LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

20 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I don't know if this is the right place to discuss who we'd like to see this year - I've lost track a bit. 

I know he has been mentioned and can't remember if he's ruled out but I'm just watching random YouTube videos (home alone with a bottle of wine!) and Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush Don't Give Up has come on. Bloody wonderful.   I know Kate won't ever appear but I'd definitely love Peter Gabriel to be there.

@Superscallyhe was the first one I went to see not knowing him particularly well but fell in love with.  Age 14/15 at Hammy Pally.  My first gig. 

Would be fantastic, his live shows are incredible! Finished a tour a few months ago, so I’d say it’s not too likely, but I’d definitely be there if he plays!

Just now, Gnomicide said:

As we've reached 11th Feb, when Beyoncé was the first announcement for 2011, unless something comes out today, it is now the longest we have gone without any acts being announced since 2007.

Let’s hope that’s the only similarity to 2007

31 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

As we've reached 11th Feb, when Beyoncé was the first announcement for 2011, unless something comes out today, it is now the longest we have gone without any acts being announced since 2007.

I was just thinking that. Very few self confirms as well. Reckon many of the artists themselves have tickets to sell. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Let’s hope that’s the only similarity to 2007

Yes people have also been pointing out similarities to 2016. These are not 2 years that I am keen to see referenced. 

On 2/10/2024 at 12:43 PM, Quark said:

Opted for a year out. Unless the poster drop ticks an unprecedented number of boxes or a reformed REM come straight outta left field, it's a no from me.

Still lighter than my rucksack 😁

The reformed REM could happen!! 

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Bloody hell this is probably going to be later then normal this year too isn’t it with the loss of Rabbit Hole.

guess it depends how its replaced , they might go for something similar and the fact we know its not there officially quite early ,might mean they aren't too bothered about hiding its replacement either ( presuming there is one ) 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just need to mark a spot in the map and put TBC on it. Piece of piss.

They should release a lineup poster and just have TBC all over it in place of act names. Our heads would explode.

Edited by DareToDibble

I’ve got a good feeling about this week.   I’m not going to spend it standing by my bed but we’ll be entering the second half of February and it’s really quite unusual to have nothing by now. 

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

The reformed REM could happen!! 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's by no means likely, but the members all seemingly still get on - so on that basis they're more likely to join up for one last mega-tour than the likes of, say, Talking Heads, The Jam or The Smiths.

Saw something on Twitter about this today. Think it was summed up quite well as "we'd all love to see REM reform, but at the same time it would take away a little bit of what we love about them".

They've been so adamant about not doing it and being collectively happy with how they signed off that, as much as I'd be in line to see them, I genuinely hope they don't. It'd be nice to see them stick to their guns.

Personally I don't think it'll ever happen. You might get a one-off song at some kind of big charity event or something like that, but I don't see them doing any new music or a reunion tour for the dollar.

Plus I've just started Tony Fletcher's biography of them that goes right from the beginning to the separation, and I don't want to have to buy an updated edition.

3 hours ago, fullfathom5 said:

No chance!

Yes I wasn’t being entirely serious but as  CalGon says it’s not impossible for maybe a one off for something that meant a lot to them. They don’t hate each other or anything like that. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's by no means likely, but the members all seemingly still get on - so on that basis they're more likely to join up for one last mega-tour than the likes of, say, Talking Heads, The Jam or The Smiths.

Yes I can’t see a cash in reunion tour although stranger things have happened. 

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

Saw something on Twitter about this today. Think it was summed up quite well as "we'd all love to see REM reform, but at the same time it would take away a little bit of what we love about them".

They've been so adamant about not doing it and being collectively happy with how they signed off that, as much as I'd be in line to see them, I genuinely hope they don't. It'd be nice to see them stick to their guns.

Personally I don't think it'll ever happen. You might get a one-off song at some kind of big charity event or something like that, but I don't see them doing any new music or a reunion tour for the dollar.

Plus I've just started Tony Fletcher's biography of them that goes right from the beginning to the separation, and I don't want to have to buy an updated edition.

Obviously so Quark doesn’t have to buy a new book we’ll have to ensure it was a final split. Maybe Michael Stipe will do a solo set with his new material. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I wasn’t being entirely serious but as  CalGon says it’s not impossible for maybe a one off for something that meant a lot to them. They don’t hate each other or anything like that. 

Yes I can’t see a cash in reunion tour although stranger things have happened. 

Obviously so Quark doesn’t have to buy a new book we’ll have to ensure it was a final split. Maybe Michael Stipe will do a solo set with his new material. 

Finally, someone gets it

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Finally, someone gets it

It’s all about you 😂😂 

If they announce a lineup that makes you have second thoughts we can always help you in the resale! I presume you have kept your registration active just in case you have a change of heart!

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

The announcement will be next week when I'm on holiday and unable to respond by immediately starting to listen to all the announced acts on Spotify. 

Lineup poster will be Friday 1st March at 9:30am, and we won't get any announcements before then

On 2/9/2024 at 12:54 PM, fullfathom5 said:

It was great where I was down the front. Problem is, if you stand at the back at any festival, you won't get the same atmosphere and are basically watching it on screens.

Yeah, you can really lose the vibes. Probably helped kill Muse on the whole for me.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:44 PM, DareToDibble said:

Definitely think we get nothing until the poster now but do think that'll mean we get the poster earlier than normal. Guessed 22nd Feb (based of absolutely nothing) the other day and I'm sticking to it.

Only 10 days left to wait 😀