Volunteering 2022

stuie

4 minutes ago, Alexgraceperry said:

hi everyone 🙂 does anybody know of any last minute volunteering posts available? aware that it is very late in the day but trying my luck! thanks 🙂

I have been offered a Water Aid position but already accepted my Oxfam position so - I'd say check with them! Definitely get your name down!

1 minute ago, Alexgraceperry said:

hi everyone 🙂 does anybody know of any last minute volunteering posts available? aware that it is very late in the day but trying my luck! thanks 🙂

I think wateraid are still looking for people. Plus I had an email the other day about shelter looking for volunteers. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alexgraceperry said:

If your mate sets up a profile with Oxfam and logs in a few times a day there is a good chance places will come up as people drop out last minute. In 2019 I know someone who got a place at lunch time the Friday before the festival.

But you have to be fast and ready to pay the deposit straight away

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, March Hare said:

If your mate sets up a profile with Oxfam and logs in a few times a day there is a good chance places will come up as people drop out last minute. In 2019 I know someone who got a place at lunch time the Friday before the festival.

But you have to be fast and ready to pay the deposit straight away

amazing - will do thanks!

12 minutes ago, ThatCubT said:

I have been offered a Water Aid position but already accepted my Oxfam position so - I'd say check with them! Definitely get your name down!

thank you! it's for my friend that missed out on a ticket. going to get him to sort it today!! have a fab festival 🙂 🙂 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ThatCubT said:

So, what is there to do before the festival begins if we arrive Monday? Are we able to access the festival site itself on the Monday and Tuesday? Would be nice to have a wander - I've never been to Glastonbury before!

Yes, once accredited you're free to enter the site, and to explore as desired. Some areas/routes will be off limits  for but this will be advised/signed as appropriate.

There won't be much to do during the actual day, as many of the staff on site will still be involved in the build and will likely be behind schedule so use that time for exploration. There should be some bars open on Monday evening/night, and then a couple more on Tuesday. Some of the food stalls in the Main Markets will open by Tuesday evening as well.

Festaff crew in from Monday morning…lots coming straight from the IoW. We’re staying round the corner near Pylle from Saturday so probably see you up the Tor on Sunday 

3 hours ago, tj95 said:

Trying for one more friend now so will keep checking the Oxfam site periodically. Fingers crossed something comes up. Anyone aware of any cancellations etc?

Good luck! You’re in the same boat as me 🥴 i emailed oxfam and they said they wont be releasing any more places…

1 minute ago, Alexgraceperry said:

Good luck! You’re in the same boat as me 🥴 i emailed oxfam and they said they wont be releasing any more places…

Good luck to you too. Fingers crossed! You never know, people's situations change don't they. I'll post on here if I see any places pop up.

• Like 1

About the meet up on the Monday at 7pm Tow and Hitch- from posts I have picked up that @joeltg@Amani @JayBalls @fred quimby @blue6field @Jensescapade @irnkrtn @stuie @balti-pie @tarw @abiwish and @gazzared are looking at coming along but anyone else is more than welcome obviously.

As I said happy to set up a WhatsApp group if people want to DM me their details I can do the necessary.  But will also try and update on here (subject to signal) a bit more precise location within the bar on the evening.

2 weeks today 😀🍻

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, dondo said:

About the meet up on the Monday at 7pm Tow and Hitch- from posts I have picked up that @joeltg@Amani @JayBalls @fred quimby @blue6field @Jensescapade @irnkrtn @stuie @balti-pie @tarw @abiwish and @gazzared are looking at coming along but anyone else is more than welcome obviously.

As I said happy to set up a WhatsApp group if people want to DM me their details I can do the necessary.  But will also try and update on here (subject to signal) a bit more precise location within the bar on the evening.

2 weeks today 😀🍻

What a lovely group! I cannot wait. I'll DM you my number now. 

10 minutes ago, dondo said:

2 weeks today 😀🍻

Well up for this but now instead of saying I'll see such and such a band shift depending, now I have pre festival shifts this meet up will be shift depending! Fingers I can make it 😎🤞

39 minutes ago, dondo said:

2 weeks today 😀🍻

sounds great. 

From the looks of the telegram chat there will also be an Oxfam organised bar crawl on the monday night too. Any of you think you'll join that?

43 minutes ago, dondo said:

2 weeks today 😀🍻

I'll try to make that time. Things can get waylaid when on a pub crawl and exploring. The drinking will be starting much earlier than 7 haha 

44 minutes ago, dondo said:

2 weeks today 😀🍻

Great idea but Iam going with a normal ticket now, thanks anyway