LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

58 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Overmono album was one of my favourites from last year. Was really hoping to see them booked.

They played last year didn’t they?

Actually was that 2022?

8 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

I caught the last bit of the set in Sonic in 2022 after the Jamie T gig in the JPT, was quality, wish I'd been able to catch all of it, would be great if they are there this year! fingers crossed.

Really want tO see their live show. Was hoping they’d be on the first poster. Don’t know where that fits in now 

• Like 1

So according to the thingy, after West Holts (which could/should have been now-ish?) then it could be another two weeks until the next stage posters drop (and Avalon is often amongst the first)?   https://theglastothingy.com/whendoes/

Incidentally, a lazy search for the above url revealed a film (one of those low budget jobs with multiple titles including one with that word) and by crikey the synopsis is beyond anything I've seen before and I spent late teens watching Troma or John Waters films 🤯

23 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

yeah was one of my favourite electronic albums of last year and was surprised they weren't there in 23.  I think they played in 22 but I didn't see them then.

22 hours ago, nikkic said:

They played last year didn’t they?

Actually was that 2022?

Twice in 2022 - IICON and Sonic.

Absent in 2023.

2024? IICON and The Levels? Arcadia 4.0? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Twice in 2022 - IICON and Sonic.

Absent in 2023.

2024? IICON and The Levels? Arcadia 4.0? 

You’re right. The years all blend into one!

I was at the IICON set and it wasn’t quite for me. 

Saw them at their Boiler Room set however, and it was incredible. 

I’ll start by saying I’m happy with the lineup but can’t help but feel like we still have a sub headliner to announce and maybe possibly even an other stage headliner. Have absolutely nothing to go off for the other stage headline but don’t think idles will be headlining. The Friday pyramid however seems possible by the way they’ve worded on the website. 

IMG_8120.png

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

I’ll start by saying I’m happy with the lineup but can’t help but feel like we still have a sub headliner to announce and maybe possibly even an other stage headliner. Have absolutely nothing to go off for the other stage headline but don’t think idles will be headlining. The Friday pyramid however seems possible by the way they’ve worded on the website. 

IMG_8120.png

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/mar/14/2024-glastonbury-festival-lineup-dua-lipa-coldplay-sza-shania-twain Idles definitely are the Guardian are not going to be wrong with their festival links:

"On the second-biggest Other stage, Idles follow the chart-topping success of recent album Tangk with a headline slot, joined by Disclosure and the National."

14 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

IMG_8120.png

You are right the wording is interesting, they make it clear that Little Simz is immediately before Coldplay, does that mean the others aren’t in the Sub position ? Curious. Good spot Ncahir94

Edited by Mr Boo

2 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

You are right the wording is interesting, they make it clear that Little Simz is immediately before Coldplay, does that mean the others aren’t in the Sub position ? Curious. Good spot mr 94

They already clarified on the day that Janelle was playing 3rd and Burna Boy isn't going to be 4th because Shania Twain is. People need to accept however rubbish it us, the Pyramid top 3 at least are in place with Shania 4th Sunday. There are 4 spots available and 1 of those will probably be some gospel quire.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

They already clarified on the day that Janelle was playing 3rd and Burna Boy isn't going to be 4th because Shania Twain is. People need to accept however rubbish it us, the Pyramid top 3 at least are in place with Shania 4th Sunday. There are 4 spots available and 1 of those will probably be some gospel quire.

Yeah I think we have all our subs and other headliners this year, I think there's only been 2 years in the past where the poster's been missing one of those - Tame Impala in 2016 and Queens of the stone age last year. There's more acts on this year's poster than there were for those years too which makes it even less likely.

As i've said before, it looks like we're missing a couple of mid to high acts on the Other stage (4th/5th down), but none on the Pyramid other than a few early in the day.

Edited by Acid_Haze

4 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Love a good gospel choir or colliery band on the Pyramid.

Tbf one of the best vibes I had from a weekend at Truck Festival was when they had an orchestra first thing on Saturday morning playing movie scores. So they could do a lot worse than that, or at least a gospel choir doing similar stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Tbf one of the best vibes I had from a weekend at Truck Festival was when they had an orchestra first thing on Saturday morning playing movie scores. So they could do a lot worse than that, or at least a gospel choir doing similar stuff.

Just stick Pete Tong on with his orchestra early doors and we can all have a rave up with a bacon butty. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah I think we have all our subs and other headliners this year, I think there's only been 2 years in the past where the poster's been missing one of those - Tame Impala in 2016 and Queens of the stone age last year. There's more acts on this year's poster than there were for those years too which makes it even less likely.

As i've said before, it looks like we're missing a couple of mid to high acts on the Other stage (4th/5th down), but none on the Pyramid other than a few early in the day.

Pretty sure foals headlining the other in 2022 came with set times