ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im going to be changing my broadband I reckon although id best get a move on .... vodaphone hasn't been lucky for me ... I need to upgrade and get a cheaper deal anyway 

I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference a fast internet speed makes.

It's literally a case of pressing F5 at the right time, isn't it?

There's nothing more scientific about it (at least that's what I've always told myself!) 

Edited by JoeyT

Just now, JoeyT said:

I'm not entirely sure how much a fast internet speed makes.

It's literally a case of pressing F5 at the right time.

There's nothing more scientific about it (at least that's what I've always told myself!) 

decision based on the fact I no longer have lucky broadband 🙂 ..... I had a different provider when I last got tickets 

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My main tip is if you don't get lucky enough to bag a ticket, don't come on here saying how the system is unfair & spouting silly ideas like "a ballot would be the best way forward" 

If you do that, you're a helmet.

In a similar vein, changing your reg number/photo has no influence on if you will get a ticket or not.

Organised spreadsheet with pots of 6, with reg number and postcode (name in a 3rd column if it helps) no one crossing over into multiple pots.

Once your group has tickets then help others.

Make sure the £300 deposit (or whatever the total might be) is in one account or that each person has the ability to make such a transaction when they get through, we had one person in the resale get through and then realise their CC didn't have enough of a limit on it....a lot of panicked phone calls happened!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My main tip is if you don't get lucky enough to bag a ticket, don't come on here saying how the system is unfair & spouting silly ideas like "a ballot would be the best way forward" 

If you do that, you're a helmet.

Yep. I had to wait until the resale to get a ticket for this year and bearing in mind that was the longest wait for tickets ever I still never complained about the process. It's as fair as it can get for a massively oversubscribed event. 

I'll be honest you can try all the tips and tricks in the world and of course being organised and having helpers etc will weight the odds in your favour but I do believe that a fair amount of it is down to luck. 

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Is the expectation the main sale will be 2nd or 9th October? 

I've foolishly entered the Bournemouth Half Marathon on the 10th so really hoping its the 2nd...

Sorry out of luck it will be the 9th. The coach sale always takes place in October as well so you are looking at first Thursday of October. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Sorry out of luck it will be the 9th. The coach sale always takes place in October as well so you are looking at first Thursday of October. 

F**k. I was kind of expecting that would be the answer.

Looks like Mrs Chef won't be coming to watch then. 

Make sure you have everything you need around. Names, regs, payment card number that can be easily copied or autofilled. Or things you need a confirmation code for the payment (who knows maybe you have an old phone numer registered for that credit card you barely use, etc).

Go to the loo before. 

Set your mobile phone as a hot spot should your internet connection fail.

Make sure you have the right number to put first as a headbooker (if your not so admin BFF is the headbooker, you'll get frustrated)

Main thing is to be organised.

Get your groups ready, inc all details and payment sorted out beforehand. Spreadsheets are your friend. 

Also, F5 like a mother fucker, don’t come on here or check Whatspp until you get a ticket or the dreaded “sold out” page. 

Pretty crazy to think in a weeks time it will be the ticket sale next month!

I think the best tip is to diversify your setup, use safari on your phone - chrome on laptop and microsoft edge on PC for instance

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Don't give up. Terrible to say but one person's disaster (payment not going through, bottlegate, etc) may be your saviour.

Second this, I think I got through after a sold out message appeared. Someone's basket must have failed and I nabbed it last minute (soz to whoever that was).

29 minutes ago, Chef said:

Is the expectation the main sale will be 2nd or 9th October? 

I've foolishly entered the Bournemouth Half Marathon on the 10th so really hoping its the 2nd...

A few years ago I managed to secure tickets on a 3G phone in a Bournemouth hotel whilst Mrs J ran the half, so don't despair.

• Upvote 1

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales