Volunteering 2023

neil93

1 minute ago, Scrump said:

I've always wondered what/if sort of treasures you might find if you're on post fest clean up. Any stories to tell? 

I guess you get your pick of tents, shoes,...

Ok drugs, I'm talking about drugs. What drugs do you find. Tell me about the drugs😂

All of the ketamin!! Like, it's everywhere. Oh, and wee toiny spoons. Some remnants of pills were found, but were wet.

22 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Ok drugs, I'm talking about drugs. What drugs do you find. Tell me about the drugs😂

Only time I've done it, back in 1995 (i think) we found very few real drugs. What we did find were lots of fake drugs, e.g. lumps of candle wax or smashed quartz (crack), bags of herbs such as tyme (weed) and lots of fake LSD tabs.

Morning all.  What level of detail do we need to provide when applying for an Oxfam stewarding role please?  I'm assuming the standard full contact details and DOB, but is there anything else key at that stage?  Thanks

4 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Morning all.  What level of detail do we need to provide when applying for an Oxfam stewarding role please?  I'm assuming the standard full contact details and DOB, but is there anything else key at that stage?  Thanks

login details and payment info for the deposit, thats it for a couple of weeks until we can all log back in and complete the profiles etc 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Name and email address of a referee. 
Someone who knows you in a professional capacity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Actually that might be later, I can’t remember despite doing it lots of times 😂

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Thanks.  I have a work colleague that is also applying.  Assuming it would be better if we don't put each other down as referees?

17 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Thanks.  I have a work colleague that is also applying.  Assuming it would be better if we don't put each other down as referees?

I’m guessing but I’d be suprised if they picked this up, the system is fairly automated. I’d probably give someone else just in case though, particularly if you want to put down each other as shift partners.

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2023 at 10:22 AM, Curlygirl said:

I was post festival clear up and also didn't know of any bars open. Even Toms bar was closed as they had ran out of everything. 

However, after those backbreaking shifts, the last thing I wanted to do was party!! Plenty of tins can be found in the campsites if you run out of beer.

I received and submitted my application to work on Friday evening. I can't see a lot of change in the shifts. They've named them after colours, or After festival. And bunched areas together. Also Veterans don't get veterans shifts any more. 

They all seem to close Sunday evening. Licensing maybe.  Again bring your own 

Edited by marathonsteve

On 1/8/2023 at 10:22 AM, Curlygirl said:

I was post festival clear up and also didn't know of any bars open. Even Toms bar was closed as they had ran out of everything. 

However, after those backbreaking shifts, the last thing I wanted to do was party!! Plenty of tins can be found in the campsites if you run out of beer.

I received and submitted my application to work on Friday evening. I can't see a lot of change in the shifts. They've named them after colours, or After festival. And bunched areas together. Also Veterans don't get veterans shifts any more. 

Good luck lovely x

• Upvote 2

On 1/6/2023 at 9:48 PM, stuie said:

I believe they are open from the Thursday before festival week to the Thursday after but they vary. 

Maceos opening party was Wednesday 15 June last year, just looked back at the photos, and I think Tow and Hitch was Thursday , from memory 2019  they were a day or two earlier , but memory is a little hazy 🙂. I'm pretty sure they all close on the Sunday evening officially (or early Monday morning) 

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This is by far the most interesting and useful topic on here.

Most of the rest just go round in ever decreasing and increasingly boring circles.

Theres not much to update right now! 

Unless anyone has Volunteering options to add to the spread sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mp4ZMpJcffuwNSJBKKnEmfsdttyl0-kmpOHcPWVRD5E/

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Theres not much to update right now! 

Unless anyone has Volunteering options to add to the spread sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mp4ZMpJcffuwNSJBKKnEmfsdttyl0-kmpOHcPWVRD5E/

There's Green traffic and Green stewards, but they seem to be a fairly closed shop, and hard to break into.

For the sake of completion I'll mention Oasis Carnival Club - http://www.oasiscarnival.co.uk - but may not be worth listing as from what I know they'll have both very small numbers and relatively undesirable shifts (meaning well outside the fence). They also don't seem to issue wristbands until Thursday afternoon (fuck that).

22 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

There's Green traffic and Green stewards, but they seem to be a fairly closed shop, and hard to break into.

Is that the same as the Green Crafts? I remember applying for Green Crafts in 2020. You had to complete an  application form, get a passport photo and post it all off to them. I think it might have been an address in Ireland. They reviewed the applications and then got back to you. https://greencraftsvillage.com/events-1 

Just now, Jensescapade said:

Is that the same as the Green Crafts? I remember applying for Green Crafts in 2020. You had to complete an  application form, get a passport photo and post it all off to them. I think it might have been an address in Ireland. They reviewed the applications and then got back to you. https://greencraftsvillage.com/events-1 

TBH I'm unclear about the Green stewards. I've worked for Green traffic for many years and that was a word of mouth thing, no application form, but a photo is required for your laminate.

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Maceos opening party was Wednesday 15 June last year, just looked back at the photos, and I think Tow and Hitch was Thursday , from memory 2019  they were a day or two earlier , but memory is a little hazy 🙂. I'm pretty sure they all close on the Sunday evening officially (or early Monday morning) 

76A880AD-FF21-4107-BE48-3A573FF7117A.jpeg

C88CC14A-73CB-49A3-B8E8-A1CE1EF4CBB8.jpeg

8 minutes ago, savethatjek said:

Hey all. If I’m able to get through and make my payment for Oxfam on Feb 1st, does that guarantee I’ve got a place? Or do they pick out of the people that apply? Thanks

If you pay your deposit, you’ve got a place.

There may be some disaster that could prevent it, but I can’t think what it could be.

• Like 1