Volunteering 2022

stuie

46 minutes ago, dondo said:

About the meet up on the Monday at 7pm Tow and Hitch- from posts I have picked up that @joeltg@Amani @JayBalls @fred quimby @blue6field @Jensescapade @irnkrtn @stuie @balti-pie @tarw @abiwish and @gazzared are looking at coming along but anyone else is more than welcome obviously.

As I said happy to set up a WhatsApp group if people want to DM me their details I can do the necessary.  But will also try and update on here (subject to signal) a bit more precise location within the bar on the evening.

2 weeks today 😀🍻

Great work Dondo - looking forward to meeting all you lovely people in 2 weeks! 

Will DM you my number. 

2 hours ago, abiwish said:

sounds great. 

From the looks of the telegram chat there will also be an Oxfam organised bar crawl on the monday night too. Any of you think you'll join that?

It’s quite a sight when you see it.  Hundreds of stewards leaving from the Oxfield in the evening all giddy with excitement. Last time everyone headed to the pyramid for a group picture and then to Maceos by Block 9. It didn’t seem to move on from there

6A95187C-ADD9-4FEC-A0E6-2851CD9CFA6A.jpeg

Edited by March Hare
Typo fix
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dondo said:

About the meet up on the Monday at 7pm Tow and Hitch- from posts I have picked up that @joeltg@Amani @JayBalls @fred quimby @blue6field @Jensescapade @irnkrtn @stuie @balti-pie @tarw @abiwish and @gazzared are looking at coming along but anyone else is more than welcome obviously.

As I said happy to set up a WhatsApp group if people want to DM me their details I can do the necessary.  But will also try and update on here (subject to signal) a bit more precise location within the bar on the evening.

2 weeks today 😀🍻

I'm in too! Arriving on the Monday so this'll be fun!

30 minutes ago, abiwish said:

sounds great. 

From the looks of the telegram chat there will also be an Oxfam organised bar crawl on the monday night too. Any of you think you'll join that?

Ah- I always thought the Oxfam one was the Tuesday night (as is the recycling crew one) hence why I thought about organising the efests meet on the Monday.

Hopefully can match the 2 up at some point

1 hour ago, dondo said:

Ah- I always thought the Oxfam one was the Tuesday night (as is the recycling crew one) hence why I thought about organising the efests meet on the Monday.

Hopefully can match the 2 up at some point

Yeh absolutely, sure it'll be fine

4 hours ago, dondo said:

2 weeks today 😀🍻

I've just sent you my mobile on a DM.

I haven't done anything like this before, so I'm a bit nervous, but I'm sure I'll be excited once Im there. Not long to go now. I love that our countdown is a little bit earlier x

5 hours ago, dondo said:

2 weeks today 😀🍻

Number DM’d

6 hours ago, dondo said:

2 weeks today 😀🍻

Double post

Edited by blue6field

Ok, worry mode engaged now.

Rail strike due on the day I'm travelling (Tues 21st) so now need another way of getting to the festival.

My partner has said he'll drive me down if all else fails, but presumably I'd still have to get dropped off at Castle Cary or somewhere else? And if Castle Cary, would the shuttle bus be running if there are no trains?

2 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Ok, worry mode engaged now.

Rail strike due on the day I'm travelling (Tues 21st) so now need another way of getting to the festival.

My partner has said he'll drive me down if all else fails, but presumably I'd still have to get dropped off at Castle Cary or somewhere else? And if Castle Cary, would the shuttle bus be running if there are no trains?

Drop off is bath and west 

6 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

What’s the best page checker to install to get alerts for changes on the Oxfam festival web page. I’m sorted just trying to help my daughter get a place. Any advice much appreciated.

Distil extension on Chrome has worked for me in the past (and a few others on here)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

What’s the best page checker to install to get alerts for changes on the Oxfam festival web page. I’m sorted just trying to help my daughter get a place. Any advice much appreciated.

Set this thread to follow on email every time someone posts, managed to grab one today by someone letting me know there's one available! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tj95 said:

Set this thread to follow on email every time someone posts, managed to grab one today by someone letting me know there's one available! 

27 minutes ago, tj95 said:

Thank you, always good to have another option.