Pre-erected

blutarsky

59 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Ah, well that's good news at least.

So are you waiting for someone to get a page monitor running on this for a resale one?

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

I'm in 2 minds really. I’ve never tried a bell tent so might just stick with that. It does seem like a lot of money for an empty tent though!

5 hours ago, t0paz said:

I'm in 2 minds really. I’ve never tried a bell tent so might just stick with that. It does seem like a lot of money for an empty tent though!

Check the prices for any tent by a third party, they're truly eye watering. 

This doesn't just get you the tent, you're paying someone's labour to erect and remove it, showers and bogs, nearby car park and other facilities. 

Just now, clarkete said:

Check the prices for any tent by a third party, they're truly eye watering. 

This doesn't just get you the tent, you're paying someone's labour to erect and remove it, showers and bogs, nearby car park and other facilities. 

Storage for 360 days a year too, probably a fair cost although i guess free at glastonbury

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Storage for 360 days a year too, probably a fair cost although i guess free at glastonbury

WV is/was mainly a group of different companies which do pre-erected and glamping options at a bunch of different festivals - tangerine fields, pod pads who take them to other festivals.

Admittedly the glastopods seem to be exclusive, and I haven't seen the scout tents at other festivals but it would seem crazy if these are not reused at all.

Does raise a question with the WV/Sticklinch split - perhaps the WV will now be the Glastonbury owned accommodation, with Sticklinch all the third party stuff (pods, yurts etc).

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

WV is/was mainly a group of different companies which do pre-erected and glamping options at a bunch of different festivals - tangerine fields, pod pads who take them to other festivals.

Admittedly the glastopods seem to be exclusive, and I haven't seen the scout tents at other festivals but it would seem crazy if these are not reused at all.

Does raise a question with the WV/Sticklinch split - perhaps the WV will now be the Glastonbury owned accommodation, with Sticklinch all the third party stuff (pods, yurts etc).

Doesn't seem that's the case, I've read elsewhere on here that these are the 2 firms and for example there are bell tents at Sticklinch 

https://www.perfectlypitchedproductions.com/accommodation

https://podpads.com/glastonbury-sticklinch

14 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Doesn't seem that's the case, I've read elsewhere on here that these are the 2 firms and for example there are bell tents at Sticklinch 

https://www.perfectlypitchedproductions.com/accommodation

https://podpads.com/glastonbury-sticklinch

Yeah on second look sticklinch does seem to have scouts and glastobells too.  But WV is *only* scouts and Glastobells.

2 hours ago, siblin said:

The scout tents are owned by GFL, hence their use at Worthy Pastures last year. I think some of the Bells are too. 

Would be interesting to know if some of you would still go to Glastonbury if pre-erected/glamping wasn't an option?

Seems like a lot of people have got to a certain age and then decided that they'd rather take the stress out of a few things and rolled with it, but would that have meant you would have given up the festival if that hadn't been an option?

One of my friends started coming in 2013 and has only ever done Worthy View!

15 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Would be interesting to know if some of you would still go to Glastonbury if pre-erected/glamping wasn't an option?

Seems like a lot of people have got to a certain age and then decided that they'd rather take the stress out of a few things and rolled with it, but would that have meant you would have given up the festival if that hadn't been an option?

For me (I'll be 45 when Glastonbury rolls around), Glastonbury is the only festival I opt for pre-erected camping. It's more to do with luggage on the airplane than anything else. I'm at 4 festivals this year, the other three in Ireland. Two of those are relatively small, with Electric Picnic's capacity increased to 70,000 this year for the first time. At Electric Picnic, we camp in the BYEco site, where everyone is expected to recycle all waste in bins provided. It's amazing to leave the site on the Monday morning with it still in the same state as you arrived on the Thursday!

Edited by rubick
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I am of a certain age and don’t want to stay in WV, would much rather be camping in Pennards as usual. I have hurt my back and I’m travelling solo this year so I can’t manage a tent. I’d still go without WV, would be a real struggle though and I’d probably hurt myself on the way in. 
Charm x

2 minutes ago, rubick said:

For me (I'll be 45 when Glastonbury rolls around), Glastonbury is the only festival I opt for pre-erected camping. It's more to do with luggage on the airplane than anything else. I'm at 4 festivals this year, the other three in Ireland. Two of those are relatively small, with Electric Picnic's capacity increased to 70,000 this year for the first time. At Electric Picnic, we camp in the BYEco site, where everyone is expected to recycle all waste in bins provided. It's amazing to leave the site on the Monday morning with it still in the same state as you arrived on the Thursday!

I think the majority of grumbling from my friends who now do the pre-erected option is Glastonbury specific....long walks from the car to camp and the queue to get in being the main two!

Just now, am00 said:

I stayed with camplight in 2016...it was based right beside the Tipis at the top of Park. But I don't think these guys operate anymore?!

Me too, they were go great, excellent location and really nice people. Sad they are not there. Think their spot was where The Pier is now. 
Charm x

3 minutes ago, am00 said:

I stayed with camplight in 2016...it was based right beside the Tipis at the top of Park. But I don't think these guys operate anymore?!

I think if that was an option that's what I would go for now.

I'm now into my 40s (just) and my main issues are the very long walk from car to camp and the queues to get in, both of which I struggle with due to an old shoulder injury from a car accident years ago.

However like @Charm I don't really want to pay a ton of money for pre-erected options on the edge of the site!

32 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Absolutely I would still do the festival without pre-erected camping, but as you say it takes a lot of the stress out of it.

45 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Absolutely. Our last two have been main site camping, prior to that we stayed twice in WV. We’re doing Sticklinch this year due to childcare and not being able to get there first thing Wednesday. I do struggle with the cost v use though.

56 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I would. As for my group, hmmm maybe not. I'm in Sticklinch this year and have done WV twice. In 17 I was solo and was back in Pylon. My personal preference would to be inside the fence and I came very close to getting my lot to crack and agree to head back in.

The pre-erected does make the beginning and end of the festival so much less hassle. You do not have to leave at the crack of dawn to get into the queue at 4am, you can rock up at lunchtime and just head straight in without having to lug your gear for miles. To be honest for me that is the main benefit, my friends also like the showers but I never use them.

In fairness I quite liked WV but it did 'feel' different to camping inside the fence, I'm hoping that Sticklinch basically being adjacent to Rigs Field will make it feel that little more connected to the festival.

There seems to be a common issue for a lot of people. Those who would prefer pre-erected tents as they don’t want to carry their gear also don’t want to deal with carrying their bags up the monster of a hill. 

I don’t believe Worthy View has a dedicated parking area and it’s the opposite side of the festival to the bus station. 

Should they have pre-erected camping at the more accessible side of the site and where would they put it?

3 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I would. As for my group, hmmm maybe not. I'm in Sticklinch this year and have done WV twice. In 17 I was solo and was back in Pylon. My personal preference would to be inside the fence and I came very close to getting my lot to crack and agree to head back in.

The pre-erected does make the beginning and end of the festival so much less hassle. You do not have to leave at the crack of dawn to get into the queue at 4am, you can rock up at lunchtime and just head straight in without having to lug your gear for miles. To be honest for me that is the main benefit, my friends also like the showers but I never use them.

In fairness I quite liked WV but it did 'feel' different to camping inside the fence, I'm hoping that Sticklinch basically being adjacent to Rigs Field will make it feel that little more connected to the festival.

This year we've gone from just 2 people who were in WV in 2019 to this year.....3 are in a Tipi, 8 in Sticklinch with 6 of us sticking it out in standard camping.

Its also now dividing the group as before everyone used to camp together, in fact one of my friends going in the Tipi has already said its going to make getting us all together each day a nightmare due to everyone being spread all over the site.

I almost wish there would be some sort of paid service where you can get decent parking but also get in the middle of the site to camp to help with us who don't necessarily go down the WV/Sticklinch/glamping route but also struggle with the queuing and long walks from the car park. 

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

This year we've gone from just 2 people who were in WV in 2019 to this year.....3 are in a Tipi, 8 in Sticklinch with 6 of us sticking it out in standard camping.

Its also now dividing the group as before everyone used to camp together, in fact one of my friends going in the Tipi has already said its going to make getting us all together each day a nightmare due to everyone being spread all over the site.

I almost wish there would be some sort of paid service where you can get decent parking but also get in the middle of the site to camp to help with us who don't necessarily go down the WV/Sticklinch/glamping route but also struggle with the queuing and long walks from the car park. 

I'm sorry to hear that. In 2015 I had the same experience, I was in Pylon and all my friends were in WV. We did actually manage to see each other quite a lot and I did manage to spend a lot of time together with them, but it does change the group dynamic.

I think the best way to deal with queues and long walks is to try and get a coach and then park yourself in Darble or Pylon both of which you can do after midday and to be honest even Thursday without the trials and tribulations of the early morning queues. I'm happy to do that now rather than chase the holy grail of a room with a view.

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'm sorry to hear that. In 2015 I had the same experience, I was in Pylon and all my friends were in WV. We did actually manage to see each other quite a lot and I did manage to spend a lot of time together with them, but it does change the group dynamic.

I think the best way to deal with queues and long walks is to try and get a coach and then park yourself in Darble or Pylon both of which you can do after midday and to be honest even Thursday without the trials and tribulations of the early morning queues. I'm happy to do that now rather than chase the holy grail of a room with a view.

Its ok!  

We usually camp near Pangea/Arcadia/The Park so we are hoping that our campsite will be used as 'base camp' for everyone and see how it goes.

I'm on a coach this year so I'll be coming into Ped gate A, hopefully with not too much of a queue then the main bit will be getting over to our camp.  Another friend in CV East is going to bring my beer and camping chair for me to help.

That said, we usually come by car, so if I get a ticket next year and go back to that I think I'm going to do as you suggest and just arrive perhaps early afternoon on the Wednesday so no queue and camp further out...doesn't resolve the issue of the long walk from the car but I think I can just about cope with that one if I can do it in two trips.  Its the 4 hr queues to get in that finish me off!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Its ok!  

We usually camp near Pangea/Arcadia/The Park so we are hoping that our campsite will be used as 'base camp' for everyone and see how it goes.

I'm on a coach this year so I'll be coming into Ped gate A, hopefully with not too much of a queue then the main bit will be getting over to our camp.  Another friend in CV East is going to bring my beer and camping chair for me to help.

That said, we usually come by car, so if I get a ticket next year and go back to that I think I'm going to do as you suggest and just arrive perhaps early afternoon on the Wednesday so no queue and camp further out...doesn't resolve the issue of the long walk from the car but I think I can just about cope with that one if I can do it in two trips.  Its the 4 hr queues to get in that finish me off!

Sounds like you have it sorted! Have a great festival!

21 hours ago, blutarsky said:

4 person Bell tents in WV and 6 person accommodation in Sticklinch still available right now. 

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/worthy-view-sticklinch-accommodation/worthy-farm/1450010

4 person Yurt and Bells now available in Sticklinch in addition to the above

51 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

There seems to be a common issue for a lot of people. Those who would prefer pre-erected tents as they don’t want to carry their gear also don’t want to deal with carrying their bags up the monster of a hill. 

I don’t believe Worthy View has a dedicated parking area and it’s the opposite side of the festival to the bus station. 

Should they have pre-erected camping at the more accessible side of the site and where would they put it?

Both Worthy View and Sticklinch have separate car parks next to the camp sites for the people staying there only.