Coldplay - Why the hate?

Alvoram

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If they were going to add more today they would have done during the initial ticket madness.

That’s not what happened last time. Last time they were drip fed in throughout the day. 

But alas, no joy this time, and sadly I do now ‘know’ that the agents “aren’t ‘currently’ aware of any extra dates.” 😞 

Edited by Alvoram

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Someone mentioned that to me there were 2 dates more to add for Cardiff but would have thought that would have happened today ? 

6 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Today isn't over yet... 🤞 But chances get slimmer as time goes on...

Anyway, surely it's Cardiff then over to IOW? 

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If they were going to add more today they would have done during the initial ticket madness.

I don't mind saying that the "someone" @crazyfool1 was referring to is me.

My mum is a steward at the Principality Stadium and sent me a screenshot of messages between her and her boss. He is normally pretty accurate with his info and was convinced they were adding 2 more dates so I think it was a serious consideration. I guess it might happen over the next few days but they may just wait and see how many of the remaining tickets they sell first. 

A quick search again it looks like there are no (sensibly priced) tickets left. 

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Discussed earlier in the thread but ticketmaster are still selling some of their "dynamic pricing" tickets but they've gone up even more...

TM.jpg

When you click through, they're all gone (or they were this afternoon) 

Only the scalped ones remain

I've not given up hope either, just from the wording I was given... 

Edited by Alvoram

5 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

When you click through, they're all gone (or they were this afternoon) 

Only the scalped ones remain

Had a look again and it's gotten even worse somehow...

But these aren't scalpers, it's just TM upping their official "dynamic" pricing.

TM.jpg

Edited by DareToDibble

19 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Had a look again and it's gotten even worse somehow...

But these aren't scalpers, it's just TM upping their official "dynamic" pricing.

TM.jpg

How do you know these aren't 3rd party tickets? They were definitely not available earlier... I clicked through on every single date. 

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I think the scalped tickets are showing as normal tickets, hence there being a 'range' for lots of them... 

455687158_Screenshot2022-08-26001924.png.c93f7ff166945f6210d01908eb22cfb9.png

Fair point.

I admit I don't know the full info on it but I've definitely seen resale/scalped tickets with an orange logo next to them on the left where the blue circle is. They normally show up differently.

The main concern that someone flagged in one of my chats the other day is if bots are now getting hold of the tickets on Twickets and then immediately putting them on viagogo and the like.

26 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Fair point.

I admit I don't know the full info on it but I've definitely seen resale/scalped tickets with an orange logo next to them on the left where the blue circle is. They normally show up differently.

The main concern that someone flagged in one of my chats the other day is if bots are now getting hold of the tickets on Twickets and then immediately putting them on viagogo and the like.

Well, tbf, either way, they're scalped and a rip off...

If it's TM doing it, then that's shocking, because it means they were held back earlier when I was checking until demand reached fever pitch!!! That should be illegal. 

I think there is a bit of confusion in the wider world about what this surge pricing is  (not on here - I mean the comments I've seen elsewhere) - I think a lot believe that ALL tickets are subject to this, but I'm pretty sure its only resale ones. Obviously it encourages people to use bots to get them if they can make that sort of money and MAYBE Ticketmaster hold a few back for it, but the original ticket prices are never subject to that as far as I know?

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It's only Ticketmaster that does it though, right?

I mean See were selling the exact same tickets at FV.

I noticed this when Arcade Fire's tour went on sale, as SeeTickets still had quite a few FV tix for London O2 at the time Ticketmaster was already deploying surge pricing.

25 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I noticed this when Arcade Fire's tour went on sale, as SeeTickets still had quite a few FV tix for London O2 at the time Ticketmaster was already deploying surge pricing.

I also think Tm take advantage of the casual concert goer in that they’re counting on these people not knowing about other ticket sites. For every 10 people who know about see and ticketline there’ll be one who doesn’t and stumps up stupid money for a ticket. I’ll confess I didn’t even think to try see yesterday and by the time I realised there was slim pickings left. Only got licks as I managed to get in just as they announced the 4th date in Manchester 

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the day I loved Parachutes, liked A Rush Of Blood To The Head, but disliked X&Y. Since then I've not fully followed Coldplay. But these last few days I've jumped into Ghost Stories, as I heard ages ago it was akin to Parachutes. It's really growing on me! Do Parachutes fans often like Ghost Stories?

Edited by Little Andy

52 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Back in the day I loved Parachutes, liked A Rush Of Blood To The Head, but disliked X&Y. Since then I've not fully followed Coldplay. But these last few days I've jumped into Ghost Stories, as I heard ages ago it was akin to Parachutes. It's really growing on me! Do Parachutes fans often like Ghost Stories?

I'm a Parachutes fan, and yes I like Ghost Stories. 

tbh I actually quite like the recent 'pop' albums too, but enjoy them in the context that they are written with an eye to playing them in stadia. They get slagged off for them, but when they do something less mainstream and experimental like Everyday Life, they get slagged off too, so in some quarters, they can't seem to win. If you like GS, I recommend EL for sure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Little Andy said:

Ghost Stories is excellent, I much prefer this to the hyper pop of the last album. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm a Parachutes fan, and yes I like Ghost Stories. 

tbh I actually quite like the recent 'pop' albums too, but enjoy them in the context that they are written with an eye to playing them in stadia. They get slagged off for them, but when they do something less mainstream and experimental like Everyday Life, they get slagged off too, so in some quarters, they can't seem to win. If you like GS, I recommend EL for sure.

Cheers. I hadn't even heard of that one! It appears to be a newer one.

In regards to the newer poppier songs, it turned out I knew quite a few when they headlined in 2016. Despite not playing Trouble for old-timers like me, I had a great time!

2 hours ago, Little Andy said:

I don't love Parachutes despite being a long time Coldplay fan, but I love Ghost Stories. Something of a middle ground between old and new Coldplay. True Love, Ink and Midnight are my favourites but I like it all. 

Midnight into Charlie Brown at Glastonbury 2016 with the wristbands lighting up is one of my favourite ever gig moments 

54 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I don't love Parachutes despite being a long time Coldplay fan, but I love Ghost Stories. Something of a middle ground between old and new Coldplay. True Love, Ink and Midnight are my favourites but I like it all. 

Midnight into Charlie Brown at Glastonbury 2016 with the wristbands lighting up is one of my favourite ever gig moments 

Midnight is a brilliant song, probably Coldplay’s best since Lovers In Japan. It’s a great mix of them trying something different, the style suiting them and it actually being good, which I don’t think is the case for a lot of stuff on the albums since then.

On 8/26/2022 at 12:58 AM, Alvoram said:

Well, tbf, either way, they're scalped and a rip off...

If it's TM doing it, then that's shocking, because it means they were held back earlier when I was checking until demand reached fever pitch!!! That should be illegal. 

I've found for other gigs that tickets sometimes go on and off sales and the only thing that's changed is the dynamic sale price. Arcade fire standing tickets did that all summer in London.  Literally every week or 2 it would switch from on or off sale. (Currently on sale so there were definitely plenty of tickets)

On 9/4/2022 at 7:08 PM, Little Andy said:

4 days later, and I officially love Ghost Stories now, even the 2 songs I had doubts over at first (True Love and A Sky Full Of Stars.)

But having said that, I also gave the latest Coldplay album a quick listen ... and my goodness I don't think that album's for me! Very very different to the Coldplay I like (unless it's gonna be a grower, but I don't think I'll find out).