Primavera Sound Porto 2023

Tigane

comet was nice and atmospheric for the first half hour or so, but when it got torrential it was a bit much. 

still a great show, but we were too soaked for kendrick, and already seen him on this tour so ducked out for the last metro. anyone who stayed: how was it?

hope the super bock/vodaphone stages don’t turn into mudslides today…

I'm happy back to 3. Four was a tad too much imo.

It's still fantastic, but some of the worst parts of Barca creeping in like the price gouging. Was so many moody cab drivers outside, I spoke to a few people who got done over by them. And as I checked out today my airbnb guy said if he'd realised it was the festival earlier he'd have doubled the price, which I think was an odd thing to tell me

PS Porto Superb and somehow reignite my love again for Primavera after the overcrowed and (sometimes) uncomfortable PS Barca 2022. 

My Top 5:

1. My Morning Jacket (PS should give them more timeslot. 1 hour only performance is a crime for MMJ).

2. New Order (albeit the sound issue during True Faith, the performance and lightshow was mesmerizing)

3. St. Vincent; probably the most talented artist right now. Good lord, A+ performance.

4. Le Tigre ( Love the karaoke thing on the screen and Kathleen Hanna is a true riot punk queen).

5. Blur (Timeless sound).

Mars Volta, Maggie Rogers and Allvays also delivered superb performance.

2 hours ago, Bram said:

3. St. Vincent; probably the most talented artist right now. Good lord, A+ performance.

4. Le Tigre ( Love the karaoke thing on the screen and Kathleen Hanna is a true riot punk queen).

St. Vincent into Le Tigre into Darkside were my best time at PS Porto 2023!

Had a blast .. as ever. Love how the site had been opened out to remove previous bottlenecks. I did miss the old location of the 'Plenitude' stage but new spot not too bad.

The Friday-Sunday for next year was a surprise .. especially as I'd taken a punt on booking my hotel for the expected Thur-Sat.

Has anyone left luggage in the cloakroom and gone straight from the festival to the airport on the last day? Having had a number of problems with later flights I'm thinking an early morning one might be worth a try.

Had a great time after four Barcelona editions - loved the space and fairly light crowds, as well as ample seating space on three stages. Rosalia was the only act that felt really packed. Good layout with the stages and no soundbleed issues, though never experienced the old stages. Weather was a little rough first two days, but mostly light showers and Kendrick was the only act I missed because of it.

The cheap Ubers were a huge plus when compared to Barcelona - only E8-12 back to Casa de Musica, never had to wait more than five minutes leaving at 2-3am each night.

Would definitely come back if they don't jack up hotel/ticket/flight prices...!

And in response to @Suggestives - one of my group did the opposite and came from the airport to the festival, leaving a bag in the cloakroom and had no issues.

• 3 months later...

Changing the dates after people will have booked flights and accommodation is a bit naughty!

At least I now don't have to find out whether I still have the stamina to pull an all-nighter at my age 😄

Have booked an extra night for Sunday at a hotel near the airport ready for the 6:40 flight on Monday morning.