Pre-erected

blutarsky

Seems like most succeeded at getting either WV or Sticklinch in the resale?

I got the latter, as when I got in there were less options for WV.

I read that WV had toilets, washing facilities and a few takeaway eateries, e.g. burgers, bacon butties etc, plus a bar of some sort.

Also that in WV at some point you could rent air mattresses and sleeping bags?

And some mention of a shuttle bus, but I believe you needed to go to B&W on one and then get another one to WV.

I'm mentioning these things as it will be interesting to know; were these valid last time and secondly when the date gets nearer which of those are true for Sticklinch.

The 8 year old PDF about WV...
https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/WORTHY-VIEW-INFORMATION-PACK.pdf 

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

Also that in WV at some point you could rent air mattresses and sleeping bags?

And some mention of a shuttle bus, but I believe you needed to go to B&W on one and then get another one to WV.

Surely that’s not right re the shuttle bus? I’d read on here that there is one direct from Gate A to WV, although it takes about half an hour. Got a friend doing coach-to-WV and she surely won’t be alone in that.

No shuttle bus to Sticklinch apparently. It’s closer and there’s no hill.

I’d heard there was a place selling air beds at WV, but thought you had to bring your own sleeping bags?

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This was the case in recent festivals, but we heard the transfer time was longer than half an hour.

Took about an hour and an half in 2019 from arriving at the coach station to waiting in a queue for the shuttle to getting on and arriving at WV.

Biggest issue seemed to be the lack of buses, not sure if it was because we arrived at lunchtime.

13 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

There is a WV shuttle directly from Castle Cary train station and another one from the Festival Bus Station no mention of any shuttle from the B&W Showground

This is (or at least was) correct.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Took about an hour and an half in 2019 from arriving at the coach station to waiting in a queue for the shuttle to getting on and arriving at WV.

Biggest issue seemed to be the lack of buses, not sure if it was because we arrived at lunchtime.

Aye. This was the time quoted to us.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

You could probably walk it faster than that. Albeit carrying all your stuff up that hill

7 hours ago, blutarsky said:

It was closed by the time we got home every night in 2017. 

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

He he, show, off

He probably just means he set off at 8pm but it took him that long to get up the hill!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the clarification all, dunno where I got the B&W aspect from.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

No shuttle bus to Sticklinch apparently. It’s closer and there’s no hill.

I’d heard there was a place selling air beds at WV, but thought you had to bring your own sleeping bags?

Ah thanks for that, I'd looked in a few places without seeing much reference to the shuttle, or the facilities other than what's on the official pages.

The only info I could find was 7 or 8 years ago, so very hard to judge tbh, but had seen mention of someone renting stuff in 2019.

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If I go by coach this year I'll probably just pack light/ask mates to take stuff and walk through the site.

That does sound like a good idea.  I wonder who's bringing a decent sized vehicle from the west country 😉 

39 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

You could probably walk it faster than that. Albeit carrying all your stuff up that hill

Yes - I'd seen someone from 2019 say that's exactly what they would do next time.

Busy morning yesterday, x2 festival tickets and x1 2-person Scout Tent later and we're back to 2019 levels of joy!

Last thing we have to organise now is getting from Bristol Airport to WV on the Wednesday morning.

We went to book our flights from Belfast - Bristol yesterday - £808 was a little extortionate we felt. We're going to stay over in Bristol on the Tuesday evening before and the Monday evening after, saving the guts of £600.

5th time at WV, looking forward to it. We were right in the back row last time, hopefully a little closer to the arena gate this outing!

6 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Thanks folks. 

It's just the two of us. I'm used to a mahoosive tent - but then we usually have kids. So swings and roundabouts. 

first camping festival without kids since 2014. Cannot bloody wait. 

I'm sure you'll have a cracking time.

Here's some information (of variable vintage) I found about WV last night...

5 years older, so much more questionable, but this has some other details in the official PDF
https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/WORTHY-VIEW-INFORMATION-PACK.pdf

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If I go by coach this year I'll probably just pack light/ask mates to take stuff and walk through the site.

You'll want to check what the pass-out band situation is this year.  Historically you've gotten a special pass out band at pennard gate giving you access to WV, which you wouldnt get at the other gates.  I believe 2019 was slightly different though.

1 minute ago, siblin said:

You'll want to check what the pass-out band situation is this year.  Historically you've gotten a special pass out band at pennard gate giving you access to WV, which you wouldnt get at the other gates.  I believe 2019 was slightly different though.

2019 you had a Worthy View wristband so no pass out required for the Pennard Gate

17 minutes ago, David_303 said:

We've a 2 man in WV. I did think about trying to switch it for a bigger tent. Has anyone stayed in a 2-man scout before? Are they OK?

The 2-man Scout Tents at WV have more room in them than the 3-man tent we lug about for festivals!

1 minute ago, michaelscott_92 said:

Hi everyone! Very pleased that we've secured a 4 person Bell Tent at Sticklinch - does anyone know if the Bell tent comes with airbeds? Also any ideas on showers / facilities etc? thank you!

I’m in exactly the same position.

As it’s new there seems to be little info yet. If it matches Worthy View then there will be no beds provided. There should be showers, food options and a bar.

All TBC for now though it seems