Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

There'll be loads popping up on resale nearer the time, wouldn't worry about it.

Well I will be fair and say that's what I'm expecting. Same with Arctic Monkeys given I missed out when on-sale but am confident that if they come on Twickets at a similar rate to The Killers, which got loads, it should work out.

But it's more idle curiosity than anything else.

16 hours ago, gfa said:

I don't think pulp will be to the same extent as killers but there will definitely be some about. if they aren't at glasto i'll be fighting for tickets alongside ya!

Oh I was referring to Arctic Monkeys' stadium shows having a lot of spares if similar to Killers, when my Twickets page last summer was full of second-handers to their show. On that front, I'm specifically looking at Middlesbrough as my cousin who lives there is also up for going.

But as for Pulp, I imagine a 45k+ venue like Finsbury (... I have no idea how many it actually holds) should have at one available I might be able to snag last minute. I was just wondering if they might be allowed more tix, given this can happen for big shows. But that's all for when its' actually announced. Plenty of time yet.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Sorry to ask something that has probably been discussed to death, but Pulp don't have a GSH, do they? Are they pretty much ruled out for the farm?

Ooh is that true? I've been assuming they would be there! I have tickets for London anyway, but I didn't realise they were ruled out for Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ooh is that true? I've been assuming they would be there! I have tickets for London anyway, but I didn't realise they were ruled out for Glastonbury.

I've no idea, I thought I remembered reading it and wanted to check I hadn't made shit up.  Looks like I might have to actually check myself rather than being lazy!

defo not ruled out

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

43 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Other than the headliners, Pulp are the act I'd be most surprised not to see on the first poster. They've got to be there, surely? And I don't think they'd go down the secret set route again.

Pyramid sub or nothing imo. 

Not at all confident that they’re gonna be there myself, especially with them headlining all the other gigs they’re doing, but then this is Glastonbury, and they’d be such a great booking so here’s hoping!

Jarvis plays in some capacity every year as he seems to like to visit the festival most years (thinking back to the years he dj’d stonebridge and last year with Jarv-is) 

i suspect he plays it as there arent really the right types or quantities of tickets available his friends and family unless he is on the lineup

i would be stunned if they arent there

9 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Jarvis plays in some capacity every year as he seems to like to visit the festival most years (thinking back to the years he dj’d stonebridge and last year with Jarv-is) 

i suspect he plays it as there arent really the right types or quantities of tickets available his friends and family unless he is on the lineup

i would be stunned if they arent there

I agree but the flip side of it is they were never going to book gigs in over Glasto as Jarvis is always there in some capacity, even if just a punter or doing something for the BBC. So the G-SH is pretty meaningless...

20 hours ago, charlierc said:

Oh I was referring to Arctic Monkeys' stadium shows having a lot of spares if similar to Killers, when my Twickets page last summer was full of second-handers to their show. On that front, I'm specifically looking at Middlesbrough as my cousin who lives there is also up for going.

But as for Pulp, I imagine a 45k+ venue like Finsbury (... I have no idea how many it actually holds) should have at one available I might be able to snag last minute. I was just wondering if they might be allowed more tix, given this can happen for big shows. But that's all for when its' actually announced. Plenty of time yet.

I just sold mine for Boro last week as i'm expecting to see them on the farm. Sorry!

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

I agree but the flip side of it is they were never going to book gigs in over Glasto as Jarvis is always there in some capacity, even if just a punter or doing something for the BBC. So the G-SH is pretty meaningless...

Except for the fact he loves the place, theyre touring and are available 😂

they will be there. Perfect pyramid sub or other headliner, job done for the festival on a big slot for an act who will cut them a deal as they’re raking it in everywhere else

would be madness for them to not to be there. 

Edited by Memory Man