West holts

Fred Zepplin

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Same here. I had the same experience watching her on The Park in 2019. Thought I'd give her another go based on hearing her live set from Cardiff earlier this year. Didn't do it for me.

Thought she was a bit meh in the Park aswell. Caught the last 20 this year and the same. 

She absolutely aced EOTR last year though. 

37 minutes ago, Space Shanty said:

Other Stage headliners yeah, assuming the next album doesn't see a noticeable drop in popularity. 

Didn't Disclosure headline the Other Stage? There's no comparison between them and Bicep IMO. Bicep light years ahead as a live act with the huge light show to boot. 

Yeah, pretty sure Disclosure went the same route. WH headliner in 2014, Other Stage headliner 2016.

If they came back for 2023, I could see Bicep being the Friday night headliner up against Arctic Monkeys.

Koffee.

Described as a reggae singer, songwriter, rapper, deejay and guitarist.

Watched on her on The Park in 2019,  found it a bit too "rock" and not very reggae. Gave her another go this year and came to the same conclusion.

57 minutes ago, Space Shanty said:

Other Stage headliners yeah, assuming the next album doesn't see a noticeable drop in popularity. 

Didn't Disclosure headline the Other Stage? There's no comparison between them and Bicep IMO. Bicep light years ahead as a live act with the huge light show to boot. 

I think Disclosure have missed a trick by getting rid of their old live show. The new sort of hybrid DJ set thing they have just isn't the same. Not sure they'll ever reach the level they used to be at again, with Bicep now superseding them in some ways. Incredible producers though, so I think they'll move more into producing for others. 

Watching the Glasto doc had me really wanting a DJ or electronic act to headline the Pyramid. That Chems footage, wow. 

1 minute ago, Zacko said:

Watching the Glasto doc had me really wanting a DJ or electronic act to headline the Pyramid. That Chems footage, wow. 

This should always be the case. Headline acts should be lively/"dancy" get you in the mood for an "allnighter". Only West Holts seem to know this.

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No that was just the band

Yeah, they weren't good. Caught them, Sleaford Mods and Little Simz on WH this year. Thought the sound was good on WH and all the main stages. The Other Stage in particular seemed less effected by the wind than before. 

Black Midi look highly placed at EOTR this year - I think I might give that a miss after Glastonbury. They were decent at EOTR 2019 though. 

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Yeah I've advocated The Chems to get another Pyramid slot for a long time now. 

One of the best live acts in the world, one of the best electronic acts in history, great friends of the festival and who, according to Emily, pulled a crowd of 200,000 to the Pyramid in 2000. 

I get that the Pyramid has changed a bit and the need for diversity and equality etc. I agree with all that, but it looks unlikely we'll ever see an act like that on the Pointy stage again and that's a pity if so. 

Not many electronic acts have the visual show for the Pyramid but they do. It's incredible.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Wouldn't be able to trust myself to look after vinyl at the G. It would have been Frisbeed at Noel Gallagher a short few hours later.

Has anyone ever bought any vinyl at Glastonbury? I have visions of returning to my tent and the vinyl being warped beyond being able to play it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Space Shanty said:

One of the best live acts in the world, one of the best electronic acts in history, great friends of the festival and who, according to Emily, pulled a crowd of 200,000 to the Pyramid in 2000. 

I get that the Pyramid has changed a bit and the need for diversity and equality etc. I agree with all that, but it looks unlikely we'll ever see an act like that on the Pointy stage again and that's a pity if so. 

Not many electronic acts have the visual show for the Pyramid but they do. It's incredible.

The Chemical Brothers were offered the Pyramid last time they played Glastonbury. They said they prefer The Other stage and played there instead.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The Chemical Brothers were offered the Pyramid last time they played Glastonbury. They said they prefer The Other stage and played there instead.

No way! Were they offered a headline slot, or subbing?

Just remembered how good Faithless were in 2010 subbing. Probably the most united in absolutely going for it I've ever seen the Pyramid field. 

(Probably gone off topic here, apologies) 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Wouldn't be able to trust myself to look after vinyl at the G. It would have been Frisbeed at Noel Gallagher a short few hours later.

I hear you, I am lucky to camp round the corner at T&C. But told myself I was not allowed to queue all the time for vinyl 

25 minutes ago, Space Shanty said:

They need to revamp their show if they get on the Pyramid. I've seen them 3 times over the last 10 years or so and it's essentially the same each time with a couple of new tunes thrown in.

28 minutes ago, Space Shanty said:

Daft Punk or bust