Volunteering 2023

neil93

Just now, Greenelk said:

I'm trying to register, but keep getting "We're sorry there was an error processing your request, please check your details and try again or contact us at heretohelp@oxfam.org.uk or 0300 200 1300"

I'll try again tomorrow!

Just to confirm, are you on this page? https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Account/Register

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Just to confirm, are you on this page? https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Account/Register

I created an account, and then got taken to a page that said, applications are not yet open, please pre-register your interest here -https://www.oxfamapps.org.uk/festivals/register-interest/ which is where I'm getting the error

6 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

I created an account, and then got taken to a page that said, applications are not yet open, please pre-register your interest here -https://www.oxfamapps.org.uk/festivals/register-interest/ which is where I'm getting the error

Don't worry about it too much - that part of the process is just signing up to their E-Mail list, so that they can let you know when things are going to open.

Which is useful of course, but it's a fairly safe bet that the details will also be posted on this thread and their social media and probably other places so you should still get the info.

• Like 1

Question inspired by another thread, but i thought i'd bring it in here: what do you do with your car keys when you volunteer? I'd really love oxfam to have a kid of lockup system just like inside glastonbury, but it'd need manning etc 24hrs a day, and would primarily involve a flurry of activity monday and tuesday, and then naff all until sunday night and monday morning! 

but still - ive never heard of any thefts from tents in the oxfield, and i still feel a bit uneasy leaving my keys in my tent. And to wander into the lockups is a bit of a stroll, and theyd only be open from weds onwards. What do you do? 

47 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Question inspired by another thread, but i thought i'd bring it in here: what do you do with your car keys when you volunteer? I'd really love oxfam to have a kid of lockup system just like inside glastonbury, but it'd need manning etc 24hrs a day, and would primarily involve a flurry of activity monday and tuesday, and then naff all until sunday night and monday morning! 

but still - ive never heard of any thefts from tents in the oxfield, and i still feel a bit uneasy leaving my keys in my tent. And to wander into the lockups is a bit of a stroll, and theyd only be open from weds onwards. What do you do? 

As per the other thread, I lost mine! 😂

For other festivals I done this year after the Glasto nightmare, I took the spare key and left it in my friends car and they left their spare in mine! 

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

As per the other thread, I lost mine! 😂

For other festivals I done this year after the Glasto nightmare, I took the spare key and left it in my friends car and they left their spare in mine! 

i did chuckle at your tale 😄 your bro is a very decent sort, i bet he reminds you hourly 

57 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i did chuckle at your tale 😄 your bro is a very decent sort, i bet he reminds you hourly 

It's mentioned from time to time but he's saving it for a return favour of equal magnitude! 

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I've always used the lockups just like a normal punter. First thing first entry on the Wednesday (pretty sure they don't open 'till then)

Just have to remember to pick everything up before they close.

5 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I use the lock ups but am lucky that recycling crew camping is near to the lock up at top of pyramid field. Shove in car and house keys spare cash and card and back up phone.

• Upvote 1

I've never really thought about it. Just left them in the tent. Maybe I'm naive and too trusting? Just figure you'd have to be very unlucky for your car keys to get taken from your tent in a crew field. We've never discussed it but as far as I'm aware non of my friends do anything with their keys either. 

22 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I've never really thought about it. Just left them in the tent. Maybe I'm naive and too trusting? Just figure you'd have to be very unlucky for your car keys to get taken from your tent in a crew field. We've never discussed it but as far as I'm aware non of my friends do anything with their keys either. 

I'm always imagining a not so clever thief thinking "Hey car keys! Jackpot! " and then heading to the parking fields and... good luck!

On 12/5/2022 at 10:25 PM, Greenelk said:

I'm not shocked, but sad I won't get to be part of what the station will be doing next year - 

We’re really sorry to say you haven’t been selected for the Worthy FM crew for 2023.

We had a phenomenally high standard of entries this year, and the judges spent many hours carefully listening to, deliberating and discussing each applicant in turn. We genuinely thank you for the time and effort you put into your applications.

Please don’t let this put you off applying for Worthy FM in future years however. We had many great entries, and we’d love to hear from you again.

That’s a shame but there is different volunteer places which will be rolled out in the coming months  Just keep you eyes peeled on here

• Like 1

Here's the email from Oxfam

We are excited to share that festival stewarding applications will open mid morning on February 1st, 2023 and we'd love for you to join us!

If you'd like to volunteer with us, you can prepare for application day by making sure you have created a profile on our website and deciding which festivals you'd like to volunteer at. Spaces can fill quickly so being prepared is the best way to secure your place.

We will be sending another email before applications open as a reminder, posting updates on social media, so make sure you are following us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.

Edited by Skip997

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

I've had a go at pulling together all the organisations with volunteering places into a spreadsheet. 

Happy for others to give more info on options, but these are the 8 I've got the most info on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mp4ZMpJcffuwNSJBKKnEmfsdttyl0-kmpOHcPWVRD5E/

Re Oxfam, when I registered for Shambino (baby version of Shambala) in 2021, they required a reference.