Green Man 2023

March Hare

On 5/24/2023 at 1:07 PM, Festimadmum said:

Yes there are two campervan locations- small one for settlers- but the main one is over the bridge. Not sure if the trolleys are there- they are always by the main car park which is only a 10 min walk

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't realise there was another campervan field for non-settlers as we're always in settlers and I just thought they were all in there.

Not sure I've ever been that far over the bridge in that direction!

On 5/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, rrr said:

So just to check - we're still waiting on a fourth headliner?

Instagram/Twitter replies suggest a further line-up announcement is imminent...

Doesn't look like you are going to get that fourth headliner now, maybe someone bumped up in the lineup.

26 minutes ago, pothead pixie said:

Doesn't look like you are going to get that fourth headliner now, maybe someone bumped up in the lineup.

Remember they have to make another announcement anyway as there's still about 30 artists down on last year, and unlike 2019 when Yo La Tengo were moved up to headline at a late stage (it was announced in July with the day splits) they're actively mentioning that there's a headliner to come.

1 hour ago, benali said:

Osees won't be added. I asked their merch guy at Wide Awake and he said not this year. Gutted!

Also gutted.  They were one of my Green Man discoveries a few years ago.

On 5/16/2023 at 6:12 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Voted Joyeria for this, that would HONESTLY MAKE my Green Man experience hearing Here Comes Trouble live, HOLY DAMN! 😄😍

45 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

I heard a rumour The Smile are playing, any truth to this?

Nothing more than guesswork as far as I know, on the belief that as they have a month-long US tour starting in about three weeks' time and may well have been in the studio the announcement is being held up by an embargo, which isn't impossible (although as it's less than twelve weeks away they'd be cutting it fine) but it's more likely to be due to needing a replacement after a pull-out.

Self Esteem is clearly a "someone pulled out and maybe a couple of other choices didn't come through" booking but it makes sense, both for how much of a draw she is now and that apart from one Sheffield tent gig a couple of weeks later it tops and tails the Prioritise Pleasure era at the same place.

Bit of a weak second announcement but there's a few things of interest. Seems the Clashfinder is being updated as I type so I'll have to see how everything works out then. I notice they're not opening Mountain on Thursday after last year's first time.

52 minutes ago, benali said:

Friday is absolutely stacked. Clashes all over the place all day there.

Friday is nuts, so good! I'll be glad for a more laid back Saturday after that but clashes everywhere. I assume PVA and Daniel Avery will be at the same time?

Last Dinner Party on Rising?

I’d never heard of them until recently but their one Spotify song seems to have loads of listens and they are on Woodsies at Glasto (albeit first one). 

Edit, like the look of it overall but Young Fathers / First Aid Kit abit annoying. I’ll try and catch YF at glasto 

Edited by arteet