Football 2022/23

charlierc

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I was having this chat with my mate today. He's so expensive and has a ridiculous ownership % but I just think he's a must have. I'm sure I saw he's been the highest scoring FPL player for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Yeah, had same convos with mates. He's so heavily owned and takes such a wedge of budget, but he's just so consistent (think he's always scored over 200 pts per year since at Liv), almost injury free, on penalties, and in one of the two most attacking teams. I've done #NoSalah drafts, but they just don't feel right and I'm too much off a coward to start the season without him, lol 

26 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I didn’t realise Leicester hadn’t signed anyone this summer. Losing Kasper could be quite big as well… They could be in for a struggle?

Same position as Everton apparently hitting their FFP limit which is really surprising as they seem one of the better clubs at buying and making a profit (Chilwell, Maguire etc..) Nearly pipped Liverpool to 4th a couple of years ago but as you say the rules might make them struggle this year. If they can't make it work I doubt anyone can now.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I would be amazed if Bournemouth stay up with their current squad.

I'll level with you, I'd forgotten Bournemouth were in the league. Too late now though, I've made my choice but would swap them with Forrest.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'll level with you, I'd forgotten Bournemouth were in the league. Too late now though, I've made my choice but would swap them with Forrest.

For some reason I always forget about Brighton. I don't think they will go down, but I struggle to remember any of their players in recent years other than Glen Murray and the only game I can remember them ever playing is when they thrashed man u last season.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

cos they couldn't do it this year. 😛 

Was touch and go for a while! They should give that lad that tied himself to the goalpost player of the season, gave them time to regroup while yer fella with the massive bolt cutters went to work.

This feels like as good a season as any for a surprise top 4 placer or a surprise relegation given the weirdness that is having the World Cup in the middle of the season and that January is also going to be the usual post-tournament "That guy was good at the World Cup, get him!" madness on top of the usual January hysteria.

Not that I'm bold enough to stick my neck out and say who for either category tbf.

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2022 at 9:38 AM, Gnomicide said:

This year's ridiculous predictions:

Premier League:
Champs - Liverpool
2nd - Man City
3rd - Spurs
4th - Chelsea

Relegated - Fulham, Forrest, Everton

Champions League:
Man City

FA Cup:
Chelsea

League Cup:
Newcastle

Scrub that. 😄

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

After watching yesterday's highlights on MotD, I can't see Fulham getting relegated. Although Bournemouth also surprised everyone by beating Villa.

Relegated:

Everton

Southampton

Bournemouth

So some promoted teams quite often have a really bright start to the season performance wise, but drop off later. That said, those were impressive highlights.

I fancy Brighton to go down, not sure they have the firepower and goals in the team.

2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

So some promoted teams quite often have a really bright start to the season performance wise, but drop off later. That said, those were impressive highlights.

I fancy Brighton to go down, not sure they have the firepower and goals in the team.

I fancy Brighton to be mid table myself. They have signed Undav, who could be enough. Much better than Everton, who look truly fucked. And Southampton.

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

This has aged well, Brighton looked electric first half against United. Luckily they have goals from all over the pitch (Trossard, Gross, MacAllister) otherwise they’d struggle. Should  defo be looking at Brereton Diaz

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

This has aged well, Brighton looked electric first half against United. Luckily they have goals from all over the pitch (Trossard, Gross, MacAllister) otherwise they’d struggle. Should  defo be looking at Brereton Diaz

Does beating Man U make a team look good? 😛 

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

As someone who had the misery of spending my teens and 20s seeing Man U consistently winning, I am enjoying this ride as long as it lasts!

Seems its going to last for a while longer. No manager is going to do well with Maguire, McTominay and Fred in the starting 11. Mid table stuff.

Bit late for predictions as we've already started, but anyways . . . 

1) Man City

2) Liverpool

3) Spurs

4) there's a fag paper between Chelsea and the Goons - perhaps the latter, just. A plague on both their houses! 

relegated: Bournemouth, Forest, Leicester

FA Cup - Spurs

League Cup - Man City

Champions league - FC Bayern beating Liverpool in the final, with a Mane goal obvs

Europa league - PSG 

Conference league - Villarreal

Top scorer - tempted to pick the easy option with Haaland, but his injury record isn't great (and he's so bloody big!) so i'm gonna go with Salah, as he'll have a nice month's rest in November

World cup - Argentina's time to shine, beating England in the final 😄

just seen this summary of football so far..... 🙂

City are going to buy the league with the highest wage bill again. United are still rubbish. The rest will figure itself out.