Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

56 minutes ago, charlierc said:

If there's any North American readers of the thread.

Bet these are easier to land tickets for than the UK shows given the sheer volume of prospective attendees ticket sites got bombarded with. Though also guess the dynamic pricing bullshit will appear here as well.

Not totally. Its a mixed bag in venue size. The opening date will sell out in zero time. Keep in mind arenas in the u.s hold much less people for concerts. Maybe like 12,000 on average. Red rocks will be gone in 5 minutes. Also giving people lots of time to plan makes a difference. Theyre doing verified fan sale for this so it gives the illusion of demand. And those dates remove them from any festival in north america which is pretty surprising. No Coachella, Bonnaroo,Lollapalooza,  Austin City Limits, Outside Lands etc.

Edited by Suprefan

47 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Not totally. Its a mixed bag in venue size. The opening date will sell out in zero time. Keep in mind arenas in the u.s hold much less people for concerts. Maybe like 12,000 on average. Red rocks will be gone in 5 minutes. Also giving people lots of time to plan makes a difference. Theyre doing verified fan sale for this so it gives the illusion of demand. And those dates remove them from any festival in north america which is pretty surprising. No Coachella, Bonnaroo,Lollapalooza,  Austin City Limits, Outside Lands etc.

Yeah that's a fair one, given both the AM and TBHC tours had them playing a lot of American festivals.

Certainly does seem like quite a varied tour compared to the UK being all stadiums (or at least parks with stadium-aping capacity) and a rumour that the European mainland will be arena dates.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

US festivals refuse to book them as headliners. So I can see why they’ve ditched them all.

Well the interesting thing is that Acl and Lolla have so many slots that its easily doable to give them a spot, especially Lolla. They headlined ACL and lolla  in 2018 and were against Travis Scott. I wouldve guessed Lolla, Acl and Outside Lands for them on this run. But they settled for Life is Beautiful and Primavera LA. Boston Calling and Shakey Knees are really good mid size options for them, but its too close to the start of the uk dates so it mightve removed them as an option.

DF197F9B-E768-44DB-9773-576C225076DE.jpeg

876269EF-EEAE-4ECB-B90B-C0E2F87E9A30.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

38 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They just headlined a couple there and no reason they cant do many more next year before that tour

38 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The played Lollapalooza on the last tour and headlined Life Is Beautiful just last month...

Genuinely didn’t realise they’ve headlined Lolla and ACL. Don’t think they’ve headlined Bonaroo or Coachella. I definitely think they are big enough to headline Coachella or Bonaroo if Tame are, but yeah my point is that they aren’t considered a top tier festival headliner there like they are here.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Genuinely didn’t realise they’ve headlined Lolla and ACL. Don’t think they’ve headlined Bonaroo or Coachella. I definitely think they are big enough to headline Coachella or Bonaroo if Tame are, but yeah my point is that they aren’t considered a top tier festival headliner there like they are here.

Backlog on headliners, its tough out there. Tame got their shot because Justin Timberlake couldnt do it. And they were supposed to be there in 2020 as a headliner so they went a year early. AM hasnt done Coachella since 2012 and played 4th down on main stage with the sun still out. They can def do it, but timings bad. 

Just glad I saw em the other week for free.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think it depends what happens next year. If they'd done AM 2.0 they'd probs have headlined coachella too although i am no expert on their size over there.

20 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think it depends what happens next year. If they'd done AM 2.0 they'd probs have headlined coachella too although i am no expert on their size over there.

I think now that coach goes for three mega headliners every year (2019 aside) I don’t think they will do it now. The best time for them to do it in my opinion was the TBHC tour.

On 10/2/2022 at 6:59 AM, Matt42 said:

They are absolutely massive with my generation. There really isn’t another band bigger in the U.K for the 20 to mid 30’s region. They are the soundtrack of their adolescence. 

Yeah forever perplexed at how they’re viewing on here - they’re the only act of that size in their generation that isn’t pop/hip-hip. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Pretty mental the size of these headliners - i guess gambino and travis were smaller at the time but still. 3 huge acts there + them two

Imagine Paul McCartney, Metallica and Arctic Monkeys headlining the same festival in the UK.

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wallows and Billy Strings top line? Christ.

Remember the audience. For the fest and esp in texas theyll have large crowds. Billy Strings sold out his wholetour here. Wallows sold out their whole us tour and had a giant crowd at Lolla to boot. It works. The first line is deceiving anyway. Its firsr 2 headliners and then next 2 subs etc etc.