2023 Stage Predictions

53 minutes ago, gfa said:

Absolute rubbish. Caribou did it this year who did a single show at Brixton last time they toured.

And is much more known to a wider, more mainstream audience.  And I said barely, not that he can't.  It's also his hometown crowd, even if it is London - don't see us suggesting the Courteeners can sub any stage on the farm.  All this chat of WH headlining, Pyramid sub is absolutely daft.

2 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Think Fred Again would be a great WH headline, similar to Bicep/Jusitce/Disclosure as a Sunday night dance option.

He's still had nowhere near the level of exposure and breakthrough that any of them had by the time they headlined WH, especially Bicep and Disclosure.  If he's announced as the Field Day headliner I'll change my view, but until then I think this is a classic eFest hype train running way out of control.

41 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

And is much more known to a wider, more mainstream audience.  And I said barely, not that he can't.  It's also his hometown crowd, even if it is London - don't see us suggesting the Courteeners can sub any stage on the farm.  All this chat of WH headlining, Pyramid sub is absolutely daft.

Other headline / pyramid sub is rubbish - but WH is very feasible. He could have sold out another 2 brixton dates with ease if not more.

'Barely' for west holts sub is a joke imo - lets see eh

Friday

Pyramid - AM, Pulp, Judas Priest, Gregory Porter, Gabrielle, Caroline Polachek, The Lathums

Other - Prodigy, Stromae, Suede, Gerry Cinnamon, Carly Rae Jepsen, Razorlight(Openers)

WH - Rosalia, Pa Salieu, Genesis Owusu,

JP - The Wombats, Aitch, Thundercat

Park - The War On Drugs, Fleet Foxes, Orville Peck

Saturday

Pyramid - Rihanna, Paramore, Roxy Music, Royal Blood, Wet Leg, Central Cee, Mika

Other - QOTSA, Lil Nas X, Bastille, Dermot Kennedy, Mabel

WH - Fred Again, Tash Sultana, Willow

JP - Franz Ferdinand, Rina Sawayama, Nova Twins

Park - Pendulum, Mac Demarco, Cage the Elephant

Sunday

Pyramid - Elton John, Lizzo, Lewis Capaldi, Robbie Williams, Young Fathers, Mahalia, The Specials

Other - Blackpink, Robyn, Ice Cube, Yungblud, The Kooks

WH - Loyle Carner, FKA Twigs, Buddy Guy

JP - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Country, New Road, The Chats

Park - Bloc Party, Editors, Marcus Mumford

t0QiDj3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Pyramid - AM, Pulp, Judas Priest, Gregory Porter, Gabrielle, Caroline Polachek, The Lathums

Other - Prodigy, Stromae, Suede, Gerry Cinnamon, Carly Rae Jepsen, Razorlight(Openers)

Saturday

Pyramid - Rihanna, Paramore, Roxy Music, Royal Blood, Wet Leg, Central Cee, Mika

Sunday

Pyramid - Elton John, Lizzo, Lewis Capaldi, Robbie Williams, Young Fathers, Mahalia, The Specials

t0QiDj3.jpg

Pendulum surely belong in JP not on the park

1 minute ago, Muppetmark said:

no way they sub other. maybe 5th down like glass animals?

Glass Animals were 4th - sounds to me that the person you quoted didn't realise St Vincent subbed based on them saying early evening. I think 4th down is about right

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Glass Animals were 4th - sounds to me that the person you quoted didn't realise St Vincent subbed based on them saying early evening. I think 4th down is about right

yes exactly. felt earlier to me because the sun was out.  4th down seems right to me too

6 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

t0QiDj3.jpg

Tbh tbh is is a cracking lineup. Stromae won’t play that high, played very low last time.

He’s not that big here.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh tbh is is a cracking lineup. Stromae won’t play that high, played very low last time.

He’s not that big here.

While he's a little too high on the lineup prediction I wouldn't use last time as a predictor. 

When he was last booked he was also playing kokos (he went on to play Hammersmith apollo afterwards). This time round he's sold out wembley arena. Deserves a decent slot. 

Had a quick attempt, stolen a couple of ideas off other posters in this thread. Haven't done too much research (particularly clueless on West Holts!), have tried to balance gender but not quite 50/50. Just for fun:

WG Thursday: The Reytons, Sundara Karma

Friday:
Py: Arctic Monkeys, Sting, Lil Nas X, Blondie, Aitch, Becky Hill, ?
Other: Lizzo, Anderson .Paak, Rosalia, Tenacious D, Dermot Kennedy, Gang Of Youths, Nilufer Yanya, The Kooks
WH: Loyle Carner, Pinkpantheress, Denzel Curry, Ashnikko, Ezra Collective, Kalush Orchestra
JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Hives, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Reytons, Angéle, Gilla Band, Mae Muller
Park: Manic Street Preachers, Rina Sawayama, Black Country New Road, The Orielles, The Mysterines, Bob Vylan, Choir/Brass band opener

Saturday:

Py: Rihanna, Pulp, Hans Zimmer, Paolo Nutini, Wet Leg, Maisie Peters, Candi Staton
Other: The Prodigy, Jorja Smith, Ghost, Tom Grennan, Niall Horan, The Gaslight Anthem, Holly Humberstone, Black Honey
WH: Mabel, Floating Points, Kelis, Buddy Guy, Joesef, ETC Winner
JP: Pavement, The Lathums, Yard Act, Weyes Blood, Kevin Morby, Alfie Templeman, Sinead O’Brien, Prima Queen
Park: PJ Harvey, Shame, Orville Peck, TBA (Pixies), Billy NoMates, The Beths, Richard Dawson

Sunday:

Py: Elton John, Paramore, BlackPink, Roxy Music, Jack Johnson, Gregory Porter, Mika, Local Band
Other: Queens of the Stone Age, The War On Drugs, Central Cee, Porcupine Tree, DMA’s, Pale Waves, Sports Team, CMAT
WH: Fred Again, Willow, Arlo Parks, Lapsley, Meute, Jockstrap, Everyone You Know
JP: Pendulum, Maggie Rogers, The Walkmen, TBA (Florence + The Machine), Nova Twins, Mimi Webb, Brooke Combe
Park: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Young Fathers, Marcus Mumford, Alvvays, The Big Moon, The Regrettes, Wunderhorse

May make amendments further down the line, upon inevitable corrections and announcements!

I don't think the kooks would be interested in doing the other opener slot - they've just got to the point where they are headlining all the mid sized festivals and i feel other headline is something you do on the way down a bit more.

FRI:
Py: The 1975, Lizzo, Alicia Keys, One Republic, Wet Leg, Sinead O'Connor, ?
OS: The Prodigy, Becky Hill, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Suede, Pale Waves, Dry Cleaning, Happy Mondays, ?
JP: Editors, Mura Masa, Yard Act, Muna, Knucks, The Murder Capital, Porridge Radio, Billy Nomates, Stone
WH: Grace Jones, Steve Lacy, Ezra Collective
Pa: The Smile, Sharon Van Etten, Marcus Mumford, Alvvays, Aldous Harding, Matt Maltese, Bartees Strange, Aoife Nessa Francis, Divorce

SAT:
Py: Rihanna, Paolo Nutini, Blackpink, Jack Johnson, Gregory Porter, Candi Staton, Gwenno
OS: Bon Iver, Royal Blood, Anne-Marie, Placebo, Maximo Park, The Big Moon, Nova Twins, The Mysterines
JP: Pendulum, Central Cee, Tove Lo, The Hives, Cat Burns, Oliver Tree, Jockstrap, Katy J Pearson, Heartworms
WH: Loyle Carner, Young Fathers, PinkPantheress, 
Pa: Christine & the Queens, Future Islands, Jessie Buckley & Bernard Butler, Benjamin Clementine, Gaz Coombes, Priya Ragu, Obongjayar, Panic Shack, Skullcrusher

SUN:
Py: Elton John, Paramore, The War on Drugs, Roxy Music, Rina Sawayama, Gabriels, ?
OS: Queens of the Stone Age, Aitch, Rosalia, Carly Rae Jepsen, Architects, Sports Team, Bob Vylan, Los Bitchos
JP:  Bloc Party, Giggs, Willow, Omar Apollo, Raye, Maisie Peters, FLO, Pip Millett
WH: Fred Again.., Kelis, Soul II Soul, Mahalia
Pa: Hot Chip, Lykke Li, Beth Orton, Angel Olsen, The Beths, Enny, Crawlers, PVA, Grandmas House

On 11/10/2022 at 12:04 PM, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

t0QiDj3.jpg

Ticking A LOT of boxes for me

On 7/4/2022 at 7:32 PM, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Has one of the random early slots on the Pyramid written all over it if they play. No idea if they’ve appeared before but Don’t You Forget About Me on the Pyramid would be brilliant. 

Simple minds certainly played in ‘95.