Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

Honestly, weird and to mainstream line-up. Ok, this year was mainstream as well, but better mainstream.

Calvin Harris is like workout/ background music and for EDM festivals, not for Primavera. Skrillex as well.

Undercards are not as good as this year, basically only whole booked day is Saturday for me.

Blur is worth going tho, I have a ticket for Depeche Mode arena show, so not deal for me, otherwise it will be.

Will they add some extra names?

Edited by Festcrazy

Underwhelming line up, I'm trying to study the undercard to find some hidden gems but at the moment I feel like I should not have bought the ticket before the line up release, there are not nearly enough interesting names for me that would justify spending hundreds of euros on travel + accomodation 😞

I felt slightly disappointed at first when the 2019 line up came out but I slowly warmed up to that one because there were some artists I was really excited to see, it also felt fresh and different from other festivals, unfortunately that's not something I can say about the 2023 line up... It's possible that many artists will not be touring next year and this is the best they could come up with, but some of these names I would expect to see at Sziget and not Primavera (Halsey, Calvin Harris, Skrillex, Maneskin 😕).

It's also bothering me a bit that there are too many repeats from the 2019 and 2022 line ups, it doesn't feel as fresh, forward-thinking and well-curated as the previous editions, or at least that's how I feel at the moment (I'm afraid I'll skip this edition and will try selling my ticket). I really wonder how this will sell, Depeche Mode and Kendrick are huge names, but I just don't see people buying a ticket because of Halsey or Calvin Harris (or maybe I'm out of touch with reality here)

I hope Built to Spill, Le Tigre, Come, Karate, Unwound, Swans, Shellac, Laurie Anderson and Arab Strap will play in the UK. Can't justify going to Primavera and not seeing a single band in the large and medium font sizes. John Cale is already playing here in February, so that is covered.

I've been waiting for Karate for 15 years! Yes, I should just go to Guess Who, but these bands are not playing Guess Who!

Edited by emmanuel

Interested in potential clashes. Last year they really made the difference. Having a Calvin Harris vs death grips is entirely another festival than one where you have to choose between Bauhaus and nick cave. 

Main stage 

blur - Halsey - le tigre  -  (Can’t figure out who: pusha t and central cee are not really this big, darkside neither)

So: blur vs nxworries/darkside? I can survive this

kendrick - dm - skrillex - Christine & the queens 

so: Kendrick vs moldy peaches/swans (this looks very bad)

depeche mode vs baby keem (can survive this) 

rosalia - Calvin Harris - Fka twigs- maneskin 

So: Rosalia vs war on drugs? 
fka vs st Vincent? 

4 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Interested in potential clashes. Last year they really made the difference. Having a Calvin Harris vs death grips is entirely another festival than one where you have to choose between Bauhaus and nick cave. 

Main stage 

blur - Halsey - le tigre  -  (Can’t figure out who: pusha t and central cee are not really this big, darkside neither)

fka vs st Vincent? 

Don't beat yourself over this. There's just no way to work out these clashes.

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Main stage 

fka vs st Vincent? 

This really isn't even worth stressing yourself about until next May.

Edited by jannybruck

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Main stage 

fka vs st Vincent? 

It's not like they need to be BIG. The main stages run on thursday this year was El Mato a un Policia Motorizado > Joey Bada$$ > Kacey Musgraves > Charli XCX > Tame Impala > Pavement > Bad Gyal

5 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

It's not like they need to be BIG. The main stages run on thursday this year was El Mato a un Policia Motorizado > Joey Bada$$ > Kacey Musgraves > Charli XCX > Tame Impala > Pavement > Bad Gyal

Yes, because massive attack weren’t  there. 3 of all these names at least need to be the biggest of the day 

1 hour ago, Jimothy said:

The lineup is not too bad but I have absolutely no desire to go back after overcrowding, bar, water problems from 2022. 

I only attended week 2, but it didnt feel that bad at all. A bit too crowded at times, and the bars was a mess as always (and as always it also magically got better on Fri-Sat), but all in all I didnt have the bad experience that a lot of other people had at any of the areas on the festival site. 

I noticed that people complained a lot more during week 1, and from what I could see from videoes and messages it almost looked dangerous at times. Cant see it ever get that bad again though.

Edited by pne094