Primavera Sound Porto 2023

Tigane

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

They’ve got most of the things i want from the barcelona lineup for half the price!

its a contender

anyone been before have any tips on transport within the city & places to stay?

porto would be a new city for me so quite appealing as a little holiday too

Porto is a fantastic city, everyone I know who visits falls in love with it.

Bus and Metro system is great. Your main choice is whether to stay in Matosinhos, near the festival site, or nearer the city centre. I go for Matosinhos as I like being able to stroll back to the accommodation in the small hours, rather than having to get back into the city. Easy to pop in there during the day and explore. Matosinhos has lots to do in its own right too.

Edited by Suggestives
  • Like 1

Whilst I get we're living in tough times, I don't really care how great value for money the line up is, I just want a great line up! It could have been worse, but it's still a far cry from what was the heart of the festival, which is a shame. 

For those asking about Porto - it's a magnificent city and easy to get around. I usually do 6/7 days and split it into two hotels/Air BnB's - 3 days in the city and 3 days in Matosinhos. That might be a faff for some so I'd say go with Matosinhos and travel into city on non-festival days (walking back to your hotel 10 minutes away is a godsend on day 3 of 3am exits) 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

They’ve got most of the things i want from the barcelona lineup for half the price!

its a contender

Went in 2015 but I think nothing changed to much.

Stayed in a Ibis in the city and went to the fest by metro and returned with festival buses, very easy and fast. 

Porto is fantastic.

8 hours ago, Memory Man said:

its a contender

Dont try to stay close to the festival, the area isn't that interesting. It's easy to get a bus to the festival, and also easy to get a Uber back.

6 hours ago, Festiv Val said:

Whilst I get we're living in tough times, I don't really care how great value for money the line up is, I just want a great line up!

Exactly. Whether they can get one or two of the most expensive headliners around is not so relevant compared to how many smaller bands are of interest. I still think there is a disconnect between people who want Primavera to look like Mad Cool and mostly care about headliners, and people who want Primavera to look like Guess Who and ATP. By trying to do both, they are not pleasing too many people (although people said I was wrong on the Barcelona page -- and maybe I am).

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

Exactly. Whether they can get one or two of the most expensive headliners around is not so relevant compared to how many smaller bands are of interest. I still think there is a disconnect between people who want Primavera to look like Mad Cool and mostly care about headliners, and people who want Primavera to look like Guess Who and ATP. By trying to do both, they are not pleasing too many people (although people said I was wrong on the Barcelona page -- and maybe I am).

I agree. I think all festivals are moving more central to guarantee ticket sales. it's drawing in a crowd and pushing out another. Ive no issue at all with a festival being an 80k festival with popstars on the top line, but my preference would be a 30-50k gig with smaller acts. But there seems to be a lot more of the former now, and costs go up accordingly. 

There's nothing wrong with big pop shows, but there's also nothing wrong with an indie rock fest, a hip-hop fest or a metal fest. IMO... 

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, eivomracsy said:

first timer for primavera here. i read its possible to transfer tickets via the dice app. is there any possibility to look for second hand tickets on the app or elsewhere? thanks!

Yeah, have a look on there, I got my 2022 tickets by joining a waitlist for them via the Dice app. Sends you a text when one becomes available and you have a brief window to buy, so, keep money to one side

14 hours ago, eivomracsy said:

first timer for primavera here. i read its possible to transfer tickets via the dice app. is there any possibility to look for second hand tickets on the app or elsewhere? thanks!

if you reach any other person in a forum or elsewhere, exchange phone number, become friends on Dice app, then you can swap ticket (at same price...no overcharge or discount)

• 1 month later...