Searches at the gate

Euphoricape

13 minutes ago, Cannedm said:

Compulsory but included.

Just remember kids (assuming the rules haven't changed since last October)...

"Finally, and on a serious note, always remember your rights. Security guards cannot legally detain you unless they suspect you for an indictable offence, but they can eject you from the premises or stop you from coming in. If you agree to a search with security, they can only check your bags, pockets and outer layers of clothing and only on entrance to the premises. They also have the power to confiscate anything illegal that they find if you agreed to the search.

A police officer, however, can search you at any time, but they must first tell you their name and station, what they intend to find, the reason they want to search you (AKA a dog has indicated you are holding drugs), why they are legally allowed to search you and how you can get a copy of the search recording."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akgb4g/do-festival-sniffer-dogs-work

• 4 months later...
36 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

its fair enough to know your rights ect , but surely it would be better to not have anything to worry about in the first place ?

The point of knowing your rights is so that you know what security are allowed to do - you don't want them overstepping the mark especially if you're innocent 

• Upvote 1

I still chuckle at this from years ago

Walking down the hill of death and getting to the gate we passed security searching a mature ladies freezer box on a table  and the security guard pulled out the biggest bread knife .  It glinted in the sunlight like a samurai sword.

Holding it aloft like a warrior I just heard security say very politely   " Madam i can't let you take that in "

Edited by ivan
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ivan said:

Walking down the hill of death and getting to the gate we passed security searching a mature ladies freezer box on a table  and the security guard pulled out the biggest bread knife .  It glinted in the sunlight like a samurai sord.

Holding it aloft like a warrior I just heard security say very politely   " Madam i can't let you take that in "

Ahhahaha, what was the outcome, did the lady’s get funny about it!?

4 minutes ago, ivan said:

Walking down the hill of death and getting to the gate we passed security searching a mature ladies freezer box on a table  and the security guard pulled out the biggest bread knife .  It glinted in the sunlight like a samurai sword.

Nicely evocative 🤺

3 minutes ago, charlie.light said:

Ahhahaha, what was the outcome, did the lady’s get funny about it!?

I dont think so , not much she could do ,  a lot of people including us took that distraction as our opportunity to get in unchecked ( which we did ) 

15 minutes ago, ivan said:

Someone else should've pull out there knife crocodile Dundee style 🤣

this-is-a-knife-crocodile-dundee.gif