Coach Times Email

cheesey_toastie

21 hours ago, Ashl said:

On that topic does anyone know what the earliest bus might be from Reading? The trains start fairly early from where I am but with 5 of us might be cheaper and more reliable booking a taxi! I know we had a thread for this somewhere but a way back?!

Pretty sure my mate had a 5am once from reading.  They managed to get there from London that morning by train. 

Ok conspiracy theory alert...how many See Ticket coaches are there? 400?

I'm starting to wonder if See can't find enough drivers to honour all the bookings and are now trying to either

1. Outsource 3rd party to get drivers and are struggling

2. Are making alternative plans to offer some people normal GA tickets instead to alleviate the pressure. (but guess that would then breach licence conditions)

3. Trying to fit people into departure points elsewhere.

4.  Can't secure the authority for some of the departure point pick up spots.

I dunno, it just seems weird that something that they've had three years to sort out, has run like clockwork before and surely by now they know who's on what coach and what time its leaving.

The silence is deafening....

2 I’m hoping for …. @seetickets waves … there must be an issue of some description … it must be drivers …  not sure how they could sort it though … I’ve  had a picture in my head of everyone at see tickets being retrained as drivers and that’s why they aren’t replying to our tweets and emails … I’m making sure I get the front seat so the driver doesn’t get lost !! 

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm starting to wonder if See can't find enough drivers to honour all the bookings and are now trying to either

2. Are making alternative plans to offer some people normal GA tickets instead to alleviate the pressure. (but guess that would then breach licence conditions)

I dunno, it just seems weird that something that they've had three years to sort out, has run like clockwork before and surely by now they know who's on what coach and what time its leaving.

Re 2. The booking page went live a couple of weeks ago to book coach only (if you already had tickets), so I don't think they'd now be trying to get people off coaches.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

2 I’m hoping for …. @seetickets waves … there must be an issue of some description … it must be drivers …  not sure how they could sort it though … I’ve  had a picture in my head of everyone at see tickets being retrained as drivers and that’s why they aren’t replying to our tweets and emails … I’m making sure I get the front seat so the driver doesn’t get lost !! 

Yeh, I can't see what else it might be....either drivers or perhaps the coaches themselves? 

I would have no issue in taking GA ticket if needed!

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They’d probably been better than some of the drivers I’ve had the last few years - getting lost on the way is a yearly right of passage, is it even Glasto if your coach driver hasn’t done something ridiculous in the lanes of Somerset 

15 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm trying to find the right bits in the licence:

9.15 Coach 
service 

Any agreement made with coach service operators to service the event would be required to guarantee 
that only ticket holders are carried to the site and that a detailed departure schedule is provided. 

We could really do with that detailed departure schedule!

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

2015 on the way back our driver was from South Wales and decided halfway up the M4 going to Oxford to take a 'shortcut' most people were asleep, I was in the front row awake but not really paying attention, the bloke on the otherside to me suddenly started shouting at him 'what you playing at' etc as he went up some country road in Wiltshire...then had to try and turn round a 70 seater coach when he realised he had fucked up and then back on the M4....cost us another hour at least on top of the hour and a half we left Pilton to start with!  

Not what I needed at the end of a five day bender!

10 minutes ago, Ashl said:

I'm trying to find the right bits in the licence:

9.15 Coach 
service 

Any agreement made with coach service operators to service the event would be required to guarantee 
that only ticket holders are carried to the site and that a detailed departure schedule is provided. 

We could really do with that detailed departure schedule!

Shame it doesn't give a deadline as to when that is!

Just now, gooner1990 said:

2015 on the way back our driver was from South Wales and decided halfway up the M4 going to Oxford to take a 'shortcut' most people were asleep, I was in the front row awake but not really paying attention, the bloke on the otherside to me suddenly started shouting at him 'what you playing at' etc as he went up some country road in Wiltshire...then had to try and turn round a 70 seater coach when he realised he had fucked up and then back on the M4....cost us another hour at least on top of the hour and a half we left Pilton to start with!  

Not what I needed at the end of a five day bender!

Can’t go wrong with a 45 min ish journey  from Taunton surely 🙂 … touches wood 

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fair comment … maybe IT issues have delayed it ? 

Probably lack of staff. 2 years of very little or no live music has meant lots of people have left the industry for safer jobs. 

But it is See tickets so they probably just cocked up!

Just now, mynameisjonny said:

slightly OT but what's the situation with the coach timing on the way home? Do you have to show up at the exact return time on your ticket or can you just join the London queue and get on the next available. Got midday Monday National Express tix but would prefer to leave 4am(ish)

Thanks!

From what I’ve read on here they seem to be pretty flexible with returning. Especially if you want to leave at that time, I hold be amazed if there was a full coach worth of people at 4am!