What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Its after midnight here in NYC, so officially I leave TODAY. 

My bag is packed.  documents are printed.  refilled prescriptions. sent a fathers day gift to my dad in the post. 

the only things I have left to do 

- buy something in case of blisters on my feet at boots 

- buy a camping chair/stool somewhere in london 

- duty free whiskey 

- call the mobile phone company and switch on the international 

not long now!

• Like 3

Tested the set up of my 4 man f&b last night. Dead easy to erect, pack up. Well impressed. 

What I’m not impressed about is my mate’s 3 man I ordered from decathlon eBay on Monday. Still not been dispatched and no answer to my messages. Was supposed to be delivered today. Think a last minute dash to their nearest store in Telford may have to happen on Monday if it’s still not here. Wont be impressed if I have to do that. 

6 hours ago, Olshansky said:

My bag is packed.  documents are printed.  refilled prescriptions. sent a fathers day gift to my dad in the post. 

- duty free whiskey 

not long now!

Depends where you are staying in London but Wickes have a half decent camp chair for £12 at the moment.

Blacks also got one for £13 but it doesn't look quite as robust!

7 hours ago, Olshansky said:

- duty free whiskey 

not long now!

You might find supermarket pricing cheaper than duty free. Check tescos or anywhere selling booze near to where your buying your chair.

Just retrieved my last bits of camping stuff from my Mums barn. 

It's incredible the dust it's accumulated in a year, it's like it's been a prop on an Indian Jones movie.

Just washed all that down in the garden, got me stupidly excited. 

1 minute ago, sime said:

Cut my toenails. It's very important to look after your feet! (Especially with the annoying woodchip that is being put down again). 

Totally agree!! So much to be said for giving yourself a little foot rub every night before bed. Worth the time and care! Makes a world of difference to your party feet

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Totally agree!! So much to be said for giving yourself a little foot rub every night before bed. Worth the time and care! Makes a world of difference to your party feet

Those massagers that look like sex toys do an amazing job. I got one for under £20 on Amazon and it's great for after a long day on your feet. 

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Absolutely! I'll also be spending all of Thursday daytime up at Lost Horizons nudie area, which really helps too! Always really prepares me mentally and physically for the busy three days ahead.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:57 AM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Got the Tron buggy ready to hopefully avoid drunks falling into it

20230612_213916.jpg

I give no such guarantees.... 😉 

Spare trolley wheel has arrived in case of damage/puncture.  Haircut/beard trim done.  Starting to freeze stuff and pre-chill the cool box.

Taking the dog to Mrs 4am's Dad at the weekend as she goes on her jollies to the seaside when we go to Glasto.  Then washing/drying all the clothes I'm taking.

Packing the rucksack on Monday.

Pack the cool box and set off Tuesday evening.

IT'S SO CLOSE!!!! EEEEK!!!

Its my birthday today...

Man been round to try and fix the gas feed to the fridge in the caravan.. I need to go pick up a new valve tomorrow and he is going to fit it on Saturday.. (additional cold boxes at the ready in case of emergency) 🤞

On 6/14/2023 at 1:52 PM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Absolutely stuffed the freezer with all the bottles of water / milk / soft drinks / sangria...whatever will freeze to keep it cool as long as possible.

Also dumped some ice into the cooler boxes to begin 'charging' them. 

1936374302_2023-06-1412_44_57.1820100.thumb.jpg.31c8ec09512178dcbf4ccff5bd550199.jpg

Surely, this is not the fridge/freezer in your caravan?!

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Surely, this is not the fridge/freezer in your caravan?!

Nooooooo if only!! My caravan is basic so it's still good old fashioned cool boxes for us and we'll just put it on towards the end for milk/butter etc

Just freezing as much as possible before it goes in

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Nooooooo if only!! My caravan is basic so it's still good old fashioned cool boxes for us and we'll just put it on towards the end for milk/butter etc

Just freezing as much as possible before it goes in

Ah, was gonna say, that's a pretty impressive stockpile! Although, won't a lot of the cans and bottles pop if you freeze them?

Like this:

What Happens If You Leave Soda In Freezer? (BOOM)

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ah, was gonna say, that's a pretty impressive stockpile! Although, won't a lot of the cans and bottles pop if you freeze them?

Like this:

What Happens If You Leave Soda In Freezer? (BOOM)

Mine are all alright. Maybe, like squirrel said, the chilling them first helped?

Immensely relieved to at last have my CV fixed and MOT’d, collected it first thing this morning, already loaded up but before I head off Monday morning it’s Springsteen tomorrow at Villa Park.

Staying right by the festival on Monday, hope to be setting up camp close to the top of the Hill of Death!

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Immensely relieved to at last have my CV fixed and MOT’d, collected it first thing this morning, already loaded up but before I head off Monday morning it’s Springsteen tomorrow at Villa Park.

Staying right by the festival on Monday, hope to be setting up camp close to the top of the Hill of Death!

Put 2 of these down for my mates and I ... Thanks 👍🤣

il_794xN.2435200809_hrqo.jpg

• Upvote 1