Mad Cool 2023

edge235

57 minutes ago, castlecaryquery said:

Is anyone aware what dates the festival is in 2033? Googling gives me 5-9 July, but then it looks like Harry Styles has announced Friday 14 July as him headlining.

I can't find any concrete information on the website which is odd. 

harry styles is headlining the same venue but is not part of the festival.  (like how he's doing the rock wertcher site without playing the festival)

5-9th is the correct dates.

Edited by Muppetmark
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

harry styles is headlining the same venue but is not part of the festival.  (like how he's doing the rock wertcher site without playing the festival)

5-9th is the correct dates.

Another 5-day festival is unlikely. I think we'll go back to 3 days and maybe a separate opening day but depending on the available headliners. 

9 minutes ago, misterplow said:

This festival is very, very quiet.

Same with Nos. I can't remember them ever leaving it this late for an announcement. You'd think they'd want tickets on sale in plenty of time before christmas.

18 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Same with Nos. I can't remember them ever leaving it this late for an announcement. You'd think they'd want tickets on sale in plenty of time before christmas.

Most of the big festivals are quiet, could boil down to a few big acts holding up announcements.  Feels like there will be a rush in the next couple of weeks, before the pre-Christmas payday.

They’ve just put something on their socials looking back at the festival in 2016. Very much looks like a hype video to me, could be getting news next week if they’re going to roll out one video a day each week for the past festivals. 

I’m really hopeful that Mad Cool steps up with a good line up next year as other than Download nothing is really floating my boat so far and I love a festival break away. After BBK had announced things this morning I was starting to wonder if Mad Cool was maybe taking a year off as normally they can’t stay tight lipped about anything, but here’s hoping they’ve just had to hold back because of embargos and such and we’re about to get some big names

9 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

They’ve just put something on their socials looking back at the festival in 2016. Very much looks like a hype video to me, could be getting news next week if they’re going to roll out one video a day each week for the past festivals. 

I’m really hopeful that Mad Cool steps up with a good line up next year as other than Download nothing is really floating my boat so far and I love a festival break away. After BBK had announced things this morning I was starting to wonder if Mad Cool was maybe taking a year off as normally they can’t stay tight lipped about anything, but here’s hoping they’ve just had to hold back because of embargos and such and we’re about to get some big names

Not much to show for 2020 and 2021. So if it‘s a video per day, we‘ll get news on Sunday.

51 minutes ago, Dales said:

Anyone else thinking that Blur might play? Just have a feeling that once i get Wembley tickets they will announce in the future they are playing the same weekend at Madcool.

Would mean at least 2 days on the bounce as they’re playing in France 06/07 and Wembley 08/07. Think they’re more likely for Primavera than this sadly, as Damon is a big fan of Primavera too I believe 

12 minutes ago, misterplow said:

I hope they play. Would be huge.

I was hoping that Madcool would have given out some names by now. However, if I get Wembley Blur tickets as I expect to tomorrow then I think I will skip Madcool. If they had stayed at the old site then I would have already booked flight and hotel and commited to it regardless of who gets booked.

I think it will have to be pretty special for me to go this year. As while waiting for them to announce the lineup, i ended up commiting to other July festivals Truck, Y Knot and and few other out door gigs gigs like Pulp & Batille.

1 minute ago, 49Lawson said:

Would mean at least 2 days on the bounce as they’re playing in France 06/07 and Wembley 08/07. Think they’re more likely for Primavera than this sadly, as Damon is a big fan of Primavera too I believe 

Very good points and probably right. Just thought Madcool might pay more but yeah looks unlikely.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:29 AM, charlierc said:

NOS Alive are making announcements next week according to a post in that thread. So if maybe not an announcement for this festival, we may at least get an indication of names that are in the area at the time.

Do we know the day??

2 hours ago, ThomasP said:

Is it naive of me to believe this Instagram build up is, actually, building up to an announcement or should I know from experience it’s likely to end in a Alt J concert promotion? 

Thankfully the alt j concert already took place last week but they can always hit two stories a week to say how cool it was.

• Upvote 1