The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

5 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

Latest run is in.  And it's a beauty.  

It's maintaining the tradition of being stupidly warm on wednesdays

image.thumb.png.16a4705098e8dcb96e4220f6cd8ec916.png

And then Thursday comes along and shows you how its done

image.thumb.png.da9e53769c04ef01bc56935d14f91c53.png

Don't get carried away but it is glorious to see.

Awful. If its like that for all 5 days, it'll be hell. 

I guarantee the next Glastonbury I dont go to, will be my kind of weather & I'll be gutted

Tbh, Ive already come to terms with it. I just hope I manage to have a decent time. If its 5 days of heat, I wont. I'll hate it & want to go home. A day I can handle.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, briddj said:

It really is..... too prefect you could say.....

Yep. It's still a bit early to be sure. I've only got 3 out of 8 models reaching the start of the festival. We should have a much better picture by Friday or Saturday.

6 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

Latest run is in.  And it's a beauty.  

It's maintaining the tradition of being stupidly warm on wednesdays

image.thumb.png.16a4705098e8dcb96e4220f6cd8ec916.png

And then Thursday comes along and shows you how its done

image.thumb.png.da9e53769c04ef01bc56935d14f91c53.png

Don't get carried away but it is glorious to see.

Willing to sacrifice a goat and dance naked round it's corpse if it will appease the Weather Gods enough for this to actually come through 😍

19 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

cooooor I better buy that sun umbrella!

So should everyone else moaning about too much sun

Would strongly advise. I bought one from the greenfields somewhere. Definitely helped having my own personal bit of shade

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Just wait when its 30+ for 5 days straight and there will be people begging for it rain or cool off.  Still dont know why anyone wants sun the whole weekend there. Not the environment for it.

Exactly. Those temps are shade temps.... What shade? It is absolutely horrendous. 

If the weather is hot all weekend, Im not planning on seeing any act before about 7 in the evening. I will just stay at my tent I think. Then come out when the temps drop. Probably venture out for Rick Astley though.

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

It’s all really rather simple. Low/mid 20s in the day, light breeze, occasional bit of cloud cover, warm evenings and no lower than 15 overnight. Maybe a rain shower about 5am each morning. Nice and settled. 

This!  And dry grass to sit on for a rest! 

6 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

It’s all really rather simple. Low/mid 20s in the day, light breeze, occasional bit of cloud cover, warm evenings and no lower than 15 overnight. Maybe a rain shower about 5am each morning. Nice and settled. 

It's simple... 18° cloud cover. Dry.

That'll do me.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

11 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Rain comes from clouds. 

No f**king clouds

No f**king rain

No f**king compromise 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Awful. If its like that for all 5 days, it'll be hell. 

I guarantee the next Glastonbury I dont go to, will be my kind of weather & I'll be gutted

Tbh, Ive already come to terms with it. I just hope I manage to have a decent time. If its 5 days of heat, I wont. I'll hate it & want to go home. A day I can handle.

No offence but are you heavy set and unfit, is that why you would struggle with the heat?

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Exactly. Those temps are shade temps.... What shade? It is absolutely horrendous. 

If the weather is hot all weekend, Im not planning on seeing any act before about 7 in the evening. I will just stay at my tent I think. Then come out when the temps drop. Probably venture out for Rick Astley though.

Yeah. Like people want Coachella weather at Glasto and I say hell to the no. I get 6 days of sun in the desert every year and thats enough. I wanna transport everyone to indio to see how they deal with these temps and tell me why they want it in a couple weeks time. Theres hardly any f**king shade anywhere at glasto and the fest wont even take it into account to protect attendees. Last year they laid all those extra wood chips and stuff for heavy rains which never happened so it was a bigger pain to walk around in some spots. Provide some shade and itll make a huge difference.  

During jai paul weekend 2 you could see the thermometer side stage inside the tent he was performing in and it was 90+ degrees and the sun had already gone down. Underworld was after and I was soaking after that set cause it was steaming in there. 

(weekend 2 of coachella and then weekend 3 which is stagecoach. )

IMG_2603.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

8 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

No offence but are you heavy set and unfit, is that why you would struggle with the heat?

Nope. Im about 15st 8, but Im 6ft 4. So most people would say Im pretty average for my height. 

I dont have issues in the cold. At all. I go watching Oldham Athletic every week. Anyone who's ever been to Boundary Park will tell you it's not the warmest... I cant remember the last time I wore a jumper / hoodie under my coat to a game. Even in minus temps, I'd be too hot. 

I am never cold. The meme of a bloke in shorts in the snow... that's me.

11 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah. Like people want Coachella weather at Glasto and I say hell to the no. I get 6 days of sun in the desert every year and thats enough. I wanna transport everyone to indio to see how they deal with these temps and tell me why they want it in a couple weeks time. Theres hardly any f**king shade anywhere at glasto and the fest wont even take it into account to protect attendees. Last year they laid all those extra wood chips and stuff for heavy rains which never happened so it was a bigger pain to walk around in some spots. Provide some shade and itll make a huge difference.  

During jai paul weekend 2 you could see the thermometer side stage inside the tent he was performing in and it was 90+ degrees and the sun had already gone down. Underworld was after and I was soaking after that set cause it was steaming in there. 

(weekend 2 of coachella and then weekend 3 which is stagecoach. )

IMG_2603.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

Yeh, those temps are 38 and up… I think we can cope with 20 - 25 🙈😂

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Nope. Im about 15st 8, but Im 6ft 4. So most people would say Im pretty average for my height. 

I dont have issues in the cold. At all. I go watching Oldham Athletic every week. Anyone who's ever been to Boundary Park will tell you it's not the warmest... I cant remember the last time I wore a jumper / hoodie under my coat to a game. Even in minus temps, I'd be too hot. 

Swipe left

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Tip you've possibly been given before, but for yourself and any other people like me who suffer badly in the heat, invest in cooling bedding stuff.

As soon as it hits June I get so grumpy for three months because I never get a good night's sleep in the heat, but I went on Amazon and bought a super light cooling blanket, as well as pillows and a mat for under my bedsheet with cooling pads inside to help cool me down in the night. Cost about £60 all-in-all and has worked wonders so far this year. If temps are looking at the hotter end of those predicted, I'm at least bringing the blanket and the pillows to Glasto.