West holts

Fred Zepplin

5 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Kikagaku Moyo were great - really nice first set of the day. Also really enjoyed Bonobo. 

But highlight has got to be Bicep - absolutely lit up that field. Sound, visuals, lasers, wow. It was great. 

(Sorry @blutarsky 😢)

Watched Glue and Apricots from the BBC footage yesterday. Goosebumps.

I'm still v v glad I saw King Kenny cause that was one for the ages, but I just wish I'd been able to see that Bicep show as well. I knew it would be the moment they reached that higher level (heh). Seen them live three times now but the new live show and lasers looks like a proper step up

2 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Seen them live three times now but the new live show and lasers looks like a proper step up

It was phenomenal. One of those rare gigs where it feels genuinely like some out of body experience. 🤯

My only regret is I didn’t arrive earlier - ended up way off the other side of the trackway. Getting front & centre would have been even better!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neil said:

shes at womad in a few weeks (along with flaming lips), playing her version of 'remain in light', looking forwards to that. 😄 

Yup, found out afterwards two of her six tunes at G were Talking Heads covers. One day I will find out what all the fuss is with them.....

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

It was phenomenal. One of those rare gigs where it feels genuinely like some out of body experience. 🤯

My only regret is I didn’t arrive earlier - ended up way off the other side of the trackway. Getting front & centre would have been even better!

It was magic. Earlier on Sunday I was struggling a bit but that was an epic finale to the main stages. 

20 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Kikagaku Moyo were great - really nice first set of the day. Also really enjoyed Bonobo. 

But highlight has got to be Bicep - absolutely lit up that field. Sound, visuals, lasers, wow. It was great. 

(Sorry @blutarsky 😢)

Tempted to downvote 😁

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Who had the biggest headline crowd this year on WH? I'm assuming it's Bicep given all the comments.

Where do we place Bicep now by the way? We debated this in the E&D thread a few months back under the assumption of them getting a huge crowd at Glasto. 

Other Stage headline slot on the next album? 

Haven't managed to watch any Bonobo footage yet as I'll be too gutted I missed him/them. Caribou was enormous fun though, I can see why that particular slot was requested (I think?).

Only went there to see Brass Against this year (who were excellent) but caught Kikagaku Moyo before them, really enjoyed their set. The queue for their signing was still in front of the stage when Brass Against came on.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Only went there to see Brass Against this year (who were excellent) but caught Kikagaku Moyo before them, really enjoyed their set. The queue for their signing was still in front of the stage when Brass Against came on.

They had some special editiom available only at the show.

9 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Where do we place Bicep now by the way? We debated this in the E&D thread a few months back under the assumption of them getting a huge crowd at Glasto. 

Haven't managed to watch any Bonobo footage yet as I'll be too gutted I missed him/them. Caribou was enormous fun though, I can see why that particular slot was requested (I think?).

If they had such a huge crowd as you say, and with all the lights, lasers, and what have you, could they plausibly headline the Other?

I remember seeing Skrillex headline and he was fantastic. Orbital have done it, Chemical Brothers...

Plenty of other risks have been taken as Other Stage headliners, so I don't see why Bicep shouldn't be considered. Where else? Pyramid sub before Elton John/Taylor Swift?

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

13 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If they had such a huge crowd as you say, and with all the lights, lasers, and what have you, could they plausibly headline the Other?

I remember seeing Skrillex headline and he was fantastic. Orbital have done it, Chemical Brothers...

Plenty of other risks have been taken as Other Stage headliners, so I don't see why Bicep shouldn't be considered. Where else? Pyramid sub before Elton John/Taylor Swift?

Other Stage headliners yeah, assuming the next album doesn't see a noticeable drop in popularity. 

Didn't Disclosure headline the Other Stage? There's no comparison between them and Bicep IMO. Bicep light years ahead as a live act with the huge light show to boot. 

35 minutes ago, Zacko said:

100% this. 

They're about to sell out 2 nights at Ally Pally, this is after a 3-date Brixton run and Field Day last year and another London festival show a few months back.

Another album and they will headline The Other, I'd say in 2024.

20 minutes ago, Space Shanty said:

Other Stage headliners yeah, assuming the next album doesn't see a noticeable drop in popularity. 

Didn't Disclosure headline the Other Stage? There's no comparison between them and Bicep IMO. Bicep light years ahead as a live act with the huge light show to boot. 

I dunno, I saw Bicep twice last year (granted both at outdoor festivals) and then Disclosure at Ally Pally in March and the latter blew them out of the water IMO. That said, everybody is always better at Ally Pally

Bicep definitely capable of headlining other stage though.

Comparing also to other recent WH headliners - I think even though they haven't released an album in 6 years Justice would also blow the roof off of Other Stage as a Saturday headliner

Edited by themunn

On the basis that Bicep smashed it out of the park, and the universal acclaim for the Pet Shop Boys and Kendrick sets, has there ever been a stronger showing on the top 3 stages at the festival? In terms of all the headliners of the Pyramid, Other and West Holts turning in worldy, for-the-ages sets on the same night.

Edited by kingbadger

On 6/28/2022 at 9:55 AM, Billy Corgans hair said:

Sleaford Mods 

*jaw hits floor*

Cannot stand these.  Was unlucky enough to catch the last 2 tracks of the set and absolutely reinforced my opinion.  It's just a sweary, roided up twat shouting in a Notts accent over a drum machine.  I mean, what the actual fuck?

1 minute ago, themunn said:

I dunno, I saw Bicep twice last year (granted both at outdoor festivals) and then Disclosure at Ally Pally in March and the latter blew them out of the water IMO. That said, everybody is always better at Ally Pally

Bicep definitely capable of headlining other stage though

Yeah indoor lends itself well to these shows. I found Disclosure at Primavera a bit boring in all honesty. 

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Couldn't get into Little Simz, which was on me and not a reflection of her performance.

Same here. I had the same experience watching her on The Park in 2019. Thought I'd give her another go based on hearing her live set from Cardiff earlier this year. Didn't do it for me.