Crew Bars 2022

stuie

1 minute ago, lebenski said:

Any way to sling someone a few quid for one of these?

You’d probably be better off by being friendly and asking nicely.

As someone pointed out in the past, these are regular bars that want to make a profit at the end of the day. Just don’t expect to blag entry at peak times 

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:

You’d probably be better off by being friendly and asking nicely.

As someone pointed out in the past, these are regular bars that want to make a profit at the end of the day. Just don’t expect to blag entry at peak times 

Ok man, awesome!  I'm not getting there till the Thursday this year sadly but will have a bit of an ask about

34 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Broke Britain in the UFG opens on Wednesday - is this the first to open or does anyone know of earlier? 

Several will be open now, a friend of mine is camped in the T&C area doing part of the site build, I expect the Green Room is up and running in some manner.

27 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Several will be open now, a friend of mine is camped in the T&C area doing part of the site build, I expect the Green Room is up and running in some manner.

T&C bar is normally next Tuesday.  Change of beer supplier this year as well, hoping a good selection as previously. 

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

T&C bar is normally next Tuesday.  Change of beer supplier this year as well, hoping a good selection as previously. 

that late? I guess theres a lot of trips in and out to the supermarket up till then 🙂

On 6/13/2022 at 7:48 AM, blutarsky said:

Broke Britain in the UFG opens on Wednesday - is this the first to open or does anyone know of earlier? 

I used that place a few times in 2019 to have a twenty minute chill from the crowds. Like it and the location.

• 4 months later...

Best perk of volunteering with Oxfam was access to the crew bars. We managed to get in everywhere with our wristbands...even acoustic crew bar. Great fun and Tow & Hitch was a fab place to step off the crowded path for a bit. Got tickets this year and will miss crew bar access. 

• 5 months later...
On 5/19/2022 at 11:23 AM, Funkyfairy! said:

Thank you v much, hopefully get one again this year and will pop by ... the butterflies of anticipation have started 

Did you get a T&C band? We have to meet up this year, pre festival. I came looking for the binnies compound but couldn't find it. Can we make a plan say on Monday? If you're not still painting that is xx

Anyone know which crew bar opens first. Tow and Hitch always seems to be being built even on Wednesday. Acoustic also - but they seem to let you in even though its not finished. Think it may be Maceos. Are there any up and running as early as the Sunday before? Dont think any of the main bars open until at least Tuesday.

On 4/16/2023 at 4:14 AM, Curlygirl said:

Did you get a T&C band? We have to meet up this year, pre festival. I came looking for the binnies compound but couldn't find it. Can we make a plan say on Monday? If you're not still painting that is xx

Yes and yes 🙂 ... and defo plan for a meet up , Even if still painting still have from early evening/some of the day - defo defo lets meet up instead on bumping into each other bleary eyed post festival 🙂

3 minutes ago, Milocat said:

Anyone know which crew bar opens first. Tow and Hitch always seems to be being built even on Wednesday. Acoustic also - but they seem to let you in even though its not finished. Think it may be Maceos. Are there any up and running as early as the Sunday before? Dont think any of the main bars open until at least Tuesday.

Several, Maceos for sure

1 minute ago, Milocat said:

yes maceos , unfairground  from the Wednesday before (if that makes sense) so a week before the punters arrive and then they start all opening up from there

33 minutes ago, Milocat said:

Tow and Hitch opened the Thursday before the festival last year. I’ve not known it be unfinished by Monday of festival week. 
E9776D86-16BE-4802-89FD-E32B8610011E.thumb.jpeg.12884aae836299fb5a9565f050e0a88f.jpeg

They’re traditionally a bit mean at t+c, I have a few mates camping there and they’ve never let us in for a beer - won’t hand out guest wristbands etc, even if you ask mon or tues before the festival. Not sure it’ll change much with a different bar, but we’ll see!