Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

21 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Just gonna play devil's advocate here....covid has a 10 day shelf life...glasto is 5 days and the current strain of covid very few people have any symptoms of note that'd be classed as more then a cold anyway....how many of you panicing about testing now did so before glasto? Please don't give the media the hype they need to call for events like this to be banned over what is no more then a fucking cold for the huge majority now anyway? 

It's panic spread like this that will be used to justify another lockdown and masks again etc and yes even a cancellation of live music again. 

throw the tests away, get on with your lives and If you do feel a bit rough just chill out a bit till you get over it, same as literally any other illness ...this putting covid on a pedestal above all as if it's fucking ebola is so harmful it's beyond belief.  As I've said before as well there are hundreds of airbourne viruses you 'could' catch that are just as harmful to vulnerable people etc so why aren't you worried about them? Oh right we don't track and hype and get paranoid about those do we? Because we aren't told to. That's literally all it is. Stop being your own worst enemys.

I've got to say I agree with this now. 

A year ago I probably would've thrown you a downvote 🙂

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

I've got to say I agree with this now. 

A year ago I probably would've thrown you a downvote 🙂

A time before vaccines and when delta varient was widespread and the nhs was under pressure I wouldnt have had this attitude.....the problem is to many people who have refused to take off their chains and still seem to believe we live in those times and act accordingly then give others grief for not doing so,

17 minutes ago, SleepyBob said:

It effects people different doesn't it, I'm fine, Mrs isn't. It's not just a cold as can be seen by the 2 years of hell we've just been through. 

it is now for the huge majority, ive had covid mate, felt like a total tool 10 days off work when I wasnt even ill, kids had it again no symptons, mrs had it, slight cold, that was it. this aint december 2021.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

for some people it isn't just a cold.

for some people even a cold can be a large threat, yet we dont put our lives on hold for that do we? vulrunable people of course I feel for but it aint just covid they are at risk of! and yet before covid noone gave a fuck did they? use the c word though and its all about `looking after the vulrunable` its virture signalling madness.

If the media get hold of this thread you are actually risking the future of the festival and if twisted and spun enough maybe live music in general.....all because many of you have gone home with cold symptons but the big scary tests tell you its covid......2019 if youd gone home with a cold you wouldnt have given a fuck, and yet it still could have been a touch of flu or something else that may have impacted vulruable people around you.

Scare mongering and focusing on this shit still is exactly whats going to drag us back into more restrictions again when the media get hold of it, spin it and terrify everyone again. that is my major problem with this kind of thing. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

All of this...

I wish people would realise its 90% political...  If enough panic spreads then regardless of the rights and wrongs the government will do what they think is popular...   Most of the covid measures happened not because they where right but they where popular...

Why aren't we closing the borders...
Why aren't we wearing masks...

Will somebody think about the children!!!!  Close the school!  Fuck up their lives a bit more!!! 

and so on...

You will reap what you sow...   Pagel and Depti already beating that lockdown drum - don't join in 😛 

this all over. these people dont realise what they are doing. And many of them will be the first to bleat when our freedoms are taking away again. you are playing right into the hands of those who cant wait to rip our freedoms away again. simple as. There is no reason to even test now and yet your all talking as if its late 2021 and covid is ebola. get some fucking perspective and think of the bigger picture before more of this damaging crap is spread please.

The people in here saying that it's nothing but a cold and that you're risking the future of the festival need to get a fucking grip.

Millions have lost loved ones to this virus, many of them posting in this thread. Grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, all dead to it.

What you are doing is the equivalent of turning up in a cancer thread and saying over and over again that it's just a lump and you can get surgery to remove it and it's not a big deal.

Please just fuck off from here, and when you get to where you are going, fuck off from there too, never to return.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

for some people even a cold can be a large threat

This is true. I was watching DIY SOS the other week and there was a family on there who had a daughter who was CEV and they’d been careful during the pandemic obviously and then a simple common cold took her life. 

I am genuinely interest in how many are testing positive because I haven’t had it yet and so far I’m in the clear.

Can we please keep the thread on that basis and defer the debates about the severity of covid and the value of our continued testing? Have heard all the arguments, know them well, don’t need to hear them again.

Have a sore throat and thumping headache but I always do coming back from any festival.  Not sure why I should pay money out of my own pocket to buy tests.  Covid is (basically) endemic now,  I don't see how the situation is different now to how it will be in 5, 10, 20 years. Am I expected to pay for these tests for the rest of my life?    

I have already given up two years of my life and huge chunks of my mental wellbeing up to this point, not really feeling giving up anything more.  

1 hour ago, waterfalls21234 said:

So youve got a cold 😂😂 just chill out for a bit then carry on as normal FFS 

No offense but you’re chatting bollocks (big sweaty ones at that) I’ve got it and it isn’t a cold. Literally wiped out since Monday night in bed but yeah I’ll just chill and carry on. 

If you melts read the OP it was a simple question as to who caught Covid.  No mention of politics, your personal views on lockdown, “fear”, conspiracies or any of that bollocks. 
just a genuine question.

take your agendas elsewhere.  Pricks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I wish that was the case but I actually think people will be cool with it...

I never thought testing would carry on like this...  The virus is endemic and so is the fear...

I wonder how much more the event industry can stomach ?   The whole industry is still preloaded with debt post covid - doubt it could take more restrictions and not show permeant damage or we just borrow more money off china we ask the children to pay back down the line...

Can you imagine the cost of living crisis if we combine it with lockdowns or more restrictions  - jesus wept...

The virus is not endemic.

But, we have a lot of immunity now and hospitals are coping, just about, and until that changes there won't be anymore lockdowns and stopping of events like Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, eddie_corrigan said:

No offense but you’re chatting bollocks (big sweaty ones at that) I’ve got it and it isn’t a cold. Literally wiped out since Monday night in bed but yeah I’ll just chill and carry on. 

so youve got the flu rather then a cold. point is you arent in hospital and you knew the risks attending a fest with so many others for a week. so why all the panic from people like this was unexpected? get well soon