Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

3 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Looks like Maroon 5 are skipping Belgium all together. Full tour announced (including festival dates) and no Werchter. Bullet dodged there.

Yeah it was the lack of Belgian date that made me think that, but as you say it wouldn’t make any sense to not have announced Werchter if they were there too

6 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Looks like Maroon 5 are skipping Belgium all together. Full tour announced (including festival dates) and no Werchter. Bullet dodged there.

Normally I don't care about the bands I won't see anyway, and especially not the ones playing at the main stage, but that probably would be a red line for me even. To think about that my money would partially go to keep that "band" alive would keep me up at night... 

18 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Florence, Chemical Brothers and more added to Bilbao BBK a week after RW. AM already announced. 

https://www.bilbaobbklive.com/en/

Just been having a look at the announced names there; would take Florence in the Barn if that were possible (a la Werchter Classic last year), The Blaze and it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if The Lathums were low down on the Sunday as they played all of AMs festival dates last year 

Might be jumping the gun a bit but I'd be more surpised if Blur weren't at RW than were after that announcement... 'first gig since 2015' for the Wembley show is already out the window and if they can play Beauregard, which doesn't look anywhere near the scale of RW (might even just be one stage?) I can't see why RW isn't realistic the week before, especially with TWC and TWB already having headliners.

Hopefully they announce all dates this week, I know the two years I've been Werchter have been partial to a Wednesday solo announcement... 😁

Edited by AAlex

18 hours ago, Newjem said:

…which he doesn’t use lol.

Its not an opinion, it's a fact. I was there. 

Playback does not necessarily mean Britney style lipsync, it means that he barely rapped a single word of swimming pools or loyalty, for example, mostly allowed the playback to play. "Lol".

Cool for Glasto reviews. I wish.

Edited by Ohad

17 hours ago, misterplow said:

Kendrick is on fire on his latest tour though. Can’t imagine it going down badly if the does the same set he did at Glasto.

Just checked his glasto setlist. Yeah, that definitely might work. It is NOT the same he does for his tour. More GKMC and TPAB, less nee album. Makes much more sense for a festival.

Edited by Ohad
  • Upvote 1

I'll risk a prediction here: Blur tickets for Wembley go on sale tomorrow at 10am (11am CET). Within a few hours most (if not all) of them will be gone and at 16:00 RW will announce them. Can also happen within the weekend or on Monday but in any case I'd expect it soon enough. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I cannot imagine RW missing out on this one too (after Depeche Mode).

Ps: Ideally I'd like to see them co-headlining Thursday leaving Friday open for one or two more headliner(s) (Foos or someone else).

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I'll risk a prediction here: Blur tickets for Wembley go on sale tomorrow at 10am (11am CET). Within a few hours most (if not all) of them will be gone and at 16:00 RW will announce them. Can also happen within the weekend or on Monday but in any case I'd expect it soon enough. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I cannot imagine RW missing out on this one too (after Depeche Mode).

Ps: Ideally I'd like to see them co-headlining Thursday leaving Friday open for one or two more headliner(s) (Foos or someone else).

If your prediction comes to pass I will most definitely buy tickets tomorrow! 

Last time they co-headlined with Kings of Leon so it really, really, really can happen;) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

If that french fest got to announce them, i can't see there being something stopping RW announcing them right away

The interesting thing is that Festival Beauregard stated (then deleted) that Blur have "only two festival shows in France".
Assuming that another one is either Garorock or Main Square and both will be held on the same dates (first weekend of July), their RW show is 95% nailed on.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

The interesting thing is that Festival Beauregard stated (then deleted) that Blur have "only two festival shows in France".
Assuming that another one is either Garorock or Main Square and both will be held on the same dates (first weekend of July), their RW show is 95% nailed on.

They might be available. However, I do think that the most important question is whether Blur is big enough in Belgium to headline. My gut feeling says no. 

It's anyhow a risky booking for Werchter. And we all know Werchter doesnt like to take risks (and the last risk they took with the strokes failed miserably). I think there are other festivals that weekend for who booking Blur is less of a risk (Roskilde, DTRH, Garorock and Opener).  

4 hours ago, EV123 said:

They might be available. However, I do think that the most important question is whether Blur is big enough in Belgium to headline. My gut feeling says no. 

It's anyhow a risky booking for Werchter. And we all know Werchter doesnt like to take risks (and the last risk they took with the strokes failed miserably). I think there are other festivals that weekend for who booking Blur is less of a risk (Roskilde, DTRH, Garorock and Opener).  

My gut feeling actually says they are big enough! They also headlined Werchter in 2013 and I think Damon Albarn has a good relationship with the organisers. Having said that they might headline Werchter Classic instead.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

My gut feeling actually says they are big enough! They also headlined Werchter in 2013 and I think Damon Albarn has a good relationship with the organisers. Having said that they might headline Werchter Classic instead.

In 2013 their day didn't sell out despite a coheadline structure with KoL. Their show also had the lowest attendancy of all headliners that weekend.

I could only see them play RW if they'd agree to not closing the day (ie coheadlining with Stromae). TW Classic is definitely off the table as Springsteen is headlining and the event is already sold out.

6 hours ago, EV123 said:

You are very very young right? 😬