Volunteering 2023

neil93

On 1/10/2023 at 8:54 PM, incident said:

I've worked alongside AIE before, and found them to be hugely engaged in and committed to their goal of making festivals accessible to all.

To that end, they do tend to actively recruit disabled people where possible but (at least when I saw them) not necessarily exclusively so.

Me and Wife worked with AIE last year for the first Time working at G, it is a really good mix of folk working, from people with access issues, to people without, as im sure you all know, the access camping is moving location this year, which will hopefully give more space for everyone, 

They do seem to take on board suggestions from the Staff, to try and make it better year on year. I loved working for them, and hoping to do so again this coming year

15 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Is it in the same place? Mind you I didnt even go to the SE corner last year apart from showing some newbies round durign the day.

Yes, same place as 2019. 

• Upvote 1

WATERAID

📢📢 You may have seen the exciting news…

2023 festival volunteer applications will OPEN on Tuesday 24 Jan!

We’re planning to head to ten wonderful events – from the intimate Smoked & Uncut, to the inimitable Glastonbury – between June and September. The festivals we’re hoping to attend are:

💧 Glastonbury festival, 20 – 26 June

💧 Smoked & Uncut – Lime Wood, 8 July (single day) or 7 - 9 July (full weekend)

💧 Camp Bestival – Dorset, 27 - 31 July

💧 Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza, 5 August (single day)

💧 Boomtown Fair, 9 – 14 August

💧 Smoked & Uncut – The Pig at Bridge Place, 12 August (single day) or 11 – 13 August (weekend)

💧 Green Man, 16 – 21 August

💧 Camp Bestival – Shropshire, 16 – 21 August

💧 Shambala, 23 – 28 August

💧 Pilton Party, September - TBC (single day)

Applications will be open from Tuesday 24 Jan – Tuesday 21 Feb, and are not first come first serve.

Head to our website for more info ➡ https://www.wateraid.org/uk/get-involved/volunteering/festival-volunteering

BCDEF0B6-6D4E-4686-BC9B-9E6C2258015F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Yes, same place as 2019. 

I may be misreading this, but that was a crew bar (the tube train and the tent with the disco ball next to it)? 

We found ourselves in there on the Sunday and had a fantastic time but definitely weren't crew or working the festival. 

4 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I may be misreading this, but that was a crew bar (the tube train and the tent with the disco ball next to it)? 

We found ourselves in there on the Sunday and had a fantastic time but definitely weren't crew or working the festival. 

Funnily enough, so did some of my friends who weren't crew.  I wonder if they opened it up to the public in the end?  It was definitely a crew bar though as the photos I posted were on the Monday before gates opened. 

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

Just had my recycling shift change info email. A shift on Thursday instead of Friday? <faints>

You go via a charity and do Pyramid don't you?

I know that there are changes with shifts for those that go direct like myself.  Looking at those there is a team that works Thursday as opposed to Friday that covers the Pyramid so would imagine you're maybe mirroring that.

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Funnily enough, so did some of my friends who weren't crew.  I wonder if they opened it up to the public in the end?  It was definitely a crew bar though as the photos I posted were on the Monday before gates opened. 

Haha well that's a great little ending to the story, post festival we were like "what on earth was that tube train stage? It was amazing!" but couldn't quite remember the exact details

Only at Glasto ❤️ 

12 minutes ago, dondo said:

You go via a charity and do Pyramid don't you?

I know that there are changes with shifts for those that go direct like myself.  Looking at those there is a team that works Thursday as opposed to Friday that covers the Pyramid so would imagine you're maybe mirroring that.

Yep charity. Interesting, am actually ok with that change, odd though it is. The only ropey sentence was ominously about 'more walking' what more than we have to already when we finish the Pyramid. Argh.

2 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Yep charity. Interesting, am actually ok with that change, odd though it is. The only ropey sentence was ominously about 'more walking' what more than we have to already when we finish the Pyramid. Argh.

Looking at the wording around that team that I have seen it looks like the lot of walking bit refers to the Thursday shift.

I'm not sure when I hear what I have got.  I've as always put the pre festival shifts as my 1st choice but know they are tricky to get.

7 minutes ago, dondo said:

Looking at the wording around that team that I have seen it looks like the lot of walking bit refers to the Thursday shift.

I'm not sure when I hear what I have got.  I've as always put the pre festival shifts as my 1st choice but know they are tricky to get.

Yeah typically the Friday shift is always LOTR amounts of walking anyway as the Pyramid is so clean. The sheer dread of the long walk up to the Park, 'Picking as you go'.

31 minutes ago, stuie said:

It was fully open to anyone during the festival, it just became a regular bar.

7 hours ago, stuie said:

WATERAID

📢📢 You may have seen the exciting news…

2023 festival volunteer applications will OPEN on Tuesday 24 Jan!

We’re planning to head to ten wonderful events – from the intimate Smoked & Uncut, to the inimitable Glastonbury – between June and September. The festivals we’re hoping to attend are:

💧 Glastonbury festival, 20 – 26 June

💧 Smoked & Uncut – Lime Wood, 8 July (single day) or 7 - 9 July (full weekend)

💧 Camp Bestival – Dorset, 27 - 31 July

💧 Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza, 5 August (single day)

💧 Boomtown Fair, 9 – 14 August

💧 Smoked & Uncut – The Pig at Bridge Place, 12 August (single day) or 11 – 13 August (weekend)

💧 Green Man, 16 – 21 August

💧 Camp Bestival – Shropshire, 16 – 21 August

💧 Shambala, 23 – 28 August

💧 Pilton Party, September - TBC (single day)

Applications will be open from Tuesday 24 Jan – Tuesday 21 Feb, and are not first come first serve.

Head to our website for more info ➡ https://www.wateraid.org/uk/get-involved/volunteering/festival-volunteering

BCDEF0B6-6D4E-4686-BC9B-9E6C2258015F.jpeg

does anyone know how much deposit is required from the lucky applicants?

35 minutes ago, zico martin said:

does anyone know how much deposit is required from the lucky applicants?

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It's likely to be the full ticket price.

Just looked it up, in 2022 it was £150 for Glastonbury. £50 if you've volunteered with Wateraid before. Adding that to the spreadsheet!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stuie said:

It was a crew only bar in 2019, but 2022 it was crew pre festival and public during the festival ... I think the only crew bar that was open to non crew - I think 

13 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

It was a crew only bar in 2019, but 2022 it was crew pre festival and public during the festival ... I think the only crew bar that was open to non crew - I think 

Maceos is effectively open to none crew, you can pick up their wristbands early in the week and give them to none crew mates. This may be the case with the Unfairground crew bar (can't recall what it was called this year), certainly used to be.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Maceos is effectively open to none crew, you can pick up their wristbands early in the week and give them to none crew mates. This may be the case with the Unfairground crew bar (can't recall what it was called this year), certainly used to be.

The Broke Britain. 

And you are indeed correct, I got some non crew friends in there with spare UFG bands. It’s not the best but we were at The Temple and it closed. 

For those of you who are of a religious nature! 

Well, here it is folks - The Church @ Glastonbury Festival 2023 Crew application form.

Applications will only be considered from those living in Somerset or a neighbouring county and you will also need a current Church Minister Reference.

The Church @ Glastonbury Festival will be open from Wednesday 21st June to Monday 26th June 2023 during the festival and we will need crew members to be available on-site from 5pm, Tuesday 20th June to 1pm, Monday 26th June 2023. Please make sure you are available for these dates before applying.

All crew members also need to attend the mandatory training sessions at 6.30pm on the evening of Friday 9th June and all day on Saturday 10th June 2023. Further information will be sent to successful crew members.

Thank you for taking the time to read the form and apply.

God bless

The Church @ Glastonbury Festival Committee

The Glastonbury Festival Sanctuary Church application form.pdf