There are seven tracks that I am playing a LOT and I know will remain in regular rotation from here on (1-5 on the main album, Bigger than the whole sky and Would've) - the rest I am just not into.

Similar, I really like 1, 2, 3, 5, and 12 and for my sins i also enjoy Karma. I've still not listened to the 3am edition, saving it for a rainy day. 

I think Mastermind undermines the storytelling of Invisible String so for that I want to take it out back and shoot it. 

Edited by GeezLouise

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My point is that sneering at kids for being enthusiastic isnt massively clever.  Fandom exists in weird and wonderful ways.  For example, we're talking at this very moment on a fan forum for a festival, which is pretty fucking odd in the grand scheme of things.

how on earth is it sneering? maybe have a look up what the word means before attributing it to something it isn't.

also please point out where I said it was kids being enthusiastic? your post is an absolute stretch.

6 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

God forbid anyone think that complete obsession with an artist over stupid accolades isn't a dumb thing. Even TS herself probably doesn't give a flying shit. 

The impression I get is that she loves it and encourages it.

1 hour ago, GeezLouise said:

It’s a classic for me. As with most Taylor records there are a couple tracks that could have been cut and left us with a more well refined package, but on the whole I think it’s excellent. Finding myself getting half a dozen of the songs stuck in my head at different points. The first 5 tracks in particular are really top quality. 

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The impression I get is that she loves it and encourages it.

Nah. I don't think so, obviously everyone likes popularity but some of the lengths of these ultra obsessives (a small minority may I add!) go to is just like why? Probs just my personal opinion but it's unhealthy. I don't think efestivals comes under it btw because a lot of it is broad chats about live music/music/glastonbury predictions. I don't go queueing up outside the NME awards for it to get festival of the year.

Like I said, nothing wrong with loving an artist/band but there is a too far, and calling it 'kids getting excited over something' is one hell of a stretch.

My vinyl copy (with lush signed photo) arrived yesterday. Playing it today the production is fantastic - very deep and rich bass. I hadn't realised how good Lavender Haze is. I can see why she chose it as the opener. It's very much like 1989. The tracks grow on you with repeated listening. Once again, when I get the CD it will probably live in my car for months. That hasn't really happened since Reputation. I can see Karma being the big show closer on the tour. Impossible to listen to without shaking your bones.

6 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

My vinyl copy (with lush signed photo) arrived yesterday. Playing it today the production is fantastic - very deep and rich bass. I hadn't realised how good Lavender Haze is. I can see why she chose it as the opener. It's very much like 1989. The tracks grow on you with repeated listening. Once again, when I get the CD it will probably live in my car for months. That hasn't really happened since Reputation. I can see Karma being the big show closer on the tour. Impossible to listen to without shaking your bones.

Good shout on Karma as a closer. It has Nice Things vibes.