ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

On 9/7/2022 at 9:03 PM, StoneCircle said:

I have a feeling they may change the other supporting documentation this year. I haven't heard anything to back this up but they can only accept so many people and that would be a way of reducing the numbers. 

Would be really surprised / disappointed if they did this! I heard last year had the most applications for accessibility stuff ever which makes sense following covid / increased disability awareness and everything, but Glasto are literally considered gold standard for accessibility (by the charity Attitude is Everything) and I imagine it would reflect badly if they lowered that standard. That being said I’m not aware of what exactly they need beyond PIP evidence. If people are able to get it with only GP letters or something I can see why it might need to be tightened. I guess given how the public health situ is looking this will need to be a consideration for all festivals in their attempts to be disability inclusive, because the reality is the disabled population is increasing especially amongst young people. As Neil says above though if they’re making you jump through lots of hoops I can’t imagine how much stricter they must get before the point of blocking people who really need the support? 

1 hour ago, moonhunter said:

lol indeed

Thank you! They should actually be able to refund the ticket directly if you contact the access team I believe, as said above, and turn that one into a PA one! My issue is I don’t actually know 100% who my PA will be yet so can’t buy for them yet. With the coach ticket thing, what happened last time was I emailed Seetickets, Glasto and the access team all literally a minute afterwards (probably while there were still seats on the coach!) asking for my PA’s seat as I didn’t see an option on the form. See were the first to respond quite quickly saying no, that’s not a thing as the coach has fully sold out. Access team initially said yes we can sort a seat for you but then later said that’s not actually the case, that the person who said that had their info wrong and we’ll need to travel separately. This wound up being a massive pain and I ended up really struggling with my stuff with nobody to help me, it was difficult for my PA to arrange alternative transport. We got there in the end but with a sense of it being really key that we avoid the same situation in future! So now I’m really unsure.

People booking coach tickets that want to bring kids - how does this work for you? 

Thanks for the tips. I think you can book child coach tickets as an option? Not sure though!

Don’t want to sound stupid but I’m planning well ahead and kinda want to have myself and friend covered.

Deposits. Are all tickets available on a deposit scheme? So would I just tell my mates to have enough on their banks for deposits. So should we have at least 1 bank account prepped for the full amount of 4 tickets?

hopefully that made sense 😂

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks for the tips. I think you can book child coach tickets as an option? Not sure though!

It offers you the chance to book for U13s, subject to availability, but that availability will reduce as the sale progresses and coaches/departure points start to get fuller.

Basically - I wouldn't rely on it, especially during the back half of the sale (and not at all in the resale).

1 hour ago, moonhunter said:

Would be really surprised / disappointed if they did this! I heard last year had the most applications for accessibility stuff ever which makes sense following covid / increased disability awareness and everything, but Glasto are literally considered gold standard for accessibility (by the charity Attitude is Everything) and I imagine it would reflect badly if they lowered that standard. That being said I’m not aware of what exactly they need beyond PIP evidence. If people are able to get it with only GP letters or something I can see why it might need to be tightened. I guess given how the public health situ is looking this will need to be a consideration for all festivals in their attempts to be disability inclusive, because the reality is the disabled population is increasing especially amongst young people. As Neil says above though if they’re making you jump through lots of hoops I can’t imagine how much stricter they must get before the point of blocking people who really need the support? 

I in no way have said I think they will lower the standards. It is allowing GP letters as the only evidence that I feel they might change. This is just my personal take on how I feel things may change in the future, not the view of the festival. I even saw threads where people were being advised how to get a GP's letter worded to get them into Spring Ground for temporary impairments. This saddens me as I struggled from 2011 up and down the Hill of Death to the Accessible East Campervan overspill until this year. I was receiving DLA/PIP but I didn't feel I was disabled enough to take a space in Spring Ground that someone with greater needs than me could have.

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

Don’t want to sound stupid but I’m planning well ahead and kinda want to have myself and friend covered.

Deposits. Are all tickets available on a deposit scheme? So would I just tell my mates to have enough on their banks for deposits. So should we have at least 1 bank account prepped for the full amount of 4 tickets?

hopefully that made sense 😂

On ticket day, you're only paying for a deposit, the price will be the same. You can't buy the the whole ticket on ticket day, just the deposit, rest is paid off within a window of time in April (was in March this year).

6 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I in no way have said I think they will lower the standards. It is allowing GP letters as the only evidence that I feel they might change. This is just my personal take on how I feel things may change in the future, not the view of the festival. I even saw threads where people were being advised how to get a GP's letter worded to get them into Spring Ground for temporary impairments. This saddens me as I struggled from 2011 up and down the Hill of Death to the Accessible East Campervan overspill until this year. I was receiving DLA/PIP but I didn't feel I was disabled enough to take a space in Spring Ground that someone with greater needs than me could have.

Ah I see what you mean, thanks for clarifying! I was really surprised to hear they accepted GP letters alone, also agree about the temporary impairments. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

On ticket day, you're only paying for a deposit, the price will be the same. You can't buy the the whole ticket on ticket day, just the deposit, rest is paid off within a window of time in April (was in March this year).

Well that's actually great!

Brilliant thank you very much!

Question re trying for coach tickets. If you get through for Wednesday but tickets to your preferred destinations are sold out - does it automatically let you click through to look at availability for the Thursday using the same session?  Or are you back to square one trying to get through to the Thursday page?

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

Ok. I guess we’ll agree to disagree on this one. 

rather than  bullshit and make it up, i'm agreeing with the fact of what you posted.

Proof of it’s existence. There’s more participants (approx 50 reality=34) than in the WhatsApp chat. Apologies if this pisses off any other groups, soz! 

2 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Question re trying for coach tickets. If you get through for Wednesday but tickets to your preferred destinations are sold out - does it automatically let you click through to look at availability for the Thursday using the same session?  Or are you back to square one trying to get through to the Thursday page?

No I think you need to go back a step to the Thursday page. But I think it's possible to go back to the page that has Wednesday and Thursday as options, rather than back to the grey screen of doom. In theory.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

From memory the coach screen has two buttons on it: Wednesday coach tickets and Thursday coach tickets. You select one and then select your destination. But its been a while...

You're exactly right.

Page 1 - Select a day

Page 2 - Input Reg Numbers

Page 3 - Select a Departure Point (and, for Bristol/London, a specific time)

Page 4 - Pay

Page 5 - Confirmation screen

The only thing I can't remember for certain is where extra coach tickets for Kids are added - it's either another option on Page 3, or there's another page between 3 and 4 to add review your selection/add extras (kids, water bottles, etc).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

if it helps ( it wont ) you share that anxiety with many others .... I wonder if there is any advice that will stop the Tday data input shakes .... ive had them badly the last few times 

I know it sounds ott, but I think the worry is how it can potentially ruin a shitty cold period of the year. I always rely on winter for a festival booking to have something big to look forward to next year.

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

I know it sounds ott, but I think the worry is how it can potentially ruin a shitty cold period of the year. I always rely on winter for a festival booking to have something big to look forward to next year.

Volunteering is brilliant aswell so you'll definitely be there one way or another. I would have stuck with my Oxfam place if it hadn't been for Paul McCartney. This year if iam unsuccessful I'll  go with Oxfam again as the current rumoured headlines are nothing special for me personally (I know it isn't just about the headlines but the benefits of going with Oxfam is really really good)

4 hours ago, incident said:

You're exactly right.

Page 1 - Select a day

Page 2 - Input Reg Numbers

Page 3 - Select a Departure Point (and, for Bristol/London, a specific time)

Page 4 - Pay

Page 5 - Confirmation screen

The only thing I can't remember for certain is where extra coach tickets for Kids are added - it's either another option on Page 3, or there's another page between 3 and 4 to add review your selection/add extras (kids, water bottles, etc).

What's the earliest coach from London? Any leaving Tuesday or do they all start Wednesday morning. 

11 minutes ago, Ozzyozwald said:

What's the earliest coach from London? Any leaving Tuesday or do they all start Wednesday morning. 

Don't know the exact time, but it's early hours. Somewhere in the 2am-6am range. Don't think anything goes Tuesday night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzyozwald said:

6am Wednesday - theres a good amount per time slot and every hour from then on throughout the day. Was so busy when i got mine at 8am

Edited by gfa

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Aren’t there some that leave Glasgow and Edinburgh late on Tuesday? 

Sure, but that's a different conversation as they're basically long distance sleeper services. Any service that left London on Tuesday night wouldn't happen, as it'd drop people at the coach station several hours before the gates open - something the festival tries to minimise.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales