Glastonbury Festival Good Pub Guide

croiz

On 4/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, Fish Bulb said:

You could filter this by Food and Drink which would kind of do that. Saying that I didn't create this so can't speak to it's accuracy or completeness: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Fb6abza1fXbASPYUzBSvJ8u4wXxqGVKH&ll=51.15076493609919%2C-2.579716702362047&z=15

cheers dude, thats mega, not getting much work done today, ace to look at as haven't been for 5 years

15 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

There's a bar at Strummerville too - don't think it has has name but they did a mean Bloody Mary and I usually have a beer there after the walk up there.

Forgot about the bar at Strummerville! Agreed! That Bloody Mary sorted me out.... staying at WV for the first time so I reckon that could be our local.

There's so many little bars like this dotted about... must be literally a hundred over the whole site?? I feel a spreadsheet coming on.

51 minutes ago, croiz said:

Forgot about the bar at Strummerville! Agreed! That Bloody Mary sorted me out.... staying at WV for the first time so I reckon that could be our local.

There's so many little bars like this dotted about... must be literally a hundred over the whole site?? I feel a spreadsheet coming on.

I don't even like Bloody Mary's but thought it hit the spot.  I didn't have to pay for it either - I'm not quite sure why now but I think the barman had just made a tweak to it and had a spare one or something!

Yeah a spreadsheet would be great - I do love a spreadsheet.  I did have something from a previous year (copied from here and maybe updated a bit).  I'll see if I can find it.

On 4/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, Fish Bulb said:

You could filter this by Food and Drink which would kind of do that. Saying that I didn't create this so can't speak to it's accuracy or completeness: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Fb6abza1fXbASPYUzBSvJ8u4wXxqGVKH&ll=51.15076493609919%2C-2.579716702362047&z=15

That is a thing of beauty!

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Thanks! I realised after I'd posted, the link above it had all the places I was looking for, d'oh. I wonder if any are out of date though.

I was just randomly clicking around the map and landed there just before I read your post.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:11 PM, kingbadger said:

Don't think it was anything to blag into, pretty sure it was a big Carlsberg tent with green flowers or something plastered along the sides

Apologies replying to an old post but i'd not seen this thread before. The Green Room Bar was the T&C backstage bar so you would need to blag to get into it if you don't have a T&C wristband. It was nice in there, they had a lovely cider available at the 2019 festival - sunny I think it was called. We played a set there on the Sunday afternoon. Sadly not there this year (like me), being replaced by 'Plumbleys'.

On 4/1/2022 at 12:20 PM, FatAmmy said:

Slightly off-topic but is there still a reliable back way into the corner? I used to make my way in to the back road from the craft fields to rocket lounge (And out for a quick exit to worthy view at the end of the night), but in 2019 that was usually guarded

There's a back way into The Common from the T&C backstage via The Orchard, not sure if it's accessible all night though.

Don't normally 'hit up bars', my general MO is to just grab a cider from the nearest place that do a proper one then bimble onto the next shindig. I last went in 2019 and a proper cider was a hard thing to find indeed, only the cider bus that we found. Yet reading this thread it appears that the crew bars are filled with delectable treats not available to the average punter?

4 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

it appears that the crew bars are filled with delectable treats not available to the average punter?

Sadly yes

must be to do with what contracts they have for beer and cider supply in the public areas

One “bar” that was superb and lost a few years ago was a local fruit wine place close to avalon, just going into the green fields. Think it was pennard organic wine. Just something local and different, these areas of difference appear to be being lost and not replaced.

18 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Sadly yes

must be to do with what contracts they have for beer and cider supply in the public areas

One “bar” that was superb and lost a few years ago was a local fruit wine place close to avalon, just going into the green fields. Think it was pennard organic wine. Just something local and different, these areas of difference appear to be being lost and not replaced.

Ah yes forgot about them. Didn't go frequently but enjoyed them when I did

43 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Don't normally 'hit up bars', my general MO is to just grab a cider from the nearest place that do a proper one then bimble onto the next shindig. I last went in 2019 and a proper cider was a hard thing to find indeed, only the cider bus that we found. 

Try permaculture, they've normally got some proper cider

7 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Sadly yes

Yes Pennard Organic Wines was great. They sold local white wine too, not just fruit wine, Sad to see it had gone last year. 

8 hours ago, spg said:

Try permaculture, they've normally got some proper cider

Upvote and a nod to the scran they do from their kitchen. The big meal was about 8 quid last year and it does two people.

There are real ciders all over the place if you head to some of tbe smaller (better ) bars. Bimble Inn etc etc 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 3:09 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Can someone tell me where the Bread and Roses bar is on the map? I've been searching around but can't find out where it's located.

One of my favourites, good bands on the small stage, plenty of seating outside and close to pyramid, other and food outlets. 

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

One of my favourites, good bands on the small stage, plenty of seating outside and close to pyramid, other and food outlets. 

Plymouth based Land of the Giants have been on in there lots of times, well worth catching them. Also been on the riser stage by the bottom of Acoustic field most days for the last few festivals 

11 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Plymouth based Land of the Giants have been on in there lots of times, well worth catching them. Also been on the riser stage by the bottom of Acoustic field most days for the last few festivals 

Yes, and the Leylines from Weston have been there a few times, hoping they appear this year. Incidentally the name Bread and Roses comes from an old song made famous by Judy Collins about women’s workers rights.