2023 Stage Predictions

35 minutes ago, VCK said:

My attempt at this:

FRIDAY
PYRAMID: Arctic Monkeys / Paramore / Royal Blood / Jorja Smith / Burna Boy / Passenger / Hayseed Dixie
OTHER: Lizzo / Yungblud / Slaves / Beabadoobee / DMAs
WEST HOLTS: Anderson .Paak 
JOHN PEEL: Aitch
PARK: Manic Street Preachers

SATURDAY
PYRAMID: Guns N' Roses / Pulp / Little Simz / Dermott Kennedy / Phoebe Bridgers / Gary Clark Jr
OTHER: The Prodigy / KSI / Bloc Party / The Gaslight Anthem / Holly Humberstone
WEST HOLTS: Mabel
JOHN PEEL: The Wombats
PARK: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

SUNDAY
PYRAMID: Taylor Swift / Lewis Capaldi / Run The Jewels / Spice Girls / John Fogerty / Seasick Steve / The Wurzels
OTHER: Queens Of The Stone Age / Courteeners / Central Cee / Sigrid / Pale Waves
WEST HOLTS: Nas
JOHN PEEL: Bastille
PARK: Courtney Barnett

Little Simz does not need to come back again, no different to when she played a more impressive slot this year imo. Same with Burna Boy, that slot just feels like a downgrade and he's touring the same album.

Are RTJ really third down pyramid? Seems off to me especially with Jorja Smith 4th

JP headliners are a bit whack too i think, wombats and bastille should be on other really - i'd move one of them and put Bloc Party maybe in their place (i'd say Slaves alternatively but they don't make sense again QOTSA or GNR/Prodigy really)

30 minutes ago, CJB said:

-

Ah I see. Got a bit excited there, I loved their debut album but don’t even know if they’re still a band these days

They split a few years back yep, forgot to even say that bit when talking about that prediction! Was rumours of them doing a secret set at Reading this year that never amounted to anything. Quick google explains where it all went wrong too - complete lineup change and lots of drugs

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

They split a few years back yep, forgot to even say that bit when talking about that prediction! Was rumours of them doing a secret set at Reading this year that never amounted to anything. Quick google explains where it all went wrong too - complete lineup change and lots of drugs

Don’t mean to sound patronising but are you maybe confusing them with another band lol? 

The UK slaves are just on hiatus I believe while they do their own solo projects. Larry Pink The Human is Laurie's and they did do a secret set at Reading last year. I think the break came about due to a lot of personal issues between the two of them, notably Laurie's girlfriend dying. Would love to see them come back soon.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That is a different band.

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yeah you've mixed them up badly there 😂

I did think they looked a bit odd and didn't think there were so many haha!

Second attempt with some of the feedback in mind:

FRIDAY
PYRAMID: Arctic Monkeys / Paramore / Royal Blood / Jorja Smith / Michael Kiwanuka / Passenger / Hayseed Dixie
OTHER: Lizzo / Yungblud / Joy Crookes / DMAs / The Gaslight Anthem

SATURDAY
PYRAMID: Guns N' Roses / Pulp / Gwen Stefani / Dermott Kennedy / Phoebe Bridgers / Gary Clark Jr
OTHER: The Prodigy / KSI / Bastille / Beabadoobee / Holly Humberstone

SUNDAY
PYRAMID: Taylor Swift / Lewis Capaldi / Run The Jewels / Spice Girls / John Fogerty / Seasick Steve / The Wurzels
OTHER: Queens Of The Stone Age / Courteeners / Central Cee / Sigrid / Pale Waves
JOHN PEEL: Bloc Party
PARK: Pavement

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VCK said:

FRIDAY
PYRAMID: Arctic Monkeys / Paramore / Royal Blood / Jorja Smith / Michael Kiwanuka / Passenger / Hayseed Dixie

SATURDAY
PYRAMID: Guns N' Roses / Pulp / Gwen Stefani / Dermott Kennedy / Phoebe Bridgers / Gary Clark Jr

SUNDAY

Clash central. They won't clash Paramore and Yungblud I doubt. But I do think Paramore playing the UK later April makes Reading less chance.

14 hours ago, VCK said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Like this.

15 hours ago, VCK said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Missing Roxy Music in the legend slot (unless you think Neil’s info is wrong) and I don’t see Run the Jewels getting another shot at the Pyramid (or playing at all, tbh) so maybe replace them with somebody like Lil Nas X and I think it looks pretty decent. Couple of things I’d maybe nitpick, but I’d be pretty happy if we got that. 

15 hours ago, VCK said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Great picks for JP headliners, could see all of those (or Pavement/YYYs) happening

15 hours ago, VCK said:

SATURDAY

Just noticed Gwen Stefani, should be a headliner, get her there on Sunday, much more fun and exciting than TS.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Jesus Christ you made it even harder! Missed Pavement at Primavera queueing for bollocking water 

17 hours ago, VCK said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

What happened to Eminem headlining Saturday night?!

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

This leaves me with pretty slim pickings for my personal taste tbh, which has happened before and I've still had a blast. Would just be a discovery year, rather than having a bunch of pre-aimed targets.

Can't see Anderson Paak headlining WH tho. He's sub at best, his biggest hits are as part of Silk Sonic as well. Mabel feels more like Pyramid or Other, potentially would swap her headlining WH for RTJ, but then I can't see them having two hip hop headliners in one year. 

18 hours ago, VCK said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Nice one - looks good to me this!

Not too certain on Mabel for WH - feel like she screams mid other/pyramid. Maybe another dance act on WH/JP/Park, Fred Again.. an obvious pick

Sunday is Brutal - Saturday as well but Prodigy defo win out