Future headliners

NoBuses

On 1/26/2023 at 11:07 PM, Matt42 said:

Worth a watch.

Its mad how long this guy has been in the industry and most people haven’t noticed him.

Started watching that and when he said his neighbour was Brian Eno I said to myself 'gotta be a nepo baby'! Im sure he's very talented but he's effectively related to the royal family 😄

8 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

This is a good thread as realistically, there are not many active legacy headline acts who are still to play the festival (Fleetwood Mac)

Fleetwood Mac are done.  They won't play live without Mcvie and Buckingham again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Have been musing about potential future first time Pyramid headliners. Probably covering old ground on the forum but the most obvious contenders seem to be:

• Taylor
  • Dua 
  • Madonna
  • Sam Fender
  • Rihanna
  • The 1975
  • Harry Styles 
  • George Ezra 
  • The Weeknd (if he were to accept a lower payday)
  • Lizzo? 
  • AC/DC?

Then there are pop acts like Gaga, Miley and Katy Perry who potentially could - but would maybe need another big hit/album to headline, given they've all played the Pyramid before but lower down. 

Possible heritage acts who haven't headlined - Nick Cave & BS (personally think he should get the nod before he packs it in given how good he and the BS are live), Depeche Mode, Strokes (can't really see this ever happening but never say never). 

Little Simz and Dave maybe both also potentials?

Who have I missed? 

Would throw Ariana Grande and Drake on that list, and would say Lady Gaga could already do it without another album.

Olivia Rodrigo and Doja Cat have a chance in the future too.

4 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Who have I missed? 

Pearl Jam

I know that's going to set off the "not relevant/popular enough" argument yet again. But they are demonstrably still a massive live draw in this country.

Rage Against The Machine

Both of these are one well-positioned feature in Stranger Things or similar and they'll be well in contention.

Has Bad Bunny been mentioned yet? If not, Bad Bunny will get mentioned.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Pearl Jam

I know that's going to set off the "not relevant/popular enough" argument yet again. But they are demonstrably still a massive live draw in this country.

A few years ago I would’ve definitely said no chance, but now that Glastonbury has more or less ticked off all of the big guns that are still active, Pearl Jam don’t seem too absurd of a booking. Think they may struggle to keep the attention of a crowd outside of the Ten material, but in terms of huge acts who haven’t done it, they’re up there. 

Here’s a slightly out their suggestion for many years down the line but Maisie Peters today has just got her first number 1 album, the youngest British female artist in a decade. Could she be a future headliner?

Her music is good, very catchy, great to singalong too and her music has a bit of Taylor Swift about it. Her set on the Pyramid was really good too. Obviously she would need more hits and top albums but currently she could be on track to be a headliner.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Here’s a slightly out their suggestion for many years down the line but Maisie Peters today has just got her first number 1 album, the youngest British female artist in a decade. Could she be a future headliner?

Her music is good, very catchy, great to singalong too and her music has a bit of Taylor Swift about it. Her set on the Pyramid was really good too. Obviously she would need more hits and top albums but currently she could be on track to be a headliner.

The test will be when she stops cosplaying as Swifty and carves out her own image. But she’s forgot an ear for a hook so why not, in theory.