Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

1 hour ago, eddie_corrigan said:

No offense but you’re chatting bollocks (big sweaty ones at that) I’ve got it and it isn’t a cold. Literally wiped out since Monday night in bed but yeah I’ll just chill and carry on. 

also pretty sure a week at a festival with lack of sleep, drinking etc aint gonna put your body in the best shape for dealing with anything. 

This thread isn’t risking the festival’s future. The government isn’t going to stop all events with crowds unless there’s a massive increase in hospitalisation, it can’t afford to. 
Everyone knew going to a festival has a risk of catching it but it’s definitely worth the risk. Some people have a reason to test to keep family members safe, myself included. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The virus is not endemic.

But, we have a lot of immunity now and hospitals are coping, just about, and until that changes there won't be anymore lockdowns and stopping of events like Glastonbury.

Oh there will be, the moment the media get a hold of something like this and sensationalise it you just know boris and co will; act `in the public interest` again and use it as an excuse to fuck with our freedoms again. I mean we are talking the same people who used data from SAGE which was even to the casual observer clearly out of touch by a long way and based on very very worst case scenario modelling to justify the lockdown last time....what was it they were saying at one point? 1000s of deaths a day if restrictions were lifted?.......yeah....still dont see any sign of these supposed experts who pushed this hysterical modelling as `fact` being punished for the damaged they caused to the country, the economy and all of our lives and that says a lot also. 

Edited by waterfalls21234

10 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

This thread isn’t risking the festival’s future. The government isn’t going to stop all events with crowds unless there’s a massive increase in hospitalisation, it can’t afford to. 
Everyone knew going to a festival has a risk of catching it but it’s definitely worth the risk. Some people have a reason to test to keep family members safe, myself included. 

Indeed. Anyone who thinks the festival is risked by such discussions is a bit daft. 

They're right that politics comes into it, but from the opposite perspective - it's nigh in inconceivable we would have any further lockdown - not since the tories bet the farm on operation save big dog (and they have a sizable chunk of backbenchers who would never go along with it again). 

Besides who would obey rules from these charlatans in future? Nobody. 

18 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Oh there will be, the moment the media get a hold of something like this and sensationalise it you just know boris and co will; act `in the public interest` again and use it as an excuse to fuck with our freedoms again. I mean we are talking the same people who used data from SAGE which was even to the casual observer clearly out of touch by a long way and based on very very worst case scenario modelling to justify the lockdown last time....what was it they were saying at one point? 1000s of deaths a day if restrictions were lifted?.......yeah....still dont see any sign of these supposed experts who pushed this hysterical modelling as `fact` being punished for the damaged they caused to the country, the economy and all of our lives and that says a lot also. 

Oh no he won't. He's a libertarian. He wants everyone to be happy and party...just make sure you protest quietly that's all.

There were football matches and cheltenham and other stuff seen as super spreading events, all still going ahead.

21 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

and to be honest you sound like a paranoid covid conspiracy loon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I would like to see a proper poll, as this thread is very leading... 

I get the press argument, but they're gonna pick up on it either way. Hell, they'd already declared it a super spreading event before it even began, and nobody could really argue with that, as it was obviously going to be. 

But it would be nice to see the percentages here. 

So one of my friends is positive and I have some possible symptoms but negative (perhaps on day 6) . On the other hand my son and his partner both have it (they didn’t go) and so do three people I work with (neither did they). Most people aren’t testing but I work in a field where we do. 

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and to be honest you sound like a paranoid covid conspiracy loon.

Oh really? So tell me why these experts giving the government and the public information which was massively over inflated in terms of risk and numbers based on models which even they later admitted were only meant to be worst case scenarios was a good thing? 

This isn't a conspiracy mate this is fact, this is what happened ...do you not remember some of the ridiculous predictions sage made even when things were winding down? (1000s of deaths(not cases...deaths they actually claimed that) a day if we loosened restrictions at one point remember that one?) Selective memory eh? I get you haha 

I do love the fact people like you who see anyone speaking common sense and questioning anything and label them a conspiracy theorist' are still about....it's like a nostalgia trip 😂😂😂 don't have a go at me for your lack of ability to use critical thinking pal. 

18 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Oh really? So tell me why these experts giving the government and the public information which was massively over inflated in terms of risk and numbers based on models which even they later admitted were only meant to be worst case scenarios was a good thing? 

This isn't a conspiracy mate this is fact, this is what happened ...do you not remember some of the ridiculous predictions sage made even when things were winding down? (1000s of deaths(not cases...deaths they actually claimed that) a day if we loosened restrictions at one point remember that one?) Selective memory eh? I get you haha 

I do love the fact people like you who see anyone speaking common sense and questioning anything and label them a conspiracy theorist' are still about....it's like a nostalgia trip 😂😂😂 don't have a go at me for your lack of ability to use critical thinking pal. 

sometimes the models did get it wrong, it's not an exact science...but we were getting over a 1000 deaths per day at certain points, and hospitals were overwhelmed which is why we have a massive backlog now. So...you can think it's all made up by commie scientists if you want...and I'll just think you're a prick if you don't mind.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

sometimes the models did get it wrong, it's not an exact science...but we were getting over a 1000 deaths per day at certain points, and hospitals were overwhelmed which is why we have a massive backlog now. So...you can think it's all made up by commie scientists if you want...and I'll just think you're a prick if you don't mind.

You are literally putting words in my mouth (when did I mention commie scientists?) and there was never a point we were getting 1000s of deaths a day by the way.....cases yes and hospitalisations at one point but not deaths in those numbers....and btw owing to the redicilous way covid deaths were recorded (as in anyone who had a positive test then died was ruled as being a covid death in the stats no matter what they actually died from) noone really has a clue how many deaths there actually were where covid was the actual cause of death but I'm sure your ok with that as well because the facts don't matter to someone like you only being as scared as possible for some reason. 

As far as the modelling goes even Sage themselves later admitted multiple times they got it very wrong, so are you going to claim this was a lie as well? 

Call me whatever you like pal the day a hysterical nutjob like yourself likes me is the day I'm really going down the wrong path on life so I'll take it as a compliment haha

The baffling thing is people like you are apparently still so terrified of covid and yet you still went to a massively attended event like glasto regardless.....what did you expect? Don't come here later spreading the fear around. One of the best things about the fest was not having to be around people obsessed with nothing but covid like you. 

4 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

You are literally putting words in my mouth (when did I mention commie scientists?) and there was never a point we were getting 1000s of deaths a day by the way.....cases yes and hospitalisations at one point but not deaths in those numbers....and btw owing to the redicilous way covid deaths were recorded (as in anyone who had a positive test then died was ruled as being a covid death in the stats no matter what they actually died from) noone really has a clue how many deaths there actually were where covid was the actual cause of death but I'm sure your ok with that as well because the facts don't matter to someone like you only being as scared as possible for some reason. 

As far as the modelling goes even Sage themselves later admitted multiple times they got it very wrong, so are you going to claim this was a lie as well? 

Call me whatever you like pal the day a hysterical nutjob like yourself likes me is the day I'm really going down the wrong path on life so I'll take it as a compliment haha

yeah, haha. nob.

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There was a big backlog already in existence to the pandemic - if it's on its knees due to covid it's because of long-term neglect prior to covid.  Other than that, agreed, yes, nob.

Just now, p.pete said:

There was a big backlog already in existence to the pandemic - if it's on its knees due to covid it's because of long-term neglect prior to covid.  Other than that, agreed, yes, nob.

I'm a nob for speaking facts? Care to tell me where anything I said wasn't true?  

8 minutes ago, p.pete said:

yeah, but covid meant they had to divert already limited reources and cancel/postpone non urgent operations etc which made backlog even worse? I don't think it was as bad before the pandemic as it is now.

Edited by steviewevie

Just now, steviewevie said:

yeah, but covid meant they had to divert already limited reources which made backlog even worse. I don't think it was as bad before the pandemic as it is now.

What like when it was pointed out that a&e wait times quoted as being so bad 'because of covid' during the winter were actually the same as many trusts experienced in wintertime pre covid? Or did that one go over your head as well?