Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

I'm joining the club as well.

I've had no voice since Saturday evening (mainly due to the Don't Look Back in Anger / Hey Jude massive singalongs). I've added to that some cough, light fever and dizziness. I thought it was the classic post-Glasto symptoms, but they haven't disappear

My entire group has it (12 people), except three of us tested negative (including me). I thought I might have gotten away with it as I had it about three months ago.

However I have now woken up with a sore throat and a temp so will be testing again later and would be shocked if I didn't have it.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

First timer here … I guess now my worries about getting it will subside …. Cough and sore throat currently … let’s see how things go from here 

Same - covid virgin too! Bit breathless and cough/sore throat so far.

Being back at work is paining me more 😀

11 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

You think I haven't lost people ?    Its all besides the point on what we do now.

If you keep replying I will keep replying - give your own head a wobble.

It will never be over - the virus is endemic.  You need to know what that means.

it isn't endemic. People are treating it as if it is because sick of worrying about it, but it isn't endemic.

Yep, after avoiding it all this time and being vaxxed to the max, I'm another first time positive tester upon returning home. Just sore throat / headache / general aches although assumed that was due to the singing / over indulgence / walking.

25 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Wonder why a lot of people seem to be first timers, including me! I am also being kicked in the ass by it and have had to take today off sick. 

I wasn't at the festival, but had it a couple of weeks ago, for the 1st time.  I'd avoided it despite being in close proximity and taking no precautions with others in the household having had it on 6 occasions since the start of the pandemic.

I think the BA4/BA5 version is more able to get past immunity and I've heard of more '1st timers' getting it in the last few weeks.  But also as population we're mixing more, so it's a combination I suspect.

EDIT: what others have said above! 🙂

Also, I hope everyone feels much better v soon.

Edited by geoffboycott
edit
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vans said:

+5 from our group

I would like to see a proper poll, as this thread is very leading... 

I get the press argument, but they're gonna pick up on it either way. Hell, they'd already declared it a super spreading event before it even began, and nobody could really argue with that, as it was obviously going to be. 

But it would be nice to see the percentages here.