Mad Cool 2023

edge235

Seems like most people agree  -  i felt bad typing it but now i feel vindicated LOL

Luckily i saw them at Portsmouth Guildhall after they released the first album  -  that was a proper gig!!

Certainly better than when i saw them at Mad Cool a few years ago. 

Edited by jonnytee1

5 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

Am I the only one who finds Arctic Monkeys more recent shows a complete borefest? I quite like the new music but the live shows to me are just boring.  

I actually told one of my friends recently she'd be better off going to see Antarctic Monkey at Leeds Academy instead of shelling out for an AM stadium show.

1 hour ago, jonnytee1 said:

Seems like most people agree  -  i felt bad typing it but now i feel vindicated LOL

Luckily i saw them at Portsmouth Guildhall after they released the first album  -  that was a proper gig!!

Certainly better than when i saw them at Mad Cool a few years ago. 

I was lucky enough to see them a lot around the debut, and got late tickets to the UK tour from 2018. They have become a completely different band but the show was fantastic (provided you can accept that the first album has been ditched for all but dance floor).

That being said, the crowd were loving the AM material, any song from TBHC people were heading off for the bars....I'm in the minority though, would happily see them again! 

On 10/24/2022 at 5:00 PM, moz4pm said:

I actually told one of my friends recently she'd be better off going to see Antarctic Monkey at Leeds Academy instead of shelling out for an AM stadium show.

In fairness I saw them at a club in Milton Keynes a few years ago and they are pretty good. I'm not normally arsed by tribute bands but they're a very decent proposition.

On 10/24/2022 at 6:35 PM, Sparticus said:

I was lucky enough to see them a lot around the debut, and got late tickets to the UK tour from 2018. They have become a completely different band but the show was fantastic (provided you can accept that the first album has been ditched for all but dance floor).

That being said, the crowd were loving the AM material, any song from TBHC people were heading off for the bars....I'm in the minority though, would happily see them again! 

The degree of change is quite something in fairness even on a more compressed timeframe. I first saw them in 2011 on the Suck it and See Tour and thought they were fantastic, then 2 years later on the AM Tour (exactly 9 years ago today, no less) it felt like a different experience even between those two tour cycles. Maybe the fact AM was such a huge success has kinda altered things.

Tbf I'm still curious to see them - I enjoyed their Mad Cool 2018 set, and like a few tracks on The Car. I'm just aware it'll be a different kinda feeling to those prior ones.

27 minutes ago, ThomasP said:

An odd one but I’d quite like to see the weekend. He’s got no summer plans as of yet. 

I believe he was planning on doing stadiums only this tour. There was a leak on the Belgium ticketmaster a few months back for a concert in Brussels early july 2023. The leak is gone now.

• Thanks 1

Arctic Monkeys will not headline Mad Cool.

"Bilbao BBK Live begins its particular roadtrip with the line-up that will make up the sixteenth edition of the festival; first stop is Arctic Monkeys and the long-awaited presentation of its recently released seventh studio album The Car, in addition to their well-known hits, and this being their only festival date in Spain next year."

Part of me wondering who Mad Cool have next year; thought for certain they were waiting for Taylor Swift’s dates but it appears she’s ruled out with her American tour.

Think they’ll have to start firming details up soon, even if it’s just the dates and the locations so people can start making plans. 

If we look at currently announced or rumored headliners across 2023 european festivals, Mad Cool is out of:
- Bruce Springsteen (two Spanish shows)
- Iron Maiden (three Spanish shows)
- Muse (played this year)
- Depeche Mode (Primavera Sound exclusive)
- P!nk (in Germany on assumed dates)
- Florence + the Machine (played this year)
- Arctic Monkeys (Bilbao BBK exclusive)
- Mötley Crüe / Def Leppard (Spanish stadium show in June)
- Robbie Williams (two Spanish shows)
- Metallica (played this year)
- Taylor Swift (in USA on assumed dates)
- RATM (probably out due to Zack's injury)

The remaining are Slipknot, QOTSA, The Chemical Brothers, Billy Joel, Blackpink, The Prodigy. I bet on first three of these being there, but to be honest don't have any other guesses.

17 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

If we look at currently announced or rumored headliners across 2023 european festivals, Mad Cool is out of:

The remaining are Slipknot, QOTSA, The Chemical Brothers, Billy Joel, Blackpink, The Prodigy. I bet on first three of these being there, but to be honest don't have any other guesses.

Maybe RHCP? Black Keys, Tame Impala, Green Day also could do a run of european festivals next year...

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

I still think RHCP could be doing the rounds next summer, ditto GNR as both have a few cancelled shows to make up for. There’s the unannounced Blur dates which are looking more likely which could include festivals, and I think there might be something in the AC/DC leaked Hellfest poster as all of the other bands on the poster have basically been confirmed elsewhere so there’s no real reason to be holding the announcement back unless it’s being embargoed by one major name. 

Of course this could all be miles away but if it ends up happening I think we could end up with a good looking line up (fingers crossed)

3 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Robbie Williams is playing 3 concerts in the Netherlands and still plays at Pinkpop festival. So 2 spanish shows doesn't rules him out i think.

Billy joel UK date is the only date he will do in UK/Europe.

On 11/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, 49Lawson said:

I still think RHCP could be doing the rounds next summer, ditto GNR as both have a few cancelled shows to make up for. There’s the unannounced Blur dates which are looking more likely which could include festivals, and I think there might be something in the AC/DC leaked Hellfest poster as all of the other bands on the poster have basically been confirmed elsewhere so there’s no real reason to be holding the announcement back unless it’s being embargoed by one major name. 

Of course this could all be miles away but if it ends up happening I think we could end up with a good looking line up (fingers crossed)

I believe the Blur dates are actually 2024.