Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

15 minutes ago, badsandwich said:

hello hello, does anyone know specifically where you can definitely coffee on the site? keeping my eyes peeled but still haven’t come across anywhere yet!

If you look at the map shows places to get a coffee 

1 hour ago, brosch said:

Pusha T @ Cupra is sooo quiet.. super weird, smthg is wrong here, you can barely hear anything 

Mic was too quiet for the first few songs, but besides that ist was very good in the front.

Everything feels much „smaller“ this year. Attending since 2015 this makes me very happy.

Expanded Boiler Room is great too.

Edited by slowdive

Really great evening so far, the run of Built to Spill, Turnstile, Boris and Amenra was very loud and fun. Amenra might be the most entertaining thing I have seen at Primavera maybe with the exception of My bloody valentine and Slowdive.. Now I cant wait for Liturgy on Saturday. 

The site definitely seems more quiet compared to last year. No queues at the bars. 

Stellar day so far, everything I've seen has been great, I've just arrived to the Dice stage to see Machine Girl and passed by the Boiler Room, there's an insanely long queue, really strange to see so many people waiting for hours there (I guess the organizers will have to think about another solution next year as the stage is still not big enough)

Absolutely delighted to hear how quiet it is! Obviously for you guys there but also for the thousands that stayed away because those shits couldn’t be bothered to apologise for last year. I cannot forgive them for that and seems like so so many other people can’t either - delighted!

1 hour ago, spoiledff7 said:

Absolutely delighted to hear how quiet it is! Obviously for you guys there but also for the thousands that stayed away because those shits couldn’t be bothered to apologise for last year. I cannot forgive them for that and seems like so so many other people can’t either - delighted!

They may have not apologised, but I genuinely think they have listened to people on quite a few aspects and improved.

That said, it's f**king dead for Blur right now!

I am sure there are a few glitches around the site, but I have had a great evening so far.

2 hours ago, spoiledff7 said:

It's the line up and cost that put me and my friends off, nothing to do with them not apologising for (one day of) last year. Suspect the same applies for a lot of people. 

• Upvote 1

Great first day of it especially in comparison to last year - site felt like you actually had room to breathe, queues were nonexistent, the new spaces to sit and chill were more than welcome. Barely any chatter throughout gigs.

And every single act I saw knocked it out of the park. BCNR, Ghost, Turnstile, New Order, back half of Alison Goldfrapp and Blur - not bad! Not sure the rest of the line-up is quite as stacked but raring to get back tomorrow.

Thankfully things are back to normal for the festival! No queues whatsoever and no overcrowding, massive improvement on last year. In terms of acts I really enjoyed Turnstile, New Order and Blur. New Order in particular were so much better than I expected.

Was anyone else at NxWorries? We heard nothing but bass, couldn't even hear most of the vocals. It was probably the worst set I've ever experienced in terms of sound quality. Not sure what happened!

39 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Thankfully things are back to normal for the festival! No queues whatsoever and no overcrowding, massive improvement on last year. In terms of acts I really enjoyed Turnstile, New Order and Blur. New Order in particular were so much better than I expected.

Was anyone else at NxWorries? We heard nothing but bass, couldn't even hear most of the vocals. It was probably the worst set I've ever experienced in terms of sound quality. Not sure what happened!

Had the same problem regarding NxWxorries. Had to leave after a few songs.

Only complaints this far is the sound bleed between stages and some of the act placement.

Cupra/Brugal/Amazon is a bit of a nightmare -//- As is boiler room plentitude -//- And that techno place at the back of Mordor for the people in the back.

Didnt Antimon come on late and just decimate the heathers to the point they had to stop and wait?

In regards to stage placements Built to Spill was a bit silly on Dice. My friends had a couple others they thought there either over or under sized for their stages.

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Exactly this. Its the price of accom and tickets that have gone silly

Same here. It all went up so much that we decided to do Porto instead - everything was essentially half the price of Barcelona but still with a decent amount of the lineup. Glad to hear it's a much nicer experience for those who are there though, that first day last year was pretty hairy! 

• Upvote 1