Green Man 2023

March Hare

Well done on this clashfinder, top work. Somehow the offering seems so much better laid out like this. Maybe i was a little hasty in my disappointment with the lineup, think i had just built myself up a bit too much with the possibility of certain artists playing (and a was fair few drinks in at the time). Whoever suggested clipping and crows these are both unbelievable. Anyone got any idea who the final headliner might be or wider addition suggestions? 

Everyone seems in agreement that spiritualised will be the Thursday headliner, when Devo are the legacy act. Spiritualised released a very well received album only last year… it could be as predicted but food for thought. 

slowdive headlined far out tent when they played back in 2017.

Any idea when the next announcement might come? 

A few days to reflect and look into the line up in more detail and there is more than enough to keep me entertained and build excitement towards.

Potential for some very special sets in there - Devo, Walkmen, Daniel Avery, Horace Andy, Squid - and a few favourites I can’t wait to see again (Melin Melyn I’m looking at you!)

Interesting lineup. Only First Aid Kit and Sudan Archives are in my Spotify library although I did enjoy the latest Young Fathers album so glad to see them on there.

A lot of acts that I've heard bits of pieces of and am looking forward to delving deeper into. Already enjoying my first listen of the playlist more than I enjoyed last years so it looks promising.

On 3/3/2023 at 10:57 AM, Cherrytree13 said:

slowdive headlined far out tent when they played back in 2017.

That was 2015 and before they released their self-titled album (I missed it as I watched SFA instead and regret it). Really hoping that they'll be on the Mountain Stage this time.

53 minutes ago, cweston24 said:

That was 2015 and before they released their self-titled album (I missed it as I watched SFA instead and regret it). Really hoping that they'll be on the Mountain Stage this time.

Eugh, time flies. I was also watching SFA. The weather was atrocious out there and I love Slowdive, so it was a weird decision on my part. Also regret it. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cherrytree13 said:

Eugh, time flies. I was also watching SFA. The weather was atrocious out there and I love Slowdive, so it was a weird decision on my part. Also regret it. 

Ditto on the decision and weather and wished I’d seen Slowdive. That was the year St Vincent headlined Sunday but lots of people had left due to rain. Shame as it was glorious after lunch! 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 7:10 PM, Mambonumberfive said:

Great job on the Clashfinder!

Was it clarified somewhere that Thursday was definitely Mountain Stage open as it was last year and that the line up yesterday included the GM rising?

see they have just announced “ look out for more acts plus final headliner”

No we've not yet got confirmation that the Mountain Stage will be open on Thursday.  Hopefully it will, as I thought that was a good addition. 

The initial line up will have included acts that will play on Rising, yes.  There will probably be more to come though, including the finalists of the GM Rising Competition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

No we've not yet got confirmation that the Mountain Stage will be open on Thursday.  Hopefully it will, as I thought that was a good addition. 

The initial line up will have included acts that will play on Rising, yes.  There will probably be more to come though, including the finalists of the GM Rising Competition. 

Thanks reassuring about GM rising.

So what’s the thinking on the type of band/genre for headliner ? My guess would be along the lines of Daughter, Father John Misty etc. Any British artists round that size that would fill the gap? 

A thought on day splits, if you look at the official Spotify playlist, the 3 headliners are at seemingly random spots on it with Devo being the first track. If the poster above is right and Devo are Friday does that mean the playlist has done the day splits for us? Sure it's easily bunked but something I noticed.

20 minutes ago, 1986 said:

A thought on day splits, if you look at the official Spotify playlist, the 3 headliners are at seemingly random spots on it with Devo being the first track. If the poster above is right and Devo are Friday does that mean the playlist has done the day splits for us? Sure it's easily bunked but something I noticed.

Only if they haven't announced anyone playing on Thursday (and I doubt Devo are on then because it'd be regarded as a prestige booking)

Protomartyr just announced new album and tour dates, got my hopes up when I seen they were in the country the week before for a few dates but looks like they're in Denmark and Norway for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Not sure I can see them making the trip over for the Sunday having already been in the UK the week before, plus they have a Cardiff date but not sure if that would have an impact. 

I see Baxter Dury is doing a tour again this year,  add him to the list of acts i am disappointed to be missing from the green man line up.

Others include Suede, Caroline Polachek, yeah yeah yeahs, big moon, big thief, John Grant,  Echo & the Bunnymen, she drew the gun and the Cribs. Still satisfied mind but... 😀