LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

If the line up is as expected then I don't think we'll get anything until Stevie's other show/s are announced so I think we are quite a way off yet. In the meantime keep cracking on with the fake posters they give us all something to talk about.

22 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If the line up is as expected then I don't think we'll get anything until Stevie's other show/s are announced so I think we are quite a way off yet. In the meantime keep cracking on with the fake posters they give us all something to talk about.

Have they not got to give the ticket holders a suitable amount of time from providing the line up until the balances have to be paid off? Obviously I'd still pay up even if the headliners were all circus field acts. But there's surely a good number of casuals who want time to decide when the line up is out?

3 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Have they not got to give the ticket holders a suitable amount of time from providing the line up until the balances have to be paid off? Obviously I'd still pay up even if the headliners were all circus field acts. But there's surely a good number of casuals who want time to decide when the line up is out?

For the last 5 festivals the poster has been dropped before the balance is due so it's probably safe to assume this will be the case this time around as well.

4 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

They've not given the first poster until halfway through balance payment week before though. We're also still over a month away from balance payment week so there is plenty of time for it to drop still.

My prediction for what it's worth based on zero insight and probably to stop me getting too excited before then is that we won't get the first poster until end of March. I will happily be wrong. I love making my playlists and discovering new artists so the sooner the better for me but I just think the evidence at this stage points to them being nowhere near in a position to name the headliners.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

For the last 5 festivals the poster has been dropped before the balance is due so it's probably safe to assume this will be the case this time around as well.

But could be a day before rather than a month before.

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

the evidence at this stage points to them being nowhere near in a position to name the headliners.

Do we actually have sufficient evidence of anything though? it's all fairly well argued theories but we've had radio silence from GFL so there's nothing official to base anything on. I guess we've had the occasional rumour from people on the inside as well as blocked out dates...

18 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Can DL not do Sunday? 

No idea - but the info for her apparently is specifically that she is doing Saturday, having originally being pencilled in for Friday.

1 minute ago, discgoesmic said:

Do we actually have sufficient evidence of anything though? it's all fairly well argued theories but we've had radio silence from GFL so there's nothing official to base anything on. I guess we've had the occasional rumour from people on the inside as well as blocked out dates...

Have we ever been utterly shocked by a headliner announcement before either? I can't ever recall a genuinely out of leftfield headliner that hadn't even been discussed.

26 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Depends what a "suitable amount of time" is. Last year was the longest time ever between the first poster dropping and the balance window opening, so I wouldn't yet consider it normal practice.

Historically speaking - 2023 was 3 and a half weeks. 2019 was 2 weeks. Aside from that, the longest lead time was 3 days and more often than not the lineup hasn't come until after the balance window opened.

(2020 would have been 2 and a half weeks, though not sure we can read anything into that as I believe they pushed the poster out earlier than intended because of the circumstances).

3 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Can you imagine the Daily Mail reader reaction?

Screaming raging crying. Definitely comments like Talent over Gender!!!! (That weird assumption that it would be untalenred perforners that comes from god knows where). If the word woke is not mentioned 7 or 8 times I'd be amazed. They definitely say the festival was finished. People who have not listened to any music since 1992 will be saying its lost it's way. Full on grown up men having tantrums in the comment section  of clickbait facebook articles.. .  

So what I'm saying is 

I'm up for that. 

Sounds good 😉

Pretty sure this all happens here too 👀

• Upvote 1

theory one

announce on international women's day , all female headlined festival

Dua Lipa

Spice Girls   (Girl power)

Stevie Nicks

Theory Two

announce on February 29th just to give the Thingy something to add to his list 

31 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Have we ever been utterly shocked by a headliner announcement before either? I can't ever recall a genuinely out of leftfield headliner that hadn't even been discussed.

That's a good point, GFL are getting to some predictability now. All we can do is enjoy the journey!

15 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

That's a good point, GFL are getting to some predictability now. All we can do is enjoy the journey!

we are never really shocked because every option gets examined in depth and  the pool of possibles  is limited 

15 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I feel like the context of having no headliners AND no poster is important though @Gnomicide - in 2015 the Kanye and Arcade Fire news was out before the balance deadline I’m sure

It's like they were trying to put people off.