Green Man 2023

March Hare

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

In general though, I think this is a really poor lineup compared to some of the past runs, especially on the top end of the billing (First Aid Kit and Spiritualized, while a big fan of both, do not strike me as top billing material in 2023)

First Aid Kit just had a number three album. If they were playing they were always going to be stepping up to headliner level. Whether they should be the main headliner is another thing. I wonder if there is legitimacy in that rumour about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs pushing their European visit forwards at short notice.

Interesting that Buck Meek is in there about halfway down, I guessed Big Thief were coming off the road after their August US dates as they owe EOTR a headline slot but not him coming straight over on his own.

Pretty good. Gutted there's no Osees on the line up, hopefully they will be added.

Some great stuff lower down. Juni Habel is a sweet booking, and very pleased to see Deathcrash there again.

Looking forward to seeing Clipping.

Just now, diekatze said:

really, really good lineup!

is there an official channel to get your hands on second hand tickets?

Twickets is usually full of Greenman tickets closer to the time, there's no resale control though so unfortunately they tend to go for a bit more than the original price

I just don’t think that line up/headliners in any way justify the ticket price. But I am aware that Green Man is more about the vibes than the music. Just if you going for the music alone, I think you’d be very disappointed that there aren’t some bigger ‘names’. 

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I just don’t think that line up/headliners in any way justify the ticket price. But I am aware that Green Man is more about the vibes than the music. Just if you going for the music alone, I think you’d be very disappointed that there aren’t some bigger ‘names’. 

Or is it more about the music than the bigger names?!

im happy with this, slowdive, lankum, walkmen, les savy fav are all on my very must see lists. Spiritualised are a good headliner; they have an absolute classic album, a sound that will fly on the mountain stage and a sizeable catalogue. Boy genius have none of this . Also at least 5 other acts I’m excited for. 

Edited by Cherrytree13

9 minutes ago, thespiral said:

I believe Fanticks is the recommended reseller for GM this year.

I saw some listed there a couple weeks ago

I had to resell last year as we couldn't make it and Fanticks was complete rubbish.

Most people just used Twickets as the process for fanticks was far too slow, I'd keep an eye on both, but Twickets had more listed but they also sold really, really quick

Edited by BBC7BBCHEAVEN

Not sure if they've done it again since but I remember Spiritualized headlining at Green Man in 2008 and they were amazing on that stage. As they are one of the loudest bands anyway the sheer power resonating from that stage was incredible. 

So many great artists on that poster. Was waiting to see who would be there on the dance front and thrilled to see Daniel Avery's name. 

18 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Or is it more about the music than the bigger names?!

im happy with this, slowdive, lankum, walkmen, les savy fav are all on my very must see lists. Also at least another 5 or so I’m excited for.

Spiritualised are a good headliner; they have a sound that’s going to absolutely soar on the mountain stage, have an absolute classic album, and a sizeable discography. More fitting of a headline slot than boy genius in my book. 

33 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Personally very happy with the line-up! Hoping Young Fathers and The Walkmen don't clash as they're probably top of my to see list, but also loads of good stuff further down.

Roll on August.

Will they not both probably both be FO headliners? 

Not the best not the worst - they're really vibing the dance pioneers which I find a little dull to be honest but personal preference.

It's my first year for a while not going and this lineup doesn't make me devastated to be missing out but there's definitely enough good stuff for a very enjoyable weekend 

3 minutes ago, rug568 said:

Not the best not the worst - they're really vibing the dance pioneers which I find a little dull to be honest but personal preference.

It's my first year for a while not going and this lineup doesn't make me devastated to be missing out but there's definitely enough good stuff for a very enjoyable weekend 

Eh? Am i missing something? Doesnt seem to be that many dance acts at all

On 2/18/2023 at 4:02 PM, Enkidu said:

Got a mate from the area, moved away now but she still goes back to see her family sometimes. She's heard info from some locals, and I can't share it yet, but let's just say  GM are definitely punching above their weight this year! One of the headliners wouldn't look out of place headlining somewhere like the Other Stage, Primavera or All Points East....

I assume what you were told wasn’t what was announced? 

I think the line up looks alright and I’m excited to be going. I’m not fussed about the headliners though compared to the last couple of years but I think that’s a taste thing. 

24 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

Says on their Insta post a final headliner to be announced. Reckon  that’s far out or if they’re doing the Thursday Mountain stage again?

One of the three announced (probably Spiritualized from the three if any, before anyone starts that) might be the Thursday Mountain headliner for all we know, but if they say there's one headliner to come it's going to be a Mountain headliner. Yo La Tengo became headliner in 2019 having not been announced as such, but I think they were in the second set of names.

Edited by SweepingTheNation