trnsmt 2023

jj200

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

That Pulp day is bizarre. So disappointing for anyone up there wanting to see them because there's zero crossover in demographic between Pulp and Ezra/Niall.

I suppose the thinking might be you get enough people into Pulp/Heaton & Abbot as well as the Ezra/Horan crowd. I'm sure it will sell well, ideal for families really but not what I was hoping for at all. Them headlining a day at Connect would have been ideal.

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

That Pulp day is bizarre. So disappointing for anyone up there wanting to see them because there's zero crossover in demographic between Pulp and Ezra/Niall.

The whole thing is bizarre, tbh. Royal Blood before The 1975 is weird then again R&L did that in 2019 so not out of the question. Ashnikko is a name I wouldn’t expect on there and Aitch is a good booking but stands out like a sore thumb on that day.

53 minutes ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Think most UK bookers just throw any random name in they can get these days. Is the thinking if we can cater to ten different markets with one act each as if it's a gig we'll sell more tickets than putting on a decent coherent lineup. 

agreed

Its Pulp's only scottish date after 10 years - if your gonna go your gonna go regardless of whether its a member of 1D or a more suitable act supporting

• Upvote 1

I don't think Pulps day is that bad, yeah there's Neil Horan, but there's always going to be a chart friendly name, I can imagine your average Pulp fan will atleast be indifferent or cool with Heaton/Abbott and Ezra. Plus, there will be still a few names to add that day. This initial lineup is as close to a half decent old TITP main stage announcement they've had in a while, IMO

Heaton and Abbott are perfect for the Pulp day. Ezra is in there I imagine because they want a sure ticket seller in that spot. Horan is the odd one out. Not Pulp.

That said, I VERY much like that day, and would attend for 3 of the 4. Saturday... I'd consider for that top 2 alone, but the TBA could swing it more.

The Sunday does not work for me. At all.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Heaton and Abbott are perfect for the Pulp day. Ezra is in there I imagine because they want a sure ticket seller in that spot. Horan is the odd one out. Not Pulp.

That said, I VERY much like that day, and would attend for 3 of the 4. Saturday... I'd consider for that top 2 alone, but the TBA could swing it more.

The Sunday does not work for me. At all.

Aye, I didn’t expect to go back but Heaton/Abbott and Pulp plus it’s handy for a few pints in the City in the afternoon.

28 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The fact they're doing TRNSMT means there was never a chance they were getting considered for Connect.

With the strongest support of the 3 headliners arguably. They could have done Connect, chems did trnsmt and then did connect the year after for instance

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Chemical Brothers were a fairly late replacement at TRNSMT, and definitely not the level of pretty much any headliner before or after them. The same way you're not likely to see Primal Scream in that sort of slot again either after Foals pulled out.

Yeah they were a bit of weird one thats fair enough but the point still stands they have the strongest sub on their day.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Yeah they were a bit of weird one thats fair enough but the point still stands they have the strongest sub on their day.

I think it's the unproven drawing power rather than lack of it though. DF clearly think they're possibly big enough if Ezra isn't top billing though.

Anyone thinking that Sea Girls could be the TBA on the Saturday?

EDIT: Was thinking possibly Sugababes too, which I'd also be content with. The Proclaimers came to mind too, but everything bar Aberdeen is sold out, so possibly wouldn't need to hold it back?

Edited by DomDom1984

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Anyone thinking that Sea Girls could be the TBA on the Saturday?

EDIT: Was thinking possibly Sugababes too, which I'd also be content with. The Proclaimers came to mind too, but everything bar Aberdeen is sold out, so possibly wouldn't need to hold it back?

I thought it might be The View and they’re waiting until after their December shows.