Jump to content

trnsmt 2023


Recommended Posts

I feel like this is a bit of a step down from the 3 massive names they have this year (in scotland at least). I think these look decent but maybe swap out one for someone bigger, AM perhaps might play or the killers again

2 hours ago, LD1903 said:

I reckon

Friday: The 1975

Saturday: Kasabian 

Sunday: George Ezra

Would love to see Blur headline but it remains to be seen when they’ll be back touring  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not implausible. I really cannot gauge Blur's popularity though. Feel like a lot of young people don't give a toss about them the way Oasis remain haloed in nostalgia.

Sadly a lot of the bookings will come down to this. The 2017 and 2018 lineups were both fairly decent but ever since 2019 it seems they’ve just been aiming it at the young/dark fruits crowds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LD1903 said:

Sadly a lot of the bookings will come down to this. The 2017 and 2018 lineups were both fairly decent but ever since 2019 it seems they’ve just been aiming it at the young/dark fruits crowds

Courteeners seem a safe bet. Wouldn't matter if they had headlined only a year before, they'd be a safe bet regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Courteeners seem a safe bet. Wouldn't matter if they had headlined only a year before, they'd be a safe bet regardless.

Same goes for The Kooks, Wombats, Blossoms etc just being somewhere on the bill 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Blur did anything outdoors in Scotland it would be Bellahouston Park probs, they don't fit in at trnsmt. Next year maybe something like:

Fri- The 1975

Sat- Florence & the Machine

Sun- The Killers

 

Sam fender will do it soon but likely not next year after playing 2021 & 22.

Arctic Monkeys are a possibility but more likely to do their own gig imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

If Blur did anything outdoors in Scotland it would be Bellahouston Park probs, they don't fit in at trnsmt. Next year maybe something like:

Fri- The 1975

Sat- Florence & the Machine

Sun- The Killers

 

Sam fender will do it soon but likely not next year after playing 2021 & 22.

Arctic Monkeys are a possibility but more likely to do their own gig imo

The Killers subbed by somebody like Kasabian would be a solid booking and would sell very well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

If Blur did anything outdoors in Scotland it would be Bellahouston Park probs, they don't fit in at trnsmt. Next year maybe something like:

Fri- The 1975

Sat- Florence & the Machine

Sun- The Killers

 

Sam fender will do it soon but likely not next year after playing 2021 & 22.

Arctic Monkeys are a possibility but more likely to do their own gig imo

Could be the exact trio there. Feel TRNSMT might have to shell out through the nose for Arctic Monkeys - though wasn't the chat on their stadium tour next year that they didn't have a Scottish date? That might suggest they are incoming.

Have been banging the drum about The 1975 as Glastonbury headliners elsewhere, but regardless of whether they play or not, think they are a safe bet for this - if they either stick to their gender-split policy and the festival abides, or they just quietly drop it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Could be the exact trio there. Feel TRNSMT might have to shell out through the nose for Arctic Monkeys - though wasn't the chat on their stadium tour next year that they didn't have a Scottish date? That might suggest they are incoming.

Have been banging the drum about The 1975 as Glastonbury headliners elsewhere, but regardless of whether they play or not, think they are a safe bet for this - if they either stick to their gender-split policy and the festival abides, or they just quietly drop it.

There's a guy on here in the know on scottish stuff and he said no scottish stadium but that doesn't mean trnsmt necessarily. I think they'll do their own show. 

The thing that puts me off the 1975 is apparently their summer sessions date a couple years ago sold poorly. Florence is overdue although again I think her Edinburgh summer sessions dates didn't fly out and that's pretty small.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

There's a guy on here in the know on scottish stuff and he said no scottish stadium but that doesn't mean trnsmt necessarily. I think they'll do their own show. 

The thing that puts me off the 1975 is apparently their summer sessions date a couple years ago sold poorly. Florence is overdue although again I think her Edinburgh summer sessions dates didn't fly out and that's pretty small.

The 1975 slapping a festival show straight after a (much cheaper) arena sell-out in the early winter always did feel a bit strange to me.

Then they sold out the arena show that followed in early 2020, so I really don't know.

They got a very big crowd in 2019 for their Reading and Leeds slots, I believe, but could easily figure that they are passed over for next year - depends how far out they've been booked. (Wasn't there speculation running around they had been, along with Florence and the Machine, booked as two of Glastonbury's 2021 headliners originally?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

If Blur did anything outdoors in Scotland it would be Bellahouston Park probs, they don't fit in at trnsmt. Next year maybe something like:

Fri- The 1975

Sat- Florence & the Machine

Sun- The Killers

 

Sam fender will do it soon but likely not next year after playing 2021 & 22.

Arctic Monkeys are a possibility but more likely to do their own gig imo

word on the AM thread in glasto forum is no stadium for scotland, so it will be either TRNSMT or a park I guess.

I wonder if Blur might do that new festival that has Massive Attack, Chems etc maybe

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, gfa said:

word on the AM thread in glasto forum is no stadium for scotland, so it will be either TRNSMT or a park I guess.

I wonder if Blur might do that new festival that has Massive Attack, Chems etc maybe

'ello 'ello.

A new festival, you say?

Pray, tell NorthernSoul52 all he needs to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, jj200 said:

friday: the courteeners 

Saturday: the 1975 

sunday: blur

Can’t see them getting Courteeners to headline again so soon, would love Blur but can’t see it sadly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

they did it with Liam gallger 

Slight difference there though as Liam had released another album after he done it first time round, not sure if Courteeners are planning to release anything before next summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LD1903 said:

Slight difference there though as Liam had released another album after he done it first time round, not sure if Courteeners are planning to release anything before next summer

Someone who has a good record of knowing stuff in the glasto forum said courteeners were doing Murray field I think 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Someone who has a good record of knowing stuff in the glasto forum said courteeners were doing Murray field I think 

Really? Would have never of had them down for doing stadiums that big 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TRNSMT doesn't seem appropriate for Blur, unless they built a tasteful day around them, as they seem to be doing today for The Strokes. Blur are still huge in England but I don't think it quite translates up here eg Gorillaz played the Hydro in 2017 and I don't think it even sold out. Connect would be more liley for them.

Florence is IMO very hard to place now and I can't see her headlining TRNSMT.

1975 seem a fair shout.

AM have done it already and would surely prefer their own show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

TRNSMT doesn't seem appropriate for Blur, unless they built a tasteful day around them, as they seem to be doing today for The Strokes. Blur are still huge in England but I don't think it quite translates up here eg Gorillaz played the Hydro in 2017 and I don't think it even sold out. Connect would be more liley for them.

Florence is IMO very hard to place now and I can't see her headlining TRNSMT.

1975 seem a fair shout.

AM have done it already and would surely prefer their own show. 

The Strokes day isn't really built for them? Its hardly built for them on the level as APE was in 2019 for instance, i wouldn't say any band in particular links to them really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...