LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Singer got his c*ck out on the Park Stage a few years back and was just shaking it around.

I do quite like their music though.

Pink Eye who fronts Holy f**k sang a full song with his c*ck and balls out in the John Peel in 2010. No drama at all about that.

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

Mount Kimbie is a great booking, Park will be going off 

See you there mate, Love What Survives is one of the best albums of the 2010s. Bringing out King Krule and James Blake for it is gonna be special af.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I’d heard a similar apocryphal story to this, that they’d had a guitarist and a more generic indie sound to start with. Only when he left and they put the piano/keys front and centre did they gain any traction in the industry and then got the record deal.

Yeah, he went back to college to do a masters or something (dunno, my other half knows the details better than I do!). Still involved in music though as far as I know, but obviously not with the same level of success Keane subsequently had. 

3 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Pink Eye who fronts Holy f**k sang a full song with his c*ck and balls out in the John Peel in 2010. No drama at all about that.

No drama about this either, just saying it happened.

I would have thought I'd have been there to see Holy f**k in 2010, but the memory is hazy.

7 hours ago, crumbler said:

Each to their own but to me Mount Kimbie getting a prominent Park slot in 2024 is further proof there needs to be a severe shake up within the booking team. It's giving "hasn't listened to any new music since 2011". 

Come on seriously!

This is the most wide of the mark line up criticism I have seen yet 

Here is a list of 30 names from the first poster who did not exist in 2011. 

Dua Lipa, Little Simz, Blondshell, NewDad, Last Dinner Party, Olivia Dean, Seventeen, Ayra Star, Anne Marie, Nothing But Theives, Confidence Man, Jungle, Heilung, Nia Archives, Black Pumas, Jordan Rakei, Masego, Squid, Arlo Parks, Remi Wolf, Yard Act, Kneecap, High Vis, Kenya Grace, Soccer Mommy, Eliza Rose, Fontains DC, Declan McKenna, Barry Can't Swim, Bar Italia.

And yes I did take that 2011 comment too seriously. 🙂

Edited by Ben7amin_
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Come on seriously!

This is the most wide of the mark line up criticism I have seen yet 

Here is a list of 30 names from the first poster who did not exist in 2011. 

Dua Lipa, Little Simz, Blondshell, NewDad, Last Dinner Party, Olivia Dean, Seventeen, Ayra Star, Anne Marie, Nothing But Theives, Confidence Man, Jungle, Heilung, Nia Archives, Black Pumas, Jordan Rakei, Masego, Squid, Arlo Parks, Remi Wolf, Yard Act, Kneecap, High Vis, Kenya Grace, Soccer Mommy, Eliza Rose, Fontains DC, Declan McKenna, Barry Can't Swim, Bar Italia.

And yes I did take that 2011 comment too seriously. 🙂

Not too seriously. I'm pretty sure Eliza Rose existed in 2011 😅 but I know what you mean.

17 hours ago, Drinky said:

?

image.thumb.jpeg.e6ebcb2f4fc320eca91d4058e0d3f2a9.jpeg

Hmm! It felt very very empty at the time. Obviously numbers way off but it felt very empty when walking through

In fact you can see from your picture how sparse it was when you zoom in. What i mean is that they need to be putting something at 3pm on the saturday on the pyramid that ideally draws more than 4-5k people out of 200k. 

Edited by Memory Man

7 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Hmm! It felt very very empty at the time. Obviously numbers way off but it felt very empty when walking through

In fact you can see from your picture how sparse it was when you zoom in. What i mean is that they need to be putting something at 3pm on the saturday on the pyramid that ideally draws more than 4-5k people out of 200k. 

Yeah, definitely a lot of people stretching out there.

Sorry if it’s been mentioned already but just doing a bit of reading on previous glasto lineups and just looking at 2016. The last time Coldplay headlined and there seems to be quite a few names coming back. James also played the other stage opener then. Fully expect them to be announced in the same slot this year. Personally disappointing for me as I’d much rather some indie bangers 

IMG_8146.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ncahir94 said:

Sorry if it’s been mentioned already but just doing a bit of reading on previous glasto lineups and just looking at 2016. The last time Coldplay headlined and there seems to be quite a few names coming back. James also played the other stage opener then. Fully expect them to be announced in the same slot this year. Personally disappointing for me as I’d much rather some indie bangers 

IMG_8146.png

Some of the more memorable acts I saw that year from that postee where Santigold, Skepta, Floatimg Points, ZZ Top & LCD soundsystem 

Edited by Ben7amin_

On 3/27/2024 at 7:31 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Glad he didn't do that for their set in The Queen's Head, I was front row. 

On 3/27/2024 at 5:03 PM, Toilet Duck said:

My Keane story is that the guitarist Dominic went to college with my wife (well, think he was doing engineering or something, but he was in Trinity Singers with her). Eventually he got fed up going back and forth between Ireland and England to rehearse. Felt the band weren’t going anywhere, so he quit. They wrote Everybody’s Changing about the whole episode and well, sure the rest is history!

And my Keane story is that I was friends with and in a very short lived band with their current guitarist Jesse in Bristol in 2000- 2001. He is a really nice guy and massively talented musician.  I know after I moved away from Bristol he was a session and touring musician for loads of bands before joining Keane full time.  But yeah,  they've had a guitarist for ages. But it is always a reminder to me that just because you don't dig a band's music doesn't mean the people in it aren't nice people (or massively talented).

• Like 1

2016 was a poor line-up. Little to excite me on the first poster, though a few with a curiosity factor.

Then when the time came out, the few on my list all seemed to clash with each other.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

2016 was a poor line-up. Little to excite me on the first poster, though a few with a curiosity factor.

Then when the time came out, the few on my list all seemed to clash with each other.

I would say that was my initial thought on release too. I had about 14/15 acts of interest but 10 of which were significant. Compare to this year, I've got about 14 I'd currently watch and not want to miss.

44 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surely the Easter bunny is going to deliver us a poster in the next few days once the balance window is thrown open? 

I reckon the week after the window closes, on Thursday 11th at 10am we will get the next one and I am going for Avalon.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I reckon the week after the window closes, on Thursday 11th at 10am we will get the next one and I am going for Avalon.

Pretty good shout, I think.

I recon if West Holts gets a poster then it will be next as the line up is basically all known. 

However I also think there is a possibility that has it's all known they might just forget the poster and wait for the stage times. 

So next or never is what I'm saying lol

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yes, the Avalon is one that many look forward to seeing. Always a few nice surprises there. I’m hoping for Frank Turner, late evening.